Cat Quest - Isometric open world RPG(Looking for feedback :3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by The Gentlebros, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Not everyone, I much prefer dogs.

Anyone for Dog Quest?

Perhaps an expansion to Cat Quest.......Dogs Revenge? #

2. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    I'm being honest, if Cat Quest does well, Dog Quest will be very real. We have a trilogy all planned out. :p

We love cats too!

3. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    If Turtle Quest is on the horizon then you have a customer for life :)

4. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Darn it! We didn't have plans for that....

5. Fast bullet

Fast bullet Member

Jul 31, 2016
    professional sportsman
    In VR
    Dogs Revenge sounds good!:)

6. yumtoko

yumtoko Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Could probably just have a premium dog costume available for purchase or something. #

7. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    This. :D

8. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    I like how this looks but hope the combat is actual combat opposed to something automated as I can't tell from the gif if those sword swings are player controlled. I also would prefer a joystick style movement option opposed to drawing a line on the screen.

Something to consider : options when leveling up like choosing between two skills or point distribution like you'll find in most isometric crpgs.

Looks like it has some real potential, I just hope it's a true deep rpg opposed to something too streamlined.
    Looking forward to the beta.

9. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks!
    Alright we will come and just say the combat is half automated, and half controlled. It's actually an interesting blend of the two that we came up, and works very well for mobile. We don't want people having any misconceptions about the game.
    Walking around is completely in your control, and you will not need to draw a line to walk around. When you are close to an enemy, your cat will automatically attack any enemy that is close by. The extent of this range is determined by your weapon, some will have longer reach than others(but probably lower damage).
    Attacking an enemy charges up your Arcane Skills, which are the main meat of the combat. Once charged, players must tap on the skill to use it. Each skill attacks very differently, has their own pattern, visual identity as well as their own unique properties. 80% of combat will be using skills and positioning your cat in the best possible position to use them and damage as many enemies as possible. If you just run in and auto attack, you will not survive. Using the right skills at the right time is the key to combat in this game.

When your cat levels up, their stats will rise automatically(like in JRPGs). However, you can specifically spend gold to upgrade your skills individually as well. This is our way of letting players customize their character. Want to be a glass cannon? Upgrade all your offensive skills, and leave the defensive ones alone. Want to be a tank? Upgrade your shields so you can withstand more attacks etc.
    This is on top of an armor system where you can collect and upgrade armor to further customize your cat. Each armor piece will boost your cat in a certain way.

Thanks for being interested! We are trying to make an RPG that is easy to get into, but has a lot of meat if you dig into it.

10. CandyWish

CandyWish New Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Beta for Cat Quest

I've been following the information on this upcoming game. I would like to be part of the Beta testing when it's available. I can't wait to play, it looks like it's going to end a blast.

11. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks for the interest!
    We are not ready for a beta yet, but maybe sometime in the coming few months!

12. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Hi everyone! We were gone for a while because we were overseas on a business trip!
    We're back and have more stuff to show! Here is a look at a near final build of the combat!
    We added:
    - Knockback when players hit enemies.
    - An 'on hit' animation when players get hit.
    - Improved controls during combat that stops movement when players clash into enemies.
    - Added 'i-frames' to both player and enemies to make it balanced.
    - Added all the enemy types.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Cool. I am eager to play this game

14. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    I can see that its very similar to crashlands

15. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks for the interest! :3

Yep! In terms of camera view, we're pretty similar. But Cat Quest is an RPG while crashlands is a survival game, so we're much more story focused. :D

16. youtube_JasonWivart

youtube_JasonWivart Active Member

May 1, 2016
    Looks really promising, I love the endless leveling aspect! Let me know when you go into beta/testing and if you want some game play vids I can post them to you guys and or on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA.

What kind of business model are you gonna aim for? Do you know at this stage?

17. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Looks great! Is it auto attack?

18. yumtoko

yumtoko Member

Nov 17, 2015
    #78 yumtoko, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Looks beautiful, I noticed the damage spiking. Were those crits or just for display? If they were crits I'd recommend crit dmg being a different color, prob red or something.

Edit: Nvm, realized it was a magic attack, lol.

19. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    We have designed it to be both f2p and premium. As a player you can switch to a premium model any time, or you can continue playing in f2p(but would have to deal with ads, IAP and daily limits etc). :)

Only the basic attack is auto. All other skills and movements must be controlled by the player. Skills recharge very fast, so you'll be spending most of the time using them.

Thanks! And yea, we are planning to change the color of the magic damage to purple too, so it won't be confused with damage from a physical one! :D

20. DPugh

DPugh New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Artist
    Wellington, NZ
    Gorgeous

Hat's off to you, the Art Style is very very nice.

I'll keep my eye on this one.