Universal Causality (by Loju)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by slewis7, Feb 13, 2017.

1. I don't think the game ever explains it -- you tap the the arrow to change the direction. It could still very well be a bug, but it doesn't sound like it. The game is turn based. Do short swipes to move one segment at a time and tap the arrow to change its direction before the guy leaves it.

Edit: Just took another look. It does tell you, but on my iPhone the glowing white spot is off to the left. On my iPad it's on the correct spot. So maybe yours is a bug?

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #22 ROGER-NL, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    First world was great, after that I was lost and didn't get it, sorry.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Figured it out. You HAVE to die, then you rewind, and then you can tap the tile to change the orientation. Sheesh.

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Causality

[​IMG]

Has been nominated for the TouchArcade Forums'
    Game of the Week

VOTE HERE!

5. maynoam

maynoam Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    It's not explained well but a big game changer once you figure out how it works: There is a flashing diamond on the timeline. This is the point in time to which you time travel when entering the portal. So depending when you entered the portal you can travel forward in time or back in time and your character will exit the other side of the portal at the time where the flashing diamond is, regardless of when you enter the portal.

So if your character is on path to enter the portal after the time travel point, then once time reaches the diamond you will have 2 characters on screen until the 1st one enters the portal.

If you enter the portal before the diamond point your character disappears until time reaches the time travel point, since now he's traveling forward in time instead of back.

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Finally have an opportunity to play this game...

Absolutely brilliant game. Very clever time-rewind based mechanic. Though the rewind mechanic itself is not new, the way the game leverages this mechanic to have the doppelganger interact with the puzzle is very novel.

Unlike the claim by a previous poster, you DO NOT have to die to somehow trigger a state to allow you to solve the level. The deaths merely guide you on what paths not to take. It is true that the warnings in the timeline do not tell you exactly what hazards are upcoming, but often you can deduce these hazards since the tiles where the hazards occur are broken and you can forward-count your steps to figure out if you will encounter them in your current route.

7. Really surprised you waited so long on this one. It's got some challenges up there with Snakebird and Cosmic Express. I'm still stuck on level 10 of the last area after all this time!

8. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    AppUnwrapper,

I don't use Game Center, but I looked at the list of achievements on Steam for the PC version.

There is an achievement to complete Level 310 in 16 segments. I don't get why this is an achievement, as the length of the full timeline for this level is already 16 segments so that accomplishing this is not necessary by using an alternative underpar solution.

Also, there is an achievement to complete level 405 using 5 actions. My original solution uses only 5 actions. Do you know what the original intended solution is? I can add in all sorts of extra actions, but I can't be sure if these extra actions were part of the original intended solution.

Any advice?

9. Not sure why 310 has that achievement, but it has it on the iOS version as well. Maybe a mistake?

As for 405, I can't remember what the original solution I got was. I did make a video for it in 5 actions, but it's been a while since I played it.

It's possible the solution isn't different, just that it's rewarding you for streamlining it and not wasting any actions.

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Hi, AppUnwrapper,

I can confirm that level 410 is solvable. Extremely difficult solution as it requires
    a long backtracking to alter the path of doppelganger to avoid the paradox
    . There is also an animation bug similar to level 215 so that the level ends prematurely before the entire timeline is spent.

11. I spent the better part of today trying to solve it and I always end up back at the same place. Do I have to be a Time Lord to solve it?

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #32 y2kmp3, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    I have now completed the entire game, including all bonus levels with all achievements (I don't use Game Center so I used the Steam achievement list as target). Therefore, if anyone is wondering, there are no bugged levels in the game so that all levels are solvable.

Interestingly, level 414 and level 415 can be solved
    underpar (414 in only 20 of 22 segments, and 415 in 21 of 25 segments (a less efficient variant in 24 of 25 segments))

Agree with AppUnwrapper that level 410 is by far the most difficult level in the entire game (by a very wide margin).

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #33 ste86uk, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Looks like a really good game and the review here is pretty great too. I was just wondering for anyone that has it, the review and the description mention it has 60 levels and then one of the update notes says fixing level 201? I’m wondering if there are more of if that’s just a typo and they meant to put level 20?

@metalcasket just tagging you to ask about the amount of levels since I see you got and liked this one.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I have a list of games I want but as I buy so many I try to spread some purchases out if I can be patient enough...which usually I can’t.

I contacted the dev and they said there wouldn’t be a sale until Christmas so I purchased the game and I do like it, although I feel like it’s not as polished and pretty as Ordia by the same devs. But I’m half way through chapter 2 and so far it’s good and I’m happy with my purchase but I guess having Ordia first got me hyped to grab this game and it’s a bit of a deflation to how excited I was. But still as a puzzler so far it seems good.