Universal Cataclysm Roguelike RPG (By Yury Apollov)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mastery51, Jan 14, 2021.

1. apollov

apollov Member

Jan 30, 2021
    Male
    Howdy. The fix is in production now. Update and you'll have TAB button back and ready to be used :)

2. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Yes got it thank

3. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi, I don’t seem to have any sound for this app and can’t see anything in the options. Is there no sound or am I just being an idiot? Thanks

4. apollov

apollov Member

Jan 30, 2021
    Male
    Hey. There are no sounds out of the box, but they can easily be added. I recommend https://github.com/damalsk/damalsksoundpack/releases

5. Hard_Squirrel

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Hard_Squirrel

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi again. I moved one of the sound files to the files section of the game when connecting iPhone to Mac. Doesn’t see to have enabled sound though. Is there other steps I should be taking? Thanks

7. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #27 mastery51, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Have you gone into settings in the main menu > Options. #39 turn sounds enabled to “true”?
    Make sure #40 in settings, sound pack, is also to the correct sound pack.
    Each time you change these settings restart the app so the changes take effect.

oh and for this sound pack make sure you downloaded the “source code zip” Not the “rar” one.
    Unzip the source code file so the folder is in the sounds folder. Then when done you can just delete the zip file since you have the unzipped one.
    you can do this all on your phone you don’t have to connect to your mac.

Hope this helps. :)

JasonLL likes this.
  8. Hard_Squirrel

Sep 3, 2012
    Amazing! This has worked now. Thank you

mastery51 likes this.
  9. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #29 JasonLL, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    I am quite new to CDDA but I’ve noticed a few additional versions for sale on the AppStore. Went to the Cataclysm subreddit to find more information and wanted to share the info on the TouchArcade forum.

Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead: First version on the AppStore by Dancing Bottle games. Been years since an update. No longer supported.

Cataclysm 0.E: First version of the resurrection (reboot) of Cataclysm DDA on the AppStore after five years. Much more up to date than the original Dancing Bottle version.

Cataclysm 0.F: The latest version on the main branch of Cataclysm. This version is actively updated.

Cataclysm Bright Nights: From what I understand, correct me if I’m wrong, this version is considered to be “more gamey” that forks off from the main game. From what I’ve read some of the harsher survival elements have been toned down or removed. Also actively updated.

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks for that breakdown. It is a little baffling for those not so in the loop about the development of this game and it’s “forks”.

I keep giving this one another go but burn out real quick due to its obtuse approach to gaming. I realise this is one of the more old school and original roguelikes the way they were intended and the way the fan base loves, but gee, I wish I could stick with it because I know there’s an awesome game there. Maybe it’s the mobile controls? Or maybe it’s the specifics required for crafting and progress. It seems to be one of those “wikipaedia page open” games.
    I might have to dive in again soon.

11. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #31 JasonLL, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    The game is definitely overwhelming. I’m in the same situation as you as I remember having the original Dancing Bottle iOS version installed years ago yet never got to far into it due to my lack of patience and willingness to deep dive into the game. Although I’ve always had reverence for this style of game and, like you said, there’s an awesome game once you get past the initial hardships of trying to take it all in.

I’ve been recently watching a bit of Ic0n Gaming’s Cataclysm tutorial on YouTube who, by judging from a few of his vids, seems to specialize in this type of game. Hopefully this helps out anyone who is just starting out.

Here is another guide/tutorial. This set of videos is from Vormithrax; 2017.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKn4Z-msM-9IAbjb2PxNiSKHYSbM-Gl4h

Ijipop likes this.
  12. Old Leech

Old Leech New Member

Jan 11, 2023
    Male
    Hi! I’m not sure this is the right place but I’ll ask anyway. When I add a sound pack to CDDA 0.f, have tried a few, the font screen gets maximised and it’s to big to play and it can’t be changed again. Is there a way to solve this? I play on iPad mini 2021. Thank you in advance!

13. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #33 mastery51, Jan 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    I tested it out. I just went into settings>options>graphics go to the terminal width and height. Adjust the terminal until it fits the space you want.
    I am using an iPad Pro M1 and I set to 180 width 50 height.

Must be some kind of bug.

14. Old Leech

Old Leech New Member

Jan 11, 2023
    Male
    Oh! It was that easy!? Well it solved my problem! Thanks a lot for the help and fast reply!