Universal Cavernaut (by Einheit B)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Einheit B, Sep 22, 2015.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #161 drelbs, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Can confirm 6+ graphics are better.

Uploading samples to IMGUR...

Previous version

New version

Overall, things are less blurry, pixels are nice and crisp now! :)

2. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #162 tops2, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Thanks for the update. The newer graphics is sharp and the field of view is more zoomed out which makes the game slightly easier in the early stages in terms of exploration. It almost feels like I'm cheating..at least compared to the view before, but I'm loving it!

Edit: Just did a speed run and was so close to escaping. Passed the last set of gates, but just needed extra 0.5 second of fuel. Momentum couldn't let me escape. Talk about a tense moment! It was going to be my first escape too. Time to try again later. ;-)

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Won't allow me to leave review in AppStore since update. This game looks freaking amazing on my iPhone 6 , I'm guessing the update changed the colors or something . Looks sharp and polished

4. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    THIS is evil!

Attached Files:

5. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #165 demod1, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    This is horse caca! Love this game!!! One request... Can you PLEASE relocate the QUIT button on the Pause menu. I have accidentally hit it 1/2 a dozen times and the biggest problem is you lose what you picked up durning that session. Very frustrating!

Attached Files:

6. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    #166 cy@n, Oct 7, 2015
    Agree :D

Btw: what a big difference of the viewable area between iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 :eek: (comparing our screenshots)

7. Einheit B

Einheit B Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    #167 Einheit B, Oct 7, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback on the updated version everybody! Good to hear it's now looking better even on the 6+. And no, colors didn't change, maybe they are looking different now the game isn't upscaled anymore. Larger viewable area was the only way to adapt to the different screen sizes, but I think the effect on the gameplay is not too big.

And yeah, those 3 lasers have already made my beta testers mad :D But you _can_ get past -- there is no obstacle in the game that is impossible. We proved that before release!

As for the quit button: That is something I haven't heard before, but i can change it easily. Probably placing it at the top of the screen should reduce the probability of hitting it by accident. Will put that on my list :)

Cheers, Jan

8. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    The 3 lasers may be possible if you are relaxed at the start of a new mission but its hard if you are playing for 15minutes and you are getting closer to your highscore :cool:

The exit-button-accident just happened to me for ONE time. Since then i am very careful resuming a game ...
    Button on top sounds clever. I was thinking of a dialog box ("sure?") before your suggestion.

Great game anyways, Jan!

9. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    LOL
    ... crashed while taking this screenshot :cool:

Attached Files:

10. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Bug?

It now happened twice to me, that I upgraded either fuel or large crystals and the next time I played, it was back to before the upgrade.

Not a big problem, since the money also was back to before and it was just a matter of upgrading again. The second time it happened yesterday, with the current version.

Maybe it did not save properly, because I usually quit playing after the upgrade?

11. Einheit B

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    Hey stooney, yeah, sounds like you quit faster than it could save :)
    Not sure if anything can be done about it, but thanks for the info, I can look into it now. At least you don't lose stuff, so it's not a serious issue.
    Cheers, Jan

12. Einheit B

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    I posted this in the Android section of the forums already, but in case any Android users are following this thread, here's the info again: I finally have a release date for the Android version of Cavernaut! It will be available on Google Play and Amazon on October 13th!

Cheers,
    Jan

13. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    YESSSSSS!!!! It can be done! LOL
    Great game!!!

Attached Files:

14. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    All that effort and I'm only 3rd on the leaderboards??? That's it! I'm coming for you guys!

Attached Files:

15. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    #175 cy@n, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Be sure to find all treasures!
    You can earn up to 2100 points for collecting all parts of a set (depends on the number of parts you have to collect).
    Congrats for reaching the top , btw!

Attached Files:

16. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Wow! That's a massive payoff! Also, I thought of your comment immediately after possing the triple laser death trap! Decided, NO SCREENSHOT happening! LOL

17. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Made 18K today without getting to the top (as usual). Stupid me was stopped by a mine #. Overall high was sooooooo close ...

18. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Great run cy@n!!! Bumped me down to forth ta boot!

19. Einheit B

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    Yay, you guys really got some competition going on! That's really fun to watch!

20. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    The score of a run massivly depends on how many luminum crystals and treasures are distributed over the caves. Usually i restart when stage 1 ends with less than 2K ... 2.5K or more is a nice start (2880 is the highest score i experienced so far).
    The most important thing are many treasures (that give lots of bonus), so 3 or more treasures in stage 1 can make a start with a lower score worth to be continued