Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    #161 The Gentlebros, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    We got Editor's Choice!

Oh my goodness everyone! Cat Quest got Editor's Choice! H-how is this possible??!??!?!

[​IMG]

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You deserve it!

3. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Yeah! Your game is great! Btw... I haven't found how to use dodge. Can you explain how?

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #164 Solarclipse, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    THANK YOU! This is the most fun I've had in with a game since Battleheart Legacy. Totally agree with you on not needing a roll (@Brightsiderious, its not in the iOS v, just steam), combat works as is really nicely and if you use the red indicators you will have time to get away.

I love the touches and design—the secret cave, and the variety of dungeon layouts and hidden items, the world building with all the quests. Spot on. The cat naps are adorable and I laughed when I would have some quest going on and just catnap before continuing...because that's very catlike :)

It seems like the queen's resort would be a good place for a "happy ending" quest, but that's all there is for now...but that would be nice for a feeling of closure at this phase of the game. A couple other points of feedback:

•Cat trap is a little OP...maybe make it a little smaller, or not damage as quickly.
    •Cathulu is too easy to beat,
    because he will follow you to the shore, then you can use a cattrap and he'll stick on it while you are napping :)
    •The final level 99 quest for the memories, at final rest...
    maybe block it off so you can't go to catnap until you go back to talk to the peasant.

I hope you guys develop more content, I would be happy to pay for DLC (woof?) and definitely for a sequel...You guys really did a fantastic job world building and storytelling; this is game of the year for me. TY!

5. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I agree with this dude

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Are u serious? ###

7. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I'm gonna get this game for steam tomorrow

8. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    I am amazed people still play games on pc. I thought it's dead! Apparently not!

9. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I don't even play games for the pc I'm just gonna get it to support the developers

10. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Aww man, thanks so much! You guys are the best! :3

11. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    congrats again on the feature!

also asking/suggesting :D this again, how about more options on the zoomed out world map? maybe show caves that have locked golden chest , quest boards with open quest and ability to move the map.

are these possible? :confused::confused:

12. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    No problem dude

13. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Congrats on your editor's choice!!! It seemed like an easy choice to me. Not surprised at all. You guys are great and very active on the forums. This is a shining example of showing that you actually care about player feedback! Keep up your fantastic work. I look forward to all your future games.

Also, is there something special about the items you get in the special cave? the - items haha

14. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    After playing this game I have profound knowledge of cats!! I now know the meaning of cat nap and cats have 9 lives!

15. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    This game is amazing, I also figured out how to open gold chests!

16. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    My favorite armor set yet!

Attached Files:

17. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Does anyone notice that if u let the auto hit to attack the spell casters they can't cast spell.. Only physical hitters can hit u back!

Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or a bug

18. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    We didn't want to let players scroll around because we wanted players to physically walk to those places to see how they look like. Zooming out just lets you see your immediate surroundings. :)
    Quest boards with open quests have a '!' on them.
    We also did not want to show which caves have golden chests as we want players to have the sense of discovery when they finally find one.

Oh not at all, its just a joke in the world. XD
    All the soldiers wear this crappy armor, which is why they're so weak. There's also a quest that dives into the origins of this crappy armor.
    You can also wear it to challenge yourself.

Do you mean the mages? Or the monsters that cast spells?
    Some enemies do not have a physical attack. The mages, for example, can only cast spells.

19. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    figured that would be the reasoning behind non-scrolling maps and the golden chests.:)

btw once a side quest chain is finished (all available quest in the board is done), it doesn't get anymore down the line? maybe after certain main story events or character level?

20. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    For most quest lines, this is the case, yes. However, there are a few that only unlocks after you progress through the main quest to a certain point. :)