Universal Cavern (by Sami Sierla)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by soulinhki, Dec 19, 2009.

1. soulinhki

soulinhki Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    seiji,

Levels 6-7 can contains secret doors that block access to a part of the dungeon. Try tapping tilewalls around to find and open them.

2. seiji

seiji Active Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Thank you very much! can't stop playing this game hehe
    Now I discover the lvl 10, and there is a bowman who shoot me, but I can't touch him because there's a door locked :-(

3. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Try to search for another secret door near portcullis, there is a lever to open it. ;)

4. seiji

seiji Active Member

Mar 20, 2010
    well, if you can take a look

[​IMG][​IMG]

this is the beginning of the level, and immediatly i'm facing this locked door. there's no other way..

5. Have you tried running into each segment of the walls to find a secret wall?

6. seiji

seiji Active Member

Mar 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

Thank you:)

7. Glad to help. I've had a few levels like that too so I just went around bashing my head against every wall 'til one opened up. :)

8. osiris37

osiris37 Member

Mar 16, 2010
    graphic designer / illustrator
    North Wales, UK
    #168 osiris37, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Wow! just bought this, after an hour or so I am loving it, I can see the influence of the Exile games in the graphics Soulinhki! I spend many happy hours playing those games, preferred them to the updated Avernum series...

Great Job, keep up the excellent work, makes me want to dig out those old spiderweb games and have another blast, inbetween caverns of course! :D

P.S. have you thought of releasing a version as an 'exile-like' (like you originally planned) with a nice storyline etc, that would also be an instant buy for me.

9. #169 Mindfield, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Um ... the snake blood bug is still there. Started a new game, entered the first level of the dungeon. Found a secret entrance, got attacked by some snakes. Killed 'em right in that narrow entrance and now I can't get by their blood pool. :( (Both snakes died in the same spot, if that matters.)

EDIT: Also, I found an enchanted leather cap and tried to get info on it, but all it gives is weight and value; no AC stats.

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Interesting game - enjoying it so far.

Small bug though - I picked up a '(null)' - think that might be a problem? ;-)

Cheers,

Jamie.

11. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Oh well, fixed the Snake blood bug (yet again), it appears only on random snakes in 1.4, not in the snake pit.

I also added missing helm stats to 1.4.1. Should be out tomorrow.

I thought I fixed pickable "null" objects but I have to investigate some more...

By the way, I could use a couple active testers - If you are interested, PM me.

12. Juneau

Juneau Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Werewolf bug; if the werewolf steals a Mild Healing Potion, when you go to pick it up it brings up the shop window for it, as if you were in the shop buying it, and you can actually buy it from the dropped item. This is a pretty big bug when running back through the game with no shops to buy healing potions from, could even exploit it!

13. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Applies to all items bought. Also, if you drop an item and try to pick it up buy dialog opens.
    Fixed now and added to 1.4.1

14. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    osiris37,

Great to hear you have liked Cavern and think that it reminds of Exiles!

Doing an actual rpg with real story and quests is something I've been thinking for a while now - 1.4 update to Cavern modified the game-engine so that it would be possible to do a very large worlds with it.
    Current plan is to introduce features that is needed for an Exile-like game to Cavern with updates and when the engine is capable enough, I might branch off a new game with completely new adventure.

There are lot to do with Cavern still, currently my todo for 1.5 is
    -Rewrite editor to native OS X app so I can dump java codebase.
    -Finish Dpad-controls, redesing in-game gui.
    -Shrines & altars with varying effects when interacted with.
    -Mini-quests
    -Keys & locked doors
    -More varied monsters and items
    -Multiple NPC graphics for each class

Expect it to land in April.

15. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Just resubmitted 1.4.1

Complete changelist:
    -Does not crash when viewing stats for certain special items
    -Added missing stats for helms, edibles and Mystery Object
    -Items bought from shops are no more "in sale" when picked up from ground
    -Healing potion is cheaper.
    -Reliefing Elixir cures poisoning and curse in addition to restoring health.
    -Levels contains a bit more and valuable items
    -Adjusted some tougher monsters to give more xp
    -Fixed bless and curse effect to affect damage dealed, not just damage taken.
    -Snake blood does not block
    -Cant pick portal targets anymore ("null items")

16. Juneau

Juneau Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    #176 Juneau, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    Sounds awsome, shocked at how fast you've taking care of the bugs.

Edit: grr, game still crashes if you come out of the program before it's done loading.

17. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Juneau,

I'll look into exit-and-relaunch bug you mentioned. 1.4.1 Update is still in review queue and I think I'll try to get that approved first since the are so many fatal bugs. Will fix this in 1.4.2 later this week.

18. Juneau

Juneau Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Sounds good, it was my own fault, I knew this would happen and I should of let the loading finished. Perhaps a backup saved copy of the game would be an idea, just incase you ignore the loading and exit the app before the loading has finished.

19. Boco_T

Boco_T Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Great game! I've been addicted to it lately. I actually got my copy from a promo giveaway on 148apps, but I'm mad now that I didn't pay for it because I have gotten so much mileage out of it. CD might recognize me as a die-hard RT fan that posts about it on Twitter a lot.

I just ascended for the first time as a Wizard, and for the first time on 1.4. Same as last night, it's failing when I try to submit my score. Right now the game is loaded on my system so I can come back to it and try to resubmit one more time.

My suggestion is just the ability to submit your score list outside of immediately after you achieve the score.

Also on 1.3 I lost my save once because I launched the game on accident and then immediately quit. Perhaps just a "resume game" button that way I don't accidentally screw myself.

But yeah so now I've gone down and up with an adventurer and a wizard, so finally when 1.4.2 I guess comes out, I'll do it with a Warrior.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Aw, it's still failing. :( I want my 33245 score to be on top of the leader board.

20. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Cavern uses a .lock file to determinate if loading a game was succesfull, but apparently there is something wrong with it's behaviour as games get corrupted. Definetily something I'll investigate asap.

Submit from local highscores is also coming, I know it was requested before but forgot to include it in 1.4. It was mainly left out initially to prevent cheating scores (you could edit highscore files and submit score) but since 1.4, Cavern md5 checksums scores submitted so it's not a concern anymore.

I'll work on these today, and if 1.4.1 is still in queue I think I'll resubmit it with these fixes. Must be those iPad apps slowing down the review process...