Universal Cavernaut (by Einheit B)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Einheit B, Sep 22, 2015.

1. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    amazing cave flyer!

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    If I see anotherkellydown and Noen endorse a game it's instabuy for me. Downloading as I type this. Let's rock! I'll post impressions later today.

Billy

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Haha I played the game for ten seconds!

You know I always hate tilt controls but with the game in portrait I have to say those ten seconds of flying kicked ass. Hahaha

I can tell already this game is going to be fun!!

Billy

Attached Files:

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the recommendations and reviews everyone. Bought it, and everything comes together here and just feels...good!

5. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    OK - if AKD, Noen AND LordShad0wz are all over a game... I need a Maglor instabuy cat...
    Interested to see what the tilt controls are like. My all time favorite control scheme of this type is BS's Flop Rocket (which I still play, but STILL have only made out once!).
    Everything about this screams quality - looking forward to trying it tonight.

6. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    This game amazing I love the graphics the game so fun easy my favourite game of September so far :)

7. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Was waiting for this. Picked it up and love it. The tilt control is the most precise of any game I have ever played. This is the perfect cave flyer, lunar lander game. Bravo to the Dev. Everyone should pick up this game! at only .99 this game is a steal.

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, I can't recommend this game enough. If your on the fence, just get it. Don't worry about tilt controls, they are perfect. (Once you flip the inverted controls. Lol) Like I've said before, it's just a good old fashioned mobile game. No IAPs, so schenanigans. It's just a perfect pick-up-and-play game with just enough to keep you wanting to try one more run. (Especially after you had a good 5+ minute run!) I don't put my "stamp of approval" on too many games, but this is definitely one I'll vouch for. Lol

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #29 LordShad0wz, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Amen! I feel the exact same way. This game should be an apple editors choice. I left a nice review on the AppStore. Everyone get this game. It's worth way more than what the dev is charging. It's just a great time!

The best part of the game is the suspense when you are watching that fuel gauge go red and there's the landing pad! Annnnd crash lol

I just need to add I hate, no, I loathe those damn mining lasers. Hehe

To the dev, have you worked on other projects? There's no way this is your first game. Really nice job. Thank you! You've made a fan!

Billy

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Seems like a no brainier . Must buy to everyone. Got my Stamp of approval .

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #31 Gwarmaxx, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    nice intro, good menus, great and atmospheric tunes, addictive gameplay... all is really well done!!!

it's a little gem, congrats to the dev!

edit> even the website design is really professional
    http://www.cavernaut.com/

12. katie.blake

katie.blake Member

Sep 23, 2015
    USA
    COOL game!

Great gameplay, simple, but effective graphics!

13. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Is it an endless runner or a Metroid-like?

14. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Neither

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's not an endless runner. It has 5 areas. Each area is procedurally generated each time you play. Each area has its own unique items. If you make it through all 5 areas and hit the surface you win. It's a lot easier said than done. I've made it to area 2 so far. Once you crash, get lasered, or run out of fuel you start from the beginning in a new game. It's very challenging but it's not where you would feel like rage quitting. I always have that "one more time" feeling. There are lots of items to find and collect and the currency luminum is usually in tight spots. You need a lot to upgrade the ship. Ship upgrades are persistent.

I hope this answers your question!

Billy

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Bought. Awesome controls, very smooth and precise once you become accustomed to them. I am usually the first to complain about tilt controls but they're done masterfully here. I also like the fact that the game is not endless, I like a game that is difficult enough to take a gazillion tries to the point that it feels endless, but that you eventually beat with enough practice. Also big kudos to Jan for making it a paid app with no IAP, always happy to see that. Pick this one up folks, it's a winner.

17. MathFan

MathFan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    A developer has finally made a great tilt-controlled game! Nice job.

I love controls, gameplay, challenge, and music. This is a steal at $0.99.

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Alright! Had my eye on this! If MC is happy with the tilt controls, it must be good, 'cause I know how he basically dislikes tilt controls in general! And THEN he says never mind--it's good like that?! What? Do you realize the magnitude of what he said there?! LOL! Downloading it now! :D

19. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Bought thanks to NOEN for tweeting about it..super fun stuff..saving fuel to explore for those hidden thingies that do that stuff is where it's at! Great game!

20. Сипу

Сипу Active Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Lunar Mission by jules van herwijnen
    https://appsto.re/sa/tfVZ5.i . Lunar Mission has no IAPs、no ADs and it is free,and is better than this Cavernaut.