Cat Quest - Isometric open world RPG(Looking for feedback :3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by The Gentlebros, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just played the Steam demo. While short it has just reinforced my need to buy the game. It looks like great fun.

A couple of people in the discussions mentioned the lack of ability to adjust the sound level and you said you will implement audio sliders. I hope you will do the same for the iOS versions. I really appreciate if a dev gives us seperate music and sound effects sliders #

I saw also that someone mentioned they finished the game in 3 hours just following the main quest and that it would probably take 6 hours to complete doing all the side quests.
    I am happy to hear that a person who likes to do everything a game has to offer will probably take 10 hours because thats how I like to play games.
    Following on from this though I was wondering if the game allows for any reply value or if once you have completed the game you would have seen it all?

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Although the “10th” should this be one of those releases that hits during the day on Wednesday (the 9th)?

3. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Yea, we think that if you don't rush the game, take the time to explore the world, find its secrets, and explore the dungeons and caves, you could do 10 hours easily. But this is from our experience, of course!
    If you just play through the main quest, you will most definitely not have seen it all. We have hidden optional bosses and secret dungeons littered through the world that you would have to explore to find.

It's coming out on the 10th GMT+8....so yes, it might be the 9th depending on where you live.

4. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Hows the replay value?

5. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    .....and the question regarding if seperate audio sliders are planned for the iOS version as well please?

6. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    The game is designed for one long play through, rather than multiple playthroughs. We are planning to support the game with updates and DLC after launch, so they'll be reasons to come back to it.

Actually, the iOS version already has an audio setting, but its not a slider at the moment. We'll update it at the same time as the PC version with a more robust option, but things take longer to go through on iOS, so expect it to come in a bit later. Sorry for this! ;)

7. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    planned new contents are free?
    I wouldn't mind paying for content as long as the price vs amount/quality of content is reasonable.

also what's the file size for IOS?

8. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    120 mb

9. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    From playing the Steam demo I really appreciate that you will be adding a slider rather than just an on/off option for iOS.
    The music is so good that I want it to be playing in game but just not overpowering all the other sounds.

10. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    would it be later tomorrow?
    or early?(as toucharcade says "new games coming up to our forum")?
    i hope it'll be midnight in our time zone(GMT+9)

11. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    hype is real.

12. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #372 stubbieoz, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    I have a love/hate relationship with time zones and I always seem to get it balls up;

From the above post by the dev I am guessing for the people where I live in the Eastern states of Australia (GMT +10) that at 10am tomorrow morning (which is August the 10th in Australia) the game will be available, but that is if the developer meant they were releasing the game on August the 10th at midnight +8 GMT.
    Actually it is currently 9:20am 9th August GMT as I type this.
    So that means 10th August GMT midnight is 14hours 40minutes away, so that means that, that would be 9:20am tomorrow here but then we have to wait another 8 hours until 5pm or 5:20pm or ??
    That all depends upon if the dev meant to say that it will be released on the 10th GMT (midnight?) and then 8 hours later. And not to mention what if my watch is 10 minutes slow?! Will that be 10minutes that I really have to wait longer or will that be consumed by the GMT factor?

But what is even more confusing me is that the dev said that some people could get it on the 9th. It's like some sort of back to the future thing is happening.

It really is purrplexing.

As you can see I have absolutely no idea. #

13. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Well he said +8gmt August 10th, same timezone as I am. At that same time, those in the western parts of the world its still Aug 9th around noon i think.

Anyway excited for this, will buy this as i wait for TI7's next match:D

14. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Good lord...my brain hurts. :p Basically, dude...6 hours 20 minutes from the time of this (my) post.

15. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I love you #

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Noon EST then. Awesome!

17. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I want this game to just come out already

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Guess my calculation (based on metalwastebasket) was wrong on noon EST. I have no idea then when it will hit.

19. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    #379 metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017