Centrl - $999.99 -> Free

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by stargazer513, Mar 19, 2009.

1. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #1 stargazer513, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    like..WOW grab it now and yourselves a grand boy and girls!!:p

http://appshopper.com/link/mycentrl

Centrl is a location-based social network that helps you connect with your friends, share your favorite locations, discover new places, meet new people and find special money saving offers.

Centrl is easy to use:
    You can login to Centrl from your existing social-network, you do not need a new account. Centrl has applications in Facebook, MySpace, Hi5, Ning, Orkut, Bebo and Friendster. And Centrl is integrated with Twitter.

Centrl is practical:
    Connect with your friends easily. Communicate with them for free (no text messaging or SMS charges). Discover events, favorite places and special money saving offers.

Centrl is convenient:
    Centrl runs on iPhone, Android and Blackberry. Windows Mobile and Symbian are coming soon.
    You can easily connect to your social network from your phone (all social networks are supported for this feature).

Centrl is safe:
    You can control how Centrl updates your locations and you can even become invisible. And Centrl has the best privacy policy among available location-based
    social-networks. Centrl does not sell or keep your location-history. Every new location updates overwrites the previous one and after one week, your last known location is removed if you do not have new updates.
    What's new

1) new privacy settings

:D

2. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    I would have gladly paid 999.99 to be connected to my friends :):)...

noooot....being connected to them isn't worth that much.

well, not in that way. :rolleyes:

3. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Well, that's a big price drop...I wonder if it was worth $999.99, although even if it was, people would be whining for a price drop :)

4. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I bet that one person with a customer review is quite annoyed. :p

5. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    There is no way anyone would ever pay 1000 for this. So is pricing it at 1000 and reducing it to 0 just a hilarious marketing ploy?

I love it.

6. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Wouldn't it be funny if the developer said, "What? Why are you so angry? It's only a 1000 dollar sale!"

7. majormauser

majormauser Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Hey THANKS I was really missing out on life without this.....

I think not...

8. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Wow, I'm technically saving $1000 by downloading this app...Just think of what I can buy with that money in the app store!

9. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Stargazer if i didn't know you better, i'd be yelling about spam!! :)

still... does anyone here actually use this app? Is it worth setting up?

10. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    lolll hi wegmans :) i dont recall seeing u before..maybe i hav bad memory:p havent even downloaded the app myself yet hahah

11. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    A 1000 dollars saved is 1000 dollars earned.

12. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    hhaha so busted! oh well we will have to wait and see! :D

13. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It's this distorted sense of perspective that makes this forum of game addicts and immaturity so great :)

14. kirothak

kirothak Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    yah i saw this today and was kinda confused for a sec. But i believe its a crazy marketing ploy. I believe the Dev knows that app sniper and app sale websites are very popular, pulling this stunt would certainly make sure the app gets noticed among all the other price drop to free garbage apps that happen daily.

I believe it worked, I mean if it was not for the 999.99 > free would any of us be talking about it? i asm sure it brought in a great deal of downloads (and i asume this is a ad supported app thus it probably worked great) brilliant really

15. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    zen pro did this to

16. kiancheong

kiancheong Well-Known Member

the last time i posted about some similar ploy: http://www.onemoretap.com/2009/02/07/multi-lingua-99999/, there were feedback from the crowd saying that the developer might be trying to limit distribution and discourage people from purchasing their app.

Not sure about the intention for this one though... you only get bad exposure when people complaint about the price, eh? ;)