Universal Cavernaut (by Einheit B)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Einheit B, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Yes, I'm aware. I currently have stacks and stacks of medical bills that take priority. Not to mention that my current physical condition is keeping me from working like I normally do. I've spent thousands on mobile games and would normally not even blink at spending $1, but unfortunately, my current situation does not allow it. Thanks for the reminder though.

2. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I just got to aera 4, with just on upgrade in each category. I have one criticism, it's about bonus you find. I this last run, I had three times the radar for artefacts, three times shield, but no radar for fuel pads, no armor bonus, no 2* bonus... It would be nice if the randomness could be a little less random, to favorize bonus you don't already had in the run.

Anyway, back to it. :D

3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    nothing personal. i wish you to get well soon!

4. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I know bud, no worries. Thank you.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Do you have a uk iTunes account? I can gift it to you?
    I've been in similar situation and it sucks. Hope things get better.

I'm late to the party, there's been some great titles this week. Can't really add anything to the positive stuff others have said already. I struggled with he controls but I'd already read about the invert option so that didn't last long.
    Is anyone upgrading in a certain order? I've got to area three with one fuel uograde, was thinking of maxing that out then work on the others but now I'm not so sure :)

6. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I appreciate the offer, but I don't have a UK account. I have one in pretty much every other country but the UK lol. Thank you again though, that is really cool of you to offer.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Out of all the games I've picked up this week, this is by far my favorite!

You're managing to scratch several itches here - Lunar Lander-ish gameplay, random levels, upgrades, budgeting fuel to get higher or more items...

Love it.

And the controls are good too. Had to reverse the tilt, still feel like I'd like a bit more sensitivity, but no real complaints. Glad I picked this one up.

8. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I did money, then fuel, then the rest, And now I just bought level 2 money. I'll proceed like that to the end. Anyway, I was able to get to area 4 with just one fuel upgrade.

9. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    This is kinda random, but I was wondering if Cavernaut would be a good candidate for 3D Touch eventually. It might be fun if the amount of pressure you place on the screen would affect thrust and give you tactile feedback on new devices.

Of course, such an enhancement should never be at the expense of those without the 6S or 6S+ (because just holding the screen is totally fine right now) but I just think there are some really nice possibilities in the future using 3D Touch!

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm having the same issue on my iPad Air (though it works fine on my iPhone). I think it has something to do with Game Center, as it always freezes at the point GC would load on the iPhone. Also, iOS 9 seems to have broken game center on my iPad in general (which is a known issue I think). Maybe when Apple releases a fix Cavernaut will start working as well?

Also, my iPad is pretty full so maybe the problem is game center and space issues on iOS 9?

11. Einheit B

Einheit B Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    Hi sweetdiss, I actually suspected game center here already, too. Had a feeling that apple is currently tinkering with it. I'll try to do more research in that direction.

@fiskadoro: Funny you had the 3D touch idea. When my wife played it for the first time, she actually thought that the pressure matters :) I'm not sure though if implementing that for real would make the gameplay better. I think simplicity is important here. But I'll sure start to experiment with it when I can get hold of a 6S.

Cheers, Jan

12. €¥€

€¥€ Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I had same problem, reinstalling fixed it. If it helps I only hade around 250 mb of free space at the time.

13. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Every time I crash, the game crashes, so it is unplayable on iPad Air 2. Every time. Sucks because it looks fun and I enjoy it until I die.

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'm still very much invested in this game but I'm coming to a point where their are no more upgrades to maintain and I've been to all sectors. Now the mechanics and gameplay are spectacular and this game is very good.
    I hope that they keep updating the game every couple of months because what keeps me coming back are collecting and upgrading.
    If they put new upgrades and new collections to collect I'll continue to make this my go to game but when I run out of things to obtain their wont be much more for me to come back to.
    I really hope this continues to keep updated because this is a very good game that should. It's hard to make a great successful game and this developer has made it .
    And by the looks of it the developer listens to its fans and that makes for a very successful developer and loyal fanbase.
    I can't say enough good about this game.

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    It's a neat game in its core, but to upgrade your ship takes a massive amount of grinding, like F2P amount of grinding. Sure you might get lucky and have many refuel stations in a certain playthrough, but overall the upgrades seem necessary to complete the game. But they are overly expensive, in my opinion.

16. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    First off, a very special thank you to Einheit B for the promo code! I've put in quite a bit of time playing and I must say, this game is awesome! I happen to be a huge fan of cave/lander games and this one is definitely one of the best I've played. It's right up there with Flop Rocket- it's quite different so I would say that it's as least as good, so I now have two favorite cave/lander games. The controls here are spot on (and I generally dislike accelerometer controlled games), the music is perfect, and the game just over all kicks ass. Definitely recommended!

17. Einheit B

Einheit B Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    Hi 8BitFlash, this is a known bug, happens when the device is not connected to the internet. I'm looking to fix it in an update next week.
    Cheers, Jan

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Bought the game and looking forward to playing with it. I surely hope that you don't expect that people have to be connected to the internet for a single player experience. I understand that some games have to be connected, but making that a condition of playability for a seemingly stand-alone game does not make a lot of sense.

19. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #99 Lull4by, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Well, I just beat the game.

The last level is really tough because there are many spike walls, which will nearly KILL you, but I still counter it by my SWEATED hands lol

Although I beat the game already, I still wish the game will get more content updates in the future, thanks Dev:D

[​IMG]

20. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Gamecenter could be bugged..or dev deleted hackers? I have seen people reporting finishing the game but currently my score of 13,840 is number one..on Gamecenter..internal leaderboard shows I'm lower..I guess I'm
    close to finishing but what gives?
    Love this game✌️