Cat Quest II - Open World RPG! (Looking for feedback :3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by The Gentlebros, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Awesome! Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions for the sequel!
    We are adding MFI support on day 1, and making the map able to scroll among other things. :)

Here's some updates to how the game is shaping up!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are all still work in progress, and there's many other areas besides these(that we don't want to spoil yet!)
    Hope you all like how its turning out! :D

2. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    This looks dope..awesome job..can’t wait!

3. stainboy

stainboy Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Wage Monkey
    local co-op and MFi support? then i hope we'll see an AppleTV compatible version too. my wife and i would absolutely love to play local co-op on this game.

4. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Yeap! But for local co-op, you'd need two MFi gamepads. There's just no way for two people to play on the same touch screen unfortunately(we won't be able to tell whose input belongs to whom...)

5. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    plzzz release this game on tvOS as well , this game would be perfect if you also release it on Mac App Store other than just steam
    I had fun with cat quest on my iMac pro but it would be better if I can play on my tv with my iCloud sync across my iPad and Apple TV !!
    such a shame this game didn't make it to the tvOS!!!

6. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Although we cannot promise anything yet, tvOS is something we're actively considering right now! :)

ac166 likes this.
  7. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Looking forward to the release !!
    Wondering if Cat Quest I will get an update to have MFi ?

8. fr0n1k

fr0n1k New Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Hey gentlebros, first of all, sorry for my bad english (i'm from MOTHER RUSSIA).
    I have been trying a few games of your team/studio, and i have a few things to say.
    I really like how your games looks like/the sound, but in most way - the are not addictive... There are nothing to came again and again for me in this game, why not to add something cool to your cat quest II game? Online? Dungeons? Equipment trades or something from online MMO genre?

9. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Unfortunately, due to the way we programmed it, the first Cat Quest would not be getting an MFi update. :(
    Cat Quest 2 will be supporting it from day 1 though! :D

Hey there, and thank you for playing our games! Sorry to hear you're not really enjoying them, but we're constantly trying to improve with every game we make! Hopefully our next one will be more fun for you! :)

10. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    This is how interiors will look now in Cat Quest 2!

[​IMG]

11. NyxKiria

NyxKiria Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Male
    I'm so looking forward to this. Loved the first game.

Game is looking slick <3

12. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Please don’t even consider adding any kind of online play. Same room 2 player is great, something not required but fun and a way to bring a friend or sibling in to the world with you. Cat Quest is an offline premium game first and foremost and would be completely devestated if it was ever released looking or playing like the 1000s of “mmos” already on the AppStore. Cat Quest 1 was an insta classic that just the fun factor alone was enough to keep you coming back and with the additin of mew game plus later was just icing on the cake. With CQ2 having mfi, that’s cool always love playin a game with my nimbus when I can but not always, some games are just built so well with touch controls like CQ1, controller support wasn’t even needed.

Solarclipse likes this.
  13. fr0n1k

fr0n1k New Member

Apr 2, 2017
    I love that designer work, game look so nice! Hope there will be an online, different item rares, dungeons..

14. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone! :)

Yup, we are adding a whole host of new areas, new dungeons and new enemies! We are also concentrating on a great single player experience with the option of local co-operative play. We aren't equipped as a team to handle an online game right now(that requires a huge team and a lot of manpower to keep running well!).

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Suggestions and Ideas
    Hidden achievements
    Hidden weapons and stat boosts to unlock by doing tasks like kill (x) amount of (x) enemies and receive (x) weapon or permanent stat boost

After beating the game you can unlock endless mode where you continue defeating enemies whose level of difficulty still rise to allow more leveling.

Receiving quests from the signs was a great idea I would like to see stay.

Wierd Ideas
    Make wanted posters of npcs or whoever . Explain crimes committed on the sign. after you beat them in a fight , either capture them and return for reward or choose a bribe from them and receive half off of goods or whatnot.

Make a purchasable house for yourself and collect and buy furnitures from quests and npcs.

Training Facility like a Scratching Post to build up strength, agility, speed, ect

Create a “Petting” icon which has a cool down to replenish health , stamina, or mana

Funny weapons
    Laser pointer , to make enemies attack other enemies by guiding them towards the other and attack there face

Cat nip, to give you speed boost

16. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Gentle bros, you guys are amazing.

It’s been a while since I played cat quest now, and I’m not remembering if there were set bonuses but that would be cool.

It would be nice to see a timing-parry and counter attack to give more variety to combat, and alternative to rolling to avoid an attack.

A jump and jump attack could be interesting too, but might change dynamics too much—traps too easy to dodge, etc.

The mewgame and new game pluses were great. I definitely beat the game a number of times and I don’t usually do that with RPGs. Mew game would have been nice to be able to wear the equipment I won. Would have been more exciting progression...at a certain point the challenge level vs fun wasn’t worth it.

If you have a bigger overworld, portals or a few tunnels might be nice. With being able to walk and eventually fly in the first game though travel was fine for me. Maybe make the world map “round” so you appear at the other end if you go past the edge. But again, if it’s a bigger world then some tunnels/portals would be good.

You guys did a good job with the world last time—you really got to get to know each area because of the quests, characters, and events there. So it felt like a rich world. Helped by things like the statues. More of that world building and myth is, for sure!

Thanks again, love your work gentle bros!

17. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    +1 for tvOS support :)

18. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
  19. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Done and done! Can’t wait guys!

20. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Shouldn’t the game be out today? 4 October? There was a post with this into on TA