Universal Cavernaut (by Einheit B)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Einheit B, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #61 Gurney Halleck, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Saw this and was immediately excited at the prospect of a Lunar Lander type game with excellent controls and robust gameplay with a little more depth. Well it appears that the game gods have heard these musings and answered with a resounding and definitive answer. "You shall have your Lunar Lander-like and it shall be called 'Cavernaut', but only if you recognize our hand in all things. Things like FLAWLESS Tilt Controls, Immersive music, strategic gameplay depth, and a robust upgrade path!!" I pay homage to the game gods and see that their Paladin Knight in the form of Mr. Einheit B has done his duty and the gods are pleased. A truly excellent effort and a joy to play. This is my favorite game of the month, and personally I believe this stands in good company to contend for Game of the Year. All the best Einheit B and after I play through another Zone I will leave an enthusiastic recommendation on the AppStore as well! Truly loving this little gem and hard to beleive this is your first solo effort! Keep up the great work and I look forward to the prospect of future content and gameplay enhancements for Cavernaut! Oh!! And I almost forgot to mention NO IAP's and only $.99?!!! Truly a no brainer here folks.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #62 LordShad0wz, Sep 24, 2015
    I dare someone to try and find even one really bad thing to say about the game? I swear I've tried. I can't. And honestly it's a unique thing because I always look for the bad things. The only thing that would come close, would be I've always hated tilt. While I think it's the most refined of any tilt game I've ever played on an iPhone. However I would like to have the choice of on screen controls. I still can't say it's negative. I'm just saying the choice would be better.

But I can't think of anything else that could be negative. Apple really needs to look at this game. It hits a ton of genres. And the graphics are simple yet really done nicely. The music and sounds are awesome and pretty cool.

I wish there was a way to actually tell Apple. I left an awesome review on the AppStore. Is there a site we can leave feedback on this with Apple?Actually the first three reviews are for myself, Noen and Anotherkellydown. Bam bam bam! Tell me what site did that? Haha

Billy

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Once you get the hang of this , this game is super addictive trying to see how far you can get what you can find and beating your high score become obsessive

4. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Yeah, I was playing on an airplane today and it crashed immediately after each game

5. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Yay!

6. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    my thoughts.

7. Einheit B

Einheit B Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    Whoa. "Paladin Knight". That has a nice ring to it :D
    Honestly, can't stress enough how great it feels to release my game to such a wonderful community! Thanks for the ongoing support, and thanks for all those great App Store reviews – I know most of them (if not all, at least in the US store) are from you guys here on this forum. Keep those coming!

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Can't add much more to what's already been said about this beauty. I get a Desert Golfing vibe while playing. I love it.

9. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    #69 ZorakZoran, Sep 24, 2015
    I'm sorry to be redundant, but damn this game is really good. Nice music, graphics, solid gameplay, even the menu is well done. For a first game, this is really a homerun. Thanks dev for the work, it took obviously a long time to finish it, but well worth it. Hope you have success, I would be glad to have updates on this game, and most of all other games from you.

Now I'm on my way to leave a 5 star review on the french appstore. Congrats, and best of luck.

PS : yeah, I'd like support for the 6+ screen, but if it doesn't come, no big deal.

edit : ok, no review from me, the keyboard doesn't appear... Appstore is really buggy these days, anyway you still have 5 stars, but couldn't write anything.

10. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, what amazing controls. The tilt is just perfectly calibrated.

One of those rare games where it feels that when I make a mistake, say hitting a cave wall, it's my fault entirely, not the fault of the game or the controls. I like that you can play at your own pace to some extent (although there is a fuel limit of course) and it's kinda cheeky when you thrust up a passage to grab some crystals only to discover it's a dead end.

Now I'm working out what will be the best thing to upgrade first...

11. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Clearly for me Shield and tractor beam are last, because that's bonuses you don't always find, Hull armor not much because I don't touch often, so between fuel, obvioulsy, and crystals, which will allow to gain more at each run.

i just discovered that lasers are instakill, that's nasty ! I had full armor and shield, so I told myself I could run through in order to get to a fuel pad which i badly needed, zaaaap, you're dead. Damn ! :p

12. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Hey ! That's the best buck I put in a game for months !
    Not very interested at first but I was intrigued.
    Now I can't stop playing this well done game !
    Controls, music, fun and wish to play it again one more, this little game is marvellous !
    Thanks for making it alive !
    Very happy !

13. Einheit B

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    Hey, people are already discussing upgrade strategies. Now that's cool!

For all you iPhone 6 users, I have good news: I think I found a way to better support the resolution of that device which is reasonably easy to implement, so I'll most probably have it in the update I'm currently preparing. I'll try to get that out by the end of next week. Not sure about the 6+ though. It does this weird downsampling, don't know yet what's the best way to handle that.

In the meantime, have fun with my game!

Cheers, Jan

14. Einheit B

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    #74 Einheit B, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Hi there, still got some promo codes left, so I thought I'd drop them here for the weekend. As always, please leave a reply if you take one, and let me know what you think of Cavernaut!

[Edit] All codes redeemed.

Cheers, Jan

15. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Thanks, Jan. redeemed the first one.

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I redeemed the 3rd code, the 2nd was already used

17. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    It was a nice game for the 1 time it worked but now it freezes at the loading screen

18. Einheit B

Aug 28, 2015
    Designer & developer
    Muenster/Germany
    Hi Jack, sorry to hear that. This has occurred to two players before (that I know of). I'm trying to work out what causes this error. At least in one case uninstalling the game and then reinstalling helped; I had assumed the error is connected to the devices storage being full, but that could not be confirmed yet. I'm hoping to get this fixed in the next update.
    Cheers, Jan

19. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    All codes redeemed :( Thanks lurkers.

20. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    just 1$...