Universal Cavern (by Sami Sierla)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by soulinhki, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zanatar

Zanatar Member

Aug 17, 2014
    To Sami: I am really enjoying Cavern. I'm hoping your still reading this forum. I was hoping you could answer a few questions.

1) Is the game still being updated? Are you still working on it? God I really hope you are and that more updates might still be coming. I would love to see new content, new weapons, new character classes especially would be very welcomed.

2) If your not updating anymore, what are you currently working on? I'm hoping Fantasy based Roguelikes are still your focus. I would love to see more from you.

3) I would love some quick tips on Stat distribution for the Archer and Wizard. Strength is so important, for carrying , that I feel strange adding Points to Str for the archer and wizard. I usually go 50/50 Str/con for Warrior, Dex/con for Archer and Int/Con for Wizard. But I feel like for the Archer and Wizard, I have to put some points in Str (or use some gear with Str affix on it). But what do you feel is best?

Also for the Wizard? Do you usually go Wand and Shield? Feels weird for a wizard using a shield though.. Or do you go with a powerful 2h Staff?

Anyway fantastic game. Really hoping to hear from you.

2. Incandenza

Incandenza New Member

May 4, 2017

Not Sami but a few thoughts on the wizard :) My strategy is basically 50/50 intelligence/vitality until I'm getting close-ish to the bottom when I start adding strength. Early on i might throw a couple points in but mostly I am just very fastidious about using the teleporter when encumbered, piling up loot in town to sell later. On the way back up its strength every time for $$$$.

As for wand/shield...My preference is for the highest possible damage so I always chase 2-handers. One particularly high damage staff requires 26 str I believe. Get that thing enchanted and you're off. I never try for any kind of defensive gear. All +cold, fire, int..maybe a chromatic something if it's got a good secondary effect. I do collect a set of +str gear to swap in as I get encumbered while returning to the surface with the object.

Enjoy!

3. Gary88888

Gary88888 New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Male
    What is the difference between protection and reflection? Does reflection offer any protection or does it simply bounce back xx% of any successful magic attack back to the attacker?

4. Valdus

Valdus New Member

May 17, 2021
    Male
    Gazer’s Lair ye gods where is the lever to the double portcullis?

Great game, sequel mayhaps?

5. Gary88888

Gary88888 New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Male
    There is no lair lever. I believe the character movement in the lair opens and closes the gates. Sometimes they end up closed if you manage to kill them all before entering the lair.

6. Valdus

Valdus New Member

May 17, 2021
    Male
    Ok advice on defeating demon lord with an archer?

I got crushed SO CLOSE!

7. Gary88888

Gary88888 New Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Male
    #787 Gary88888, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    1. Wear something "sacred" so that you can not be cursed. A curse cuts your damage done in half.
    2. Use an invulnerability potion.
    3. Use a blessing potion.
    4. Use steroids. Carry around items with vitality, endurance, and existence. Swap these in, eat some food, and swap them out for offensive or defensive items. Your "hit points" remain even when you aren't using the health based items. Revivification items constantly reset your hit points, so don't use those.
    5. The Demon Lord only moves at half speed, so you can run away from it and fire at a distance.