Celtic Heroes : iPhone MMO (Previously known as Highland Warrior)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Skarthi

Skarthi Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Yup, sorry. I'm English and we use a different date order to Americans. Touch arcade is American isn't it?

2. Skarthi

Mar 25, 2011
    Yup, sorry. I'm English and we use a different date order to Americans. Touch arcade is American isn't it?

3. rhasinski

rhasinski Active Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hi guys to answer a few questions.

There will be clans, item trading, quests and grouping at launch.

Things like pets, guild houses, marketplace and mounts will be added in future updates. We are planning on extending and improving the game regularly for a long time to come, as long as people keep playing the game we plan to keep improving it.

The game will be a free download with some iAP's. The game is still in development. There will be 5 classes at launch; mage, rogue, druid, warrior and ranger.

4. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    How about dungeons and raids?

5. omgireach4

omgireach4 Active Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Dentist
    Indonesia
    Visit real castles and experience real historical events from 14th Century Scotland. Chat and group with other players and friends, join clans and explore a persistent online 3D world. Design your own male or female player avatar; customise it with a huge variety of visible weapons, clothing and amour. Fight Vikings, craft items, talk to the local people, have fun and complete quests. :D

6. rhasinski

rhasinski Active Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    There are dungeons, there is no formal structure of a 'raid' but there are strong enemies that will need players to cooperate in order to be victorious. The idea right now is to make the core game playable by a solo player, but have some interesting content for groups and large numbers of players as well. We will be expanding the game world all the time so we may well add in some raid only dungeons in the future.

7. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    At is happening with the beta testing? Have the people been selected? I can't wait until this comes out. It is going to be epic!

8. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yes, TA is run in the US. But how would a different date order matter? Heh, I mean, even if you have the month second in your date formats, there's still no 24th or 30th month - so how would you interpret 03-24-2011 as anything other than March 24?

9. Skarthi

Mar 25, 2011
    maybe I read it as the 3rd. I'm not sure it was just a mistake does it really matter?

10. jamesdoug

Mar 5, 2011
    Ok everyone, let's stay on topic. Let's not worry about what happened over a week ago. Everybody makes mistakes

11. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in your imagination
    Very nicely done! My only suggestion is to make the faces look more unique and less freaky.

12. OpticCrash

OpticCrash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Can't wait for this game!
    Already applied for beta testing!

13. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Any word on how close this game is to release? Any estimated release dates? I'm anxious for this game.

14. jamesdoug

Mar 5, 2011
    Well it must be coming closer. Emails were received for beta testers today. Beta testing is usually the last point in making a game.

15. OpticCrash

Apr 3, 2011
    What sort of emails? I got an email about my testing, but it was just saying they noted my name.

16. jamesdoug

Mar 5, 2011
    Same, but that must mean beta testing is close. I hope i make it.

17. OpticCrash

Apr 3, 2011
    Me too. I'm really excited about what this game will become.

18. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Based on the first page with screens from October, the graphics look kind of terrible unless you like the Runescape style. Still nice to see another iPhone MMO.

19. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :p
    A little tact goes a long way...

20. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    It's no secret that the devs went after a simple Runescape graphics style for the app, which is fine, although I'm not a fan of the style.