Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #81 stubbieoz, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    This is the best news I have heard since hearing the game was released!

I really am enjoying my time in this game.
    While I love my more "serious" rpg's and tactical games this is a complete joy to play.

This game takes me back to the days when Zelda was just released on my Nintendo system.
    While not saying that this is anything along the lines of that game, it is giving me the same wonderment I felt as a 30yr old gamer back then.

I am now 60 and a game like Cat Quest is why I still love playing games. #
    Thank you Gentlebros.

(and all this coming from a dog lover # )

edit:
    I was originally somewhat critical of the game not having seperate audio sliders for music and sound effects.

While I still think it would be a good option to have them added, I now feel that the music is such an intricate part of the game that adds to the whole enjoyment of playing Cat Quest, that I would probably just leave the music at 100% anyways.
    Great job to the music developer. #

2. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Its been a llooonnggggg while since ive played such an engaging and addictive mobile game. ####

Great fookin awsome job devs. Youve created an excellent game without forgetting that its a mobile game. Simple clean and fun.

3. Airpegy

Airpegy Member

Jul 11, 2015
    For me so far it could become game of the year !
    Polish good style good rpg and cats #
    Good job gentle Bros you make a gamer extrémales happy !

4. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I think you mean pawsome. ;)

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Now that's the spirit! #

6. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    meow~! ^__^

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm around level 8 and loving it so far. I'm sure the devs have plenty of ideas for further content for this, but fishing just popped into my head. Wouldn't that be a neat side mission? Or a whole mini game on its own!

Thanks so much for such an awesome game in such a small package, without having to be online, and for such a good price. I really hope this one does well for you guys!

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm around level 9 and loving every minute so far - couple of quick questions though - people have mentioned the dodge roll, is this something I've missed? I haven't worked out how to do that yet.... And second question is how do you get rid of gear that you don't want?

Thanks in advance

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    May have been mentioned but is there a way to move the map around?

Know you can zoom out but it still doesn’t show you everything and would be nice to know where there’s lakes and stuff blocking your way somewhere. ;)

10. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Add iCloud pls. I want to play on iPhone and iPad

11. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Please add some sort of after game replayability. New game plus or maybe some kind of endless dungeon/colosseum! Oh and I second the icloud support

12. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks you all! Really happy everyone is enjoying the game! :)

Yup iCloud is indeed coming, we're working on the last bits of it now. Wish us luck! :D

13. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Wanna give it a shot, but I can't find it in Taiwan appstore, please help.

14. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
  15. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    #95 maxbrickem, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Man what a fantastic game gentlebros! Love the "Golden key" part of the game. :) just saw your post saying that finishing the main quest is just the beginning. Made me very happy! Great, great game. Gonna double dip Mobile and steam so I can have it wherever haha.. btw I know it's probably impossible so sorry for the dumb question, but there's no way to sync steam and ios catquest saves is there?

Also, do you mind elaborating on 'beating the main quest is just the beginning' ? I've been holding off on the main quest bc i didn't want to beat the game and end it! I'm thinking dlc/sequel? or is there post-game content as well? Thanks in advance!

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I am gonna pass for now and hope for more control options
    i keep seeing "controls are like Crashlands" if this is true i cant do it
    Crashlands was a major regret purchase "for me"
    dont hammer me too hard since I am just sharing my opinion and I do get that I
    am not representing majority thinking but for me controls in a game are no 1 deciding factor
    i would hate to buy it and never play it like i did w crashlands
    I do want to add that I like the developers and I am not dissing this game or anyone who made it since it looks awesome! and i hope it does very well!

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    A question guys? I get all this equipment but how do i know which one to wear? I mean how does the equipment leveling up works?

18. rseller1

rseller1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Loving this game so far. I try so many adventure/Rpg games hoping they'll have that magical spark that captivates me and pulls me in, and it's so rare to find. This game has/does that. Thanks, devs!

19. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Equipment seems to level up as you find that same piece of equipment again in another chest. Don't worry you'll find a bunch and can even gamble on chests to get equipment. As far as how high the item levels up Inhavent figured that out yet. Sometimes an item levels up from 3-4 and sometimes it'll go from 3-20...i'm thinking it might level based on the items i have equipped and been using (melee vs magic) but really i have no idea.

20. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Alright I'm sold. Just bought. Have conferences today but will dive into the kitty litter after this today.