Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    +1 vote for a vstick if it ever gets implemented.
    This, Crashlands and Dont Starve work on ipad, but -for me - on the iphone with the finger covering the screen/sprites is a dealbreaker too.

2. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It's not on switch yet unfortunately

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    ok, this game is really beautiful, outstanding art, great tunes and good playability... but... the concept is too simplistic for me, there's no cities/villages to go through, caverns (wonder if we can call them dungeons) are too small and easy, an ingenuous combat system... i've been playing for months rpgs like both Siralim, both 9th Dawn, Dungeons of Chaos, etc, and maybe should have realized that this game wasn't for me, even though i had guessed from youtube videos and the small installed filesize that i've seen previously somewhere.

i'll go on Nexomon, seems more complex and suitable to me.

4. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Multiple save slots not possible?

5. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    The analogous game y'all are reaching for is Battleheart Legacy.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Having tons of fun with this. Level 7 (almost 8) and working on the side missions to level up for the main story mission.

I love the way the overworld looks like a great big map and how the battles take place in real time. The way the touch controls work during battles (and in general) is easy and intuitive.

I was hesitant to buy at first as I'm trying to be better about my App Store spending but believe me it's money well-spent.

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #47 sakara214ever, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Yeap same here. Really beautiful graphics simple touch to move and battle very very polished game. Anyone remembers which colors-numbers that show up on enemies heads indicate their weakness? (Magic physical). Lost that on the turorial.

8. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Reminds me a lot of crashlands. Very fun game can't recommend it enough!!

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

From what I gathered, white hit points are normal attacks while red hit points shows the weakness. So, if I attacked a monster with my fire spell and the hit points were red, that would mean that enemy was weak against fire.

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Oh i see! Thank you :)

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just checked. There is no MFi support.
    But I will add that the current touch controls are very good though a virtual stick would be a good option to have.

12. BLACKBEARD77

BLACKBEARD77 New Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Awesome!

I purrrrrty excited for this!

13. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #53 JohnnyClash, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Loving the game.. a virtual stick in the corner would be awesome for controls, but the current stock setup has you incorporating some fun dodge moves into the battles.. Great game.. Highly polished UI. The UI is so crispy around the edges that it would actually make just about any game fun to play.. Much more polished than last weeks, fun to play, Egglia.. I does give off a Crashlands kinda vibe..

14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I was feeling that a moment when I started but it works really well you'll be missing out!

15. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Level 19 and really enjoying it! However, I still do not know how to open the large gold/locked chests...

16. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Still asking if multiple saves is possible :p

Also whats the penalty for death? (Something i dont want to test for myself :D)

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    don't think so, when you press continue it just takes you to your current game so i don't think there is multiple saves and also don't want to test that lol.

18. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    waiting for that brave soul to test out the penalty for death :D

best release so far for this week :):)

19. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    #59 Samurix16, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    I don't know why but I can't figure out how to do a combat role.

20. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thank for the pawsome support!

Hey everyone!

Thanks for playing and supporting Cat Quest! Sorry for not replying to the comments sooner, we were so tired from the launch we just fell asleep on our chairs, haha!

Really happy the game is working fine for everyone! And to answer some of the questions we saw:

Qn: Is there MiFi or virtual control support?
    Unfortunately, at this point there is not. We put in a lot of effort in designing touch controls for the game, and we hope people will find them good. However, we're definitely not ruling out the possibility of MiFi or virtual control support in the future!

Qn: Are there multiple saves?
    At the moment, there is only one save. We are looking if we can add more slots in the future so stay tuned for that! :)

Qn: What happens when you die in the game?
    Great question! It's a little special in that you will lose all quest progress since your last save, but you will keep all the exp, gold and items you had at the point of death. We didn't want players to lose all their hard earned items, but at the same time wanted players to overcome the obstacles we put forth for them.
    Hope this answers this question!

And let us know if we missed anything!

Also, don't forget to grab the free stickers! Its for a limited time only! :)
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1153320608

Happy catventuring! :)