Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    The Android version is on sale for $1.99, possibly for being picked as a Best of 2017 game on Google Play. Not sure if a sale is planned for the iOS version.

2. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Currently $1.99 USD/$2.79 CAD right now, on the USA and Canadian app stores, respectively. Hope MFI controller support comes soon. Any word on this?

3. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just (finally) bought the game this morning and started playing. I can't believe it took me so long to get this one -- it's incredibly fun! Looking forward to playing this one for hours. :)

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Anyone know if this got mfi or Apple TV support yet?

5. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Well, ho ho ho!!! Not only have the Dev’s added numerous updates with bug fixes & extra content. This incredible game’s price tag, which IMO was already low has also been reduced. I think in the Christmas spirit the right thing to do is double dip if you can, buy if you haven’t and leave a 5 star review even if you don’t like #

6. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Really want MFI support as well!!

7. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thank you!
    We worked hard to partner with Apple so we could give everyone this discount, so Merry Kitmas everyone! :D

As for the MFI support. We've been trying, but the controller is conflicting with our touch controls and is giving us some technical difficulties. We can't guarantee when we can issue the update, but we hope to be able to come up with a solution soon. :)

8. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Hooray :) I know a common tactic is to use a global variable in your input functions that gets set to True when a controller is connected or disconnected (there's an event that gets triggered when this happens), then you can just gate the touch parts of the input

(something like: if !CONTROLLER_CONNECTED: evaluate touch input)

9. Parvin

Parvin Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I've been holding out on this for so long ... got it now at the price drop

10. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    It's not exactly that simple. XD
    Since we didn't plan for MFI controls in the beginning, any new controller added will use the touch controls as a base. Meaning its not like the PC version where the different moves are already mapped to a button press.
    On mobile, battling is auto-attack, running around is destination based(point to a location and the cat runs to it). This way of controlling the character doesn't translate well to a button press system.

Its like having a bowl of soup, and we gave you a spoon(touch controls) to drink from it. Now we're adding a fork(MFI), but the fork isn't that great for drinking soup. ;)
    What we should have done was have two dishes, a soup and a plate of fries. If you're using the fork, we would swap to the plate of fries instead.
    Unfortunately, right now we only have the bowl of soup.

Thank you! :)

11. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Thanks Devs! I know it's a stingy thing that's me (not you) but putting this up on sale added it instantly to my cart. I'd been waffling on it since the big update. So thank you for the work and support! (and now I have something to do at the in-laws)

12. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Mew game

Just finished a mew game with 9 lives + naked cat, got to level 102 when I finished the game. Maybe I’m just getting faster with leveling;g, since I have the attack pattern of those floating spike monsters down better. I have been playing against harder enemies meowdifier the last two games, so I can’t tell really, but it seems like enemies do less damage in naked mode? Yes, no?

I am tryi)g a level 1 and 9 lives run...which I had thought gentle rose said the experience orbs would become money...or was it just doubling? Had to tell because I have literally just started and killed a the first couple monsters...

After this I figure I can decide which way to go: 9 lives + harder enemies + ...naked or level 1?

13. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Enemies do not do less damage in naked mode. :)

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Naked cat really??? I can't wait!!! Naked?

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    anyone know if this will ever get a V-stick optional control?

16. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I tried Mew Game with harder enemies, and couldn’t get by the third enemy. :) Damn those wizards are tough at first level. Obviously not for me. That’s fine, though, the original playthrough was FANTASTIC. I really enjoyed this game. Well done, would highly recommend. I’m glad I paid full price for it right before the sale, otherwise I would’ve felt guilty at only $1.99. Even $4.99 is underpaying anywhere other than the warped iOS game economics.

Hoping for a Cat Quest 2!

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I didn’t think an actual controller would be much different, but finally unwrapping our PS4 copy and playing it was revolutionary! The stick movement is so nice, and rolling out of danger is game-changing. I’d love to see those make it into the iOS version now.

But in the meantime, I highly recommend this on PS4. It’s a blast. I’m enjoying it so much, our boys here are getting jealous. ;)

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Stamford blocking my Cat Quest view.

Attached Files:

19. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    hah, my cat has the same color and pattern :)
    my ps4 has a ton of great games on the drive but i rarely play there nowadays, mostly on my iphone 20 mins here 10 mins there.

I want to play this game so much, but trying to replay Crashlands (also no vstick still) made me realise how much i hate seeing my hand and finger all over the screen.

here’s to hoping :)

20. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Haha thanks for the explanation ;) it’d be pretty cool to get the pc experience on mobile when you plug in a controller!