Universal Cavern (by Sami Sierla)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by soulinhki, Dec 19, 2009.

1. soulinhki

soulinhki Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Just submitted 2.0.3 for approval which should fix all remaining crash issues. Again, thanks for your patience with the buggy first versions...

Next planned version (2.1) will be bigger update with more content and gameplay enhancements.

2. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    2.0.3 is out - Apple was kind enough to grant me an expedited review process :)

3. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    To celebrate first stable version of Cavern 2.0 it's now on $1.99 sale (for the rest of week)

Grab your copy now if you're hungry for some roguelike action :cool:

4. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Stable indeed. Played it a bit last night and not a single crash on startup nor when descending stairs or using surface link. Nice job!

5. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
  6. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    So stable now - hooray! Great job on the fix!

7. paradsecar

Jun 27, 2012
    You should post this on the TA sub-forum for Price Drops. That way us fans can throw in a few good words. :)

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  9. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    Thank You guys! Hopefully Cavern will get a bit larger audience now.
    Will try to spam review sites too (There has been zero reviews for Cavern this far :rolleyes:)

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    What?? This game really deserves more (correction, WAY more) attention then it has been getting! I really like this game. Awesome RPG!

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Maybe I'll grab this if nothing catches my eye this week.

If undeadcow likes it, I know it's good.

12. paradsecar

Jun 27, 2012
    Just for fun, does anyone have a screenshot of what Cavern used to look like? I'm a latecomer to the game and I've only seen 2.0. Did version 1.0 look like Brogue or something? :p

13. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    There's a youtube clip of version 1.3 on first post of this thread. 1.0 had a bit different gui, otherwise pretty much the same.

14. Ravenblack

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Is there any way to get rid of parasites once they latch on to a character?

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #475 undeadcow, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    Drink a purple antidote to get rid of parasites. If you read the antidote description it says it "gets rid of pests" and I can confirm antidote works on parasites.

I think someone mentioned the blue liquid works too but I've never tried it.

Also, if you can block parasites with a ghost then they latch onto the ghost without health drain until the ghost dies (then they come for you).

16. Ravenblack

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Thanks Undeadcow.

Antidote.. of course. I didn't have that on me either on my last run and was eaten alive by them while trying to flee the dungeons with the mystery object in hand. :/

17. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    This has to be the best roguelike on iOS - now that those crash bugs have really been fixed!
    The dev really came through for us with real support.
    @dev: linebreak tags not working in some in-game messages, am seeing "<br>" occasionally.
    Minor bug, definitely not a show stopper - am loving this game!

18. soulinhki

Dec 19, 2009
    #478 soulinhki, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    Roleki: yes, noticed the <br> tag bug too - it's fixed in next version (it's only cosmetic issue). 2.0.3 internally changed the formatting of in-game messages and couple strings with old format went unnoticed.

Some development news :
    Next version will introduce wells (or pools) and altars - these can give you varying effects (both positive or negative) or summon friendly / hostile creatures.
    Internally, I've also changed the engine so that it allows more than one exit per level (so there can be side dungeons etc) - feature will be sparingly used at first though.
    On next version, there will be also a tutorial level and more visual guided tour of game gui to help newcomers.

19. evanac

evanac Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Senior Producer
    Hey,

Great to hear you'll be adding more and more features to the game - it's pretty rad already. :)

I'm continuing to play but yet to finish again. Need to get back into the Top 10!! ;)

It's awesome to see such a great community - something the game thoroughly deserves. This one is never leaving my phone!

If ever you need any more text help just give me a shout. :)

20. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to random status effect wells/polls and especially side dungeons. Multiple entry/exit ways would make the underground feel a lot more cavernous. Bring it on!