Universal Catomic: Space Cats and Atomic Owls (by On5)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anthony Charadium, Mar 15, 2017.

1. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Thank you for the endless gameplay code!

The Triple Town genre is having a revival.
    Where Cryptocracy, which I got to beta test a couple of weeks ago, went for innovative changes to the gameplay and a darker concept, Catomic stays faithful to almost all Triple Town concepts but poured lots of love and polish in the atmosphere and visuals both in the gameplay and details like the encyclopedia of encountered items.

I feared the entire cats and owls would render this childish, but the continuous level based approach blends really well with the story of cats aiming for flight and space.

2. Anthony Charadium

Anthony Charadium Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Thanks for your feedback!!

We had music in the games, but it was too much.. So we left it only in the main menu..
    When you run out of kitties emojis you might want to use rocket ones!! ### #

3. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Thanks a lot for your warm feedback!

4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    You could have an option to turn it off, like I've seen some games have.

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Can you make the icon the picture of the cat in the space helmet on the first postcard in the front photo?
    It's a lovely drawing #

6. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    I promise we'll consider this option. However, our approach is "less options is better".

7. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Believe it or not, we had a space cat as an icon when we've started soft-launching in Canada a year ago.
    Then it was decided to switch to Snowball on the icon.. Maybe it has less style, but it's more cute definitely.

8. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    I actually almost didn't get this 'cause of the icon. :D

What a mistake that would have been. WHAT A GREAT GAME! It's the Triple Town-like I've always wanted without knowing it. I love TT's gameplay, but it got tedious and sloggy after a while. This has such a sense of progression in every game that SOME goal is always right over the horizon, which really gives it that one-more-turn vibe.

The swapping UFO is a stroke of genius; letting us move objects around (once in a long time) really alleviates a lot of the frustration of the late game.

The art is wonderful; cute without being cartoonish or detracting from the feel of the game. The fact that it changes and progresses adds a very great deal to the feel of each round.

As a side note, what ticked me off about TT was how preachy it was about colonialism and empire, and that you were essentially playing the bad guys. Thanks for letting this be fun without a lecture.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I've really been enjoying this game for a few days...

Graphics are top notch and super cute! Aesthetics are good all around. The theme/goals/achievements are fun.

Triple Town with cats, and the progression feels a little like Super Gridland to me...

The one thing that threw me, and I'd recommend one more bit in the 'tutorial' is that items drop one square above your finger, not where your finger is. (Some games do this, many don't.) At first I kept mis-placing pieces. Thankfully the game highlights where the piece is actually going to drop.

I'd highly recommend this one to anyone who likes Triple Town, puzzle games and/or cats! ;)

10. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Totally agree with all the positives here. This game just sucked my free time, well got a lot since suregery lol. Glad I can play one handed. To add, it's cute, but don't let that deter you, it's very addicting and so much more as far as personality wise for a game. Talk about a chuckle or two lol.

If you like Triple Toen or Puzzle Forge, you'll love this

11. laikanet

laikanet New Member

Mar 17, 2017
    This game quickly became one of my favourites! It can be addictive but I can also put it down without worrying about finishing a move.. I love these kind of games and there are lot of tiny details in Catomic that appeal to me, graphics for one! I think the shop system is pretty cool too.
    I now have it on my iPad and phone as well :)

12. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Can anyone confirm purchases on one device are also unlocked on a second?

13. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Yes, it'll work with "Full Game", "2nd nest" and "UFO"!

14. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Dear Korossyl, Drelbs, Sugimulm, Laikanet, thanks a lot for the warm feedback!!

It's very pleasant to work on something for such a long time and finally hear feedback, especially such a good one!!!

15. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    This is great. The similarities to Triple Town are obvious, but this is very polished, charming, and even improves on the addictive Triple Town formula in a couple ways. Great theme and very well made. Absolutely worth the full unlock. I'm very impressed.

16. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Cameron, thanks a lot for your kind words!

In few weeks (like after Easter) we'll adding something really cool. It's aimed to keep you entertained for even longer ;)

17. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Friends,

We've changed the field design from the snow to the grass. What do you think? Still looks good? Not too bright?

18. bobaferret

bobaferret Member

May 12, 2012
    Washington
    Got my postcard the other day, along with a nice letter(and a code)! :) Thank you for making such a wonderful game, and for taking the time to send the postcards!

19. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'm still waiting for my post card. Loving the game, hard to put it down!
    I wish ther was iCloud save (I'm using on my iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2)

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    One of the best games of march .