Cave World Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sladeums, Aug 11, 2012.

1. For me it is an easy DDPR, especially if it is the hd version. It plays great on my ipad, and I like the space theme better. But the file size on the hd version is big, so if that is a big factor esp 2 isn't a bad backup plan.

2. Probably for the price, bug princess 2 is the best, while it is not hd, it has a smaller file size, and is fun, and the bullet patterns are the most diverse. Good way to start playing shmups. Plus it is universal and plays well on my new ipad and iphone 4.

Cave shmups are mostly similar, mostly themes are the main difference. The side scrollers like death smiles are totally different. They have very small stories, the bosses are related to you via story, but the storyline is quite small. Only after you solve the game, it has a nice story, but it is not like an rpg or anything.

But one thing that is nice about cave games, is after you finish them, you unlock harder difficulty modes, which are a lot fun, so there is replayability which is cool.

3. Me too! This is the 3rd sales with no hd version, may fold in and get deathsmiles now, but it hurts to play 2x games on my ipad. Sigh...

4. Jacey_King

Jacey_King Active Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi guys, would like to ask some questions :D

1) will there be a HD version for Death Smiles, blissful death and Bug princess 2 in the future? If there is, i might skip the SDs and wait up.

2) If there wont be a HD for bug princess, is it worth getting the normal version or the Black Label?

Thnks guys!

5. From what I know from past posts, there are console versions of bug princess 2 with hd graphics. So it would be relatively easy to port over to ios. However, whether it will happen or not, is anyone's guess. When I heard a new bp2 was coming out, I was excited because I thought it would be an hd version, but it ended up being the black label version which was not hd.

I have not heard of any console hd versions of death smiles, or blissful death, so I kinda figure it is doubtful. I too have been holding out for deathsmiles hd, but I may cave in this time (no pun intended) to buy it.

Bug princess 2 is pretty cheap, and it is on par with the other games, and is universal, so it is a great deal. It plays really good on my new ipad, sure there are pixels, but the graphics are still very good, and this game kind of has larger enemies, so the lack of retina graphics isn't so bad.

Black label, I don't think is on sale. While it is a lot better than the regular version if you like hard levels, I would have to recommend buying the regular version, there are multiple hard versions, so it is still pretty hard. I love the maniac mode with hell difficulty in the game, and it is pretty challenging for me. Some advanced players like the god mode in black label, but for some regular players, they may get frustrated with the higher difficulty level.

Graphics and sounds are essentially the same, if black label was on sale, I might recommend that, but since only the regular version is on sale, I would have to recommend it. But if any other players want to chime in, go ahead.

6. Jacey_King

Jacey_King Active Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks for the info! Now i can plan which to buy :D