Universal Cavern (by Sami Sierla)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by soulinhki, Dec 19, 2009.

1. soulinhki

soulinhki Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hey, look what's on the front page of TouchArcade :eek:

Great to see TA pick this up.

2. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    Congrats on the coverage. ^_^

3. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Does the update bring Retina support or does the game look blurred on the new iPad?

4. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Yes, game has retina support for both iPad and iPhone (tile graphics are pixel doubled)

5. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I have only just heard of this game thanks to touch arcade posting about it on the front page.

I watched the film and I am goin to buy it this second! Looks great and its awesome to see this game getting such great support from its dev. I'm happy to throw my cash down to support great indie devs:)

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congratulations on the front page article!

7. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    It has probably been mentioned before, can there be an option to move the attack button to the r/h/s please?
    Oh yes, enjoying it very much!

8. Smelt

Smelt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    bug..

Ok i enjoyed this so far. Great game!
    But i just encountered a game breaking bug.. I was at floor 3 or floor 4, doing well.. And surrounded by enemies i was both frozen and webbed. So i teleported back to town, and mashed the attack button a couple of times to wait it off. And then all of a sudden i was below the map and moving around and ended up in the water. Now i can move around in the water, go anywhere in the water, but i can't get back on the beach because that area is blocked by an invisible wall.. :confused:

Hopefully this will be fixed, so far it's the only flaw to this great little game :)

9. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Great to hear you like the game!

Will look into bug you encountered - thank you for detailed description it eases debugging a lot.

10. colinkloecker

colinkloecker Member

May 8, 2012
    This one hooked me in unlike any other rogue-like I've tried. I'm thinking that might have been because it felt do-able. Got it yesterday and played 5 games, getting further and further each time, until finally nabbing the Mystery Object and fighting my way back to the top. About half way through it actually started to feel a bit too easy. Are there plans to add harder levels of difficulty? In any case, I loved it!

BTW, I was surprised to see this final run landed me at the top of the Hall of Fame! (Lady Gazerly, Lv. 22)

11. ThisIsAUsername

ThisIsAUsername Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Some suggestions:

Make poison stackable, if it isn't already (or make a harder mode where it is).

Some way to see how many turns of poison are left.

Some way to see how much health (as a number) is left. Maybe I'm missing it?

A way to see if you are infested with parasites (maybe I'm missing this as well).

Great game so far!

12. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I would like to see how many turns are left with poison too. As for the parasites, they can be found in your inventory if they are on you.

13. ThisIsAUsername

ThisIsAUsername Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    One of the signs that are scattered around says "Three things are ever silent..." Or something of that nature. It should read "silent:" or "silent - "

14. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm ready to play the updated version of his game on my iPhone 4 w/ iOS 4.3

15. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Thank You all for great Cavern feedback & support! I'm working hard to make Cavern more challenging, diverse and fun game to play!

As mentioned, parasites show up in inventory (but you can't obviously drop them)

You can check the HP (current / max) from status dialog (one with character portrait) though it's rounded to nearest integer.

Will think about stackable poison - poison effects actually were stacked in some 1.x versions.

16. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Please don't stack poison lol! It already hammers me every time lol!

17. Scrble

Scrble Member

Jan 20, 2011
    HS Math Teacher
    BC Canada
    I agree with Wigzisonfire :) I don't even mind not knowing how many steps are left to eliminate poison.

Sir Gareth

18. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    i really cant get over how great this game is. I bought this and kingturn. I cant stop playing this game. haven't dug into kingturn yet because of it.

19. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'm probably missing something quite obvious, but where is the "depth" I'm at listed? Now that I have the surface link I don't even know how far down I am in this crazy cavern. Also, am I correct that there are 16 depths total? Thanks!

20. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Is it possible to save a game? If so how many Save slots are there?