Universal CATTCH (By MildMania)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    If you read my earlier post I do it in two times, life is hard enough ha ha.

2. MildMania

MildMania Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    AppleTV version will be released about a month from now!

3. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    You know developers cheat all the time :p But it should be possible yes, but it's really hard on some levels. You can however replay it and collect remaining all the time :)

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #24 y2kmp3, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Thanks, MildMania. It is great to know that even the developer is brave to concede that this practice is legit. I don't have a controller. I presume those who are using a gamepad may have an "unfair" advantage. :)

Good point, Roger-NL. I missed your post when I wrote the original message. It was only by chance I discovered that you can score the goals / achievements in piecemeal.

5. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    yesssssssssssss.

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #26 y2kmp3, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    The midair jumps off multiple spring platforms are poorly modeled. Often, you cannot jump enough distance to the right or to the left. There seems to be no good way to control it. An example of this is 1-12 when you need to make two jumps off the spring platforms to jump over a death hazard to the left. Annoying to the extreme. :mad:

This is also true for high double jump off spring platform. There is no consistent control on when to tap to get a high bounce and then jump to the left or right to clear a hazard.

Please FIX THIS!!!!!

7. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Yes I know you're not racist and I never thought that I just thought it was funny. Some other people may care but I don't lol I was just commenting cuz I thought it was funny. I was not looking to stir up controversy.

8. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    iCloud?

9. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost

This is a great little platformer with some nice twists. The controls are tight, and the animations are wonderful. Levels are challenging and really fun. A worth premium game for me.

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Too bad your game has no Achievements, normally I won't play a game without Achievements, but this game is so much fun and good that I want to finish it anyway, but next time Achievements please ha ha.

Don't want to push it, but this goes for all developers.

11. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    Thanks ROGER, noted!

We have achievements planned already but was only able to add score for release. I hope we get achievements implemented in place on next update :)

Thanks,
    Burkay

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh, great, do I have to play the game again or do you add a sync button for the Achievements.

13. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    We will sync it don't worry :) But you can always play the game again!

14. t3chnoboy

t3chnoboy Active Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Does it have cross-save?

15. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    Doesn't have iCloud yet either :(

16. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Let me get it out there: CATTCH is not a game breaker. There aren't any super new mechanics and the most creative one (level turning) isn't used very often.
    BUT it oozes charm and tight level design. It never feels repetitive, level layouts are interesting and the difficulty curve is great. The last level is absolutely killer!
    Controls are spot on, and the graphics are nice and vibrant. There's the occasional display glitch with enemies in later levels but it's not a big issue.
    Multiple level goals are nice but I managed to do all three in my first go for most levels (don't take my experience to be reflective of most, I've had a fair bit of practice with platformers!), I can see them adding good replay value for people.
    It's a nice one, nothing groundbreaking, but well made and executed brilliantly!

17. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Agree that the level design is excellent, with lots of variety.

Incidentally, TheGreatEscaper, are you using a gamepad playing this game? Like all platformer games on mobile devices, I had a hard time growing accustomed to virtual controls.

18. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The aesthetic of this game is fantastic

19. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    Thanks for the great comments! We are happy that you liked game and enjoyed playing it!..
    This week is especially hard to compete when there is many games like Crossy Roads, Chameleon Run, pktball is out but I hope Cattch doesn't go unnoticed :)

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

MildMania`s Cattch will fool you during it`s first World where you will constandly believe that the current among of Worlds (Three Worlds at the current moment & One following at a later point) are not enough and that you will have probably finished the hole Game in less then an hour and be gone and leaving a bad Review on the AppStore of how much an easy and short Game Cattch might be.

And then you will load up the first Level of the second World and things will never be the same again...

[​IMG]

Staying Home while watching your most favorite cartoon sounds like a great plan for the weekend if not only someone else would decide to ruin it for you by screwing up everything you might enjoy.

[​IMG]

Cattch first World is pretty easy you will most of time rush through each of the first couple of levels if you are used to play Jump'n'Run Games on your Movbile Device. Besides collecting Gold Star and every of your captured most beloved Cartoon Heroes there is also a timer in each level that you can expand by collecting Blue Orbs that are either lying just around in the Level or are sometimes hidden well where it will take you a bit of thinking out of the Box to get those too.

[​IMG]

If you manage to collect all Gold Stars and all Cartoon Heroes and finish the Level in time you will get rewarded with Stickers that you can download on your iDevice.

Getting there shouldn`t be too hard since the Game has an feature that let you Zoom Out/Zoom in to get an better overview of your current Level so you can either use it or not which is up to you but I didn`t used it during my two hour Gameplay Run to many times to don`t make the Game too easy for me.

[​IMG]

As already explained the first couple of levels in first World are very easy to get past through and as soon as you finish those you will get access to more challenging Levels that are finally a real challenge and much more enjoyable.

They aren`t only much bigger but also most of the time there are a couple of tricky parts in those that will make you wonder how the same Game can be that much easy and that hard at the same time while never be unfair since in the end you always will manage somehow to get past those levels too if you stick to it and don`t just give up.

[​IMG]

At the current moment three Worlds are accessible which kinda left me in the dark if there are enough Worlds and Levels in the current Build of the Game to keep you busy for more then three hours with at all.

Considering that I had after around two hour already collected in the first two Worlds all golden Stars, Comic Heroes and managed always to be on time during my second or third run of each level my guess would be that each World can be managed in around one hour which kinda would be short at the current moment.

[​IMG]

Conclusion:

[​IMG]

MildMania`s Cattch is a great plattformer that only downside is the current among of Levels (Worlds).

Each World has a lovely and unique Level Design and overall Cattch while being still short felt very enjoyable and I donĀ“t regret buying it.

Considering that there might be more worlds follwing at a later point in the future I`m going to risk it and rate the Game under the premise that there will at least two new Worlds be added over the next upcoming months and if those are on the same Level of Gameplay as World 2 & 3 my Rating would be as following:

Rating: 5/5 Gold Stars - MildMania/Infected Pixels Studio did deliver a great Plattformer on Mobile. It`s Level Design is one of the most refreshing I have played this year and if you enjoy playing Jump'n'Run Games that are a bit more challenging then you should definitly give Cattch a try.