Celtic Heroes : iPhone MMO (Previously known as Highland Warrior)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #121 Artfoundry, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    That's fine, but to come on and say the graphics are terrible is something else.
    And I think it's unfair to state that - really high quality textures and models requires an expensive team of artists and engineers, something Gameloft or EA can afford but not indie developers. The majority of 3D games on iOS are going to have older looking graphics because the hardware simply can't do high resolution looking content w/o serious optimizations. This is particularly true for MMOs that will need to account for a large number of characters on screen. Expecting all MMOs to have the quality graphics of Order & Chaos is unrealistic.

2. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I think Crescent Moon Games may have picked this up for an overhaul. That's just speculation based on Josh's latest Tweet: "Pretty big announcement for Crescent Moon, next week-ish, I think. Another very cool game we picked up and are 'playing with' :)" My guess would have to be that this is the game he's talking about.

3. Xertyx

Xertyx New Member

May 14, 2011
    Does anyone know if beta is currently available? And if so, how should we go about signing up for it?

Thanks.

4. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    They offered a signup for beta testing ages ago. But i don't know if they've sent out the copies of the beta yet.

5. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    hmm.... well i would love to test if they haven't closed it yet ;)

6. I hope so. This is starting to be Crescent Moon's niche...

"Hey devs! Does your current iOS game look like a$$? For a small percentage of the profits we can overhaul those lame game graphics to make it look sweet and help you earn MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY!"
    (If you don't get the mo' money reference, you're too young - wouldn't surprise me to find out CM operates out of the back of a truck in Brooklyn...)

It's like a dev house for other developers to use to help ensure their games don't suck too bad.

7. rhasinski

rhasinski Active Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Just a quick update, we are still working away, here's few updated pics - we are focussing on game balance right now having added in lots of new weapons and armour.

[​IMG]

8. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Looks really nice, any ETA on the release?

9. Supper001

Supper001 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2011
    Sportsman
    Fascinating RPG game. I' m eager to customise my boy. Where can I get this game then?

10. Lähiörotta

Lähiörotta New Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Soo is there a relase date?

11. rhasinski

rhasinski Active Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Not long to go now!

New info, videos and images will be posted up regularly at http://www.celtic-heroes.com

In the mean time here's a new video of the character creation page:

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    wow, that's some pretty serious customization

13. rhasinski

rhasinski Active Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland