Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Hmm, the Golden Chest in Founder's Cave only drops the Box Armor and nothing else. Are you certain you opened the right chest?

2. Zuzax

Zuzax Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I did a new play-through and this time the chest spawned the box armor and I got the achievement. Oh well, it was just as much fun the second time through. I got the WFC armor set as early as I could this time and zoomed through the rest of the game. The set is definitely overpowered.

Patiently awaiting a sequel...:D

3. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Cool! Glad you got that all settled and congrats on getting the achievements! :D
    Yep, we're definitely gonna nerf WFC now! :)

Thanks for the support!

4. sassydinosaur

sassydinosaur New Member

May 18, 2017
    Really tossing up between this and Iron Marines.. I'm leaning towards Cat Quest given it has no IAP and looks so darn cute!

5. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I can't speak for Iron Marines, but I can say that Cat Quest is flawless in terms of catering its gameplay to the medium. You'll never wish you were playing it on another. Because of that, it's a fairly simple game, but in this case, it's a virtue. Cat Quest is about cat puns, not BioWare-level storylines. I think it works.

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Rarely, if ever, have I been glued to my phone as when playing Cat Quest. Can't wait for Mew Game!

7. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Aw shucks! Thanks you guys! :3

8. ChronoSigma

ChronoSigma Member

Oct 19, 2017
    This is like Crashlands + Dragonborn(Skyrim) + CATS!

Played the PC one and it seems more interactive and in control and on mobile. Would love to see an option to have different control scheme for mobile. (Especially the dodge roll)

Otherwise, Great game :D

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The devs have stated in here that the game was originally designed not to have a dodge roll mechanic but felt later on it was necessary in the pc version.
    I doubt you will see the dodge introduced in the mobile version.

10. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    It's on our to-do list!
    We're going to add the dodge roll as an option in the settings for players who want it. :)

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Really sorry for the misinformation, I thought you guys were committed to no dodge on mobile. I happily stand corrected. #

12. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Played this game and LOVED it! Will post a review on my site soon.

As a very casual player, I personally loved the Faith/Courage/Willpower thing. It still took a lot of grinding and levelling to get them (since you have to get the gold key first, and that took me ages). Then you basically had to use cheat guides because very few people are going to find all of them through their own initiative.

So it wasn't like you just stumbled upon them.

Then, they let you play the rest of the game more easily, though for me as a Casual player it was still enjoyably challenging (I was only using Willpower, maximising my spell-power with the Magician's vest and good old Red Mare).

I can't see the point of nerfing them. It makes them kind of pointless to find. The thing is that they're godlike items for those that want the reward of feeling godlike.

If you feel the game is "broken" because you (a) found them and (b) couldn't resist using them, maybe consider that your approach to gaming is "broken" in the first place by cheating with loot guides. I don't see why devs should have to take the fun away from everyone because a few people don't have the self-discipline to play a game without cheating, but feel bad about cheating.

13. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Hmm, we're nerfing them, but they would still be the most powerful weapons/armor in the normal game. You'll still be godlike, just not THAT godlike. Plus, with the new update coming soon, we're introducing new gear that is even more powerful(but only unlocked by completing the new mode).

How does that sound? :)

14. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    That sounds fantabulous... where do I sign up?

15. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Still a little disappointing ;)

The thing is that I very often have to give up at the last moment with RPGs. I play all the way through, usually doing every side quest etc, and then the Final Fights are so incredibly hard that they're just beyond me. I just don't have the dexterity or tactics (or even time) to try a fight 50, 100+ times, and by that stage I don't want to be feeling as weak as a level 1 newbie again.

I probably had to attempt the Golden Key fight about 30-40 times, maybe more, but that was okay, since it was earlier in the game and I went off to level a bit and came back, and so on. I really wouldn't want to do that for the final boss - because there's no real reward once a game is done. With Golden Key you unlock all this amazing stuff and get to do higher quests. With a final fight, it's just the end, pretty much. Even if you get an amazing reward, the game is done, there's nowhere to use it.

(This goes for all RPGs by the way, not just Cat Quest. It's a general issue I have).

What was so lovely about your god-weapons was that the Final Fights were just nicely challenging.

Maybe an alternative for RPG devs would be to have some kind of nerf-toggle for final battles? I get that it's probably really satisfying for some players to spend hours winning them, but for me it's just a kind of regret that I ended up abandoning yet another game at 99% of the way through.

16. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Wheeeennnnnn will this come out?? Can't wait. Will there be more quests? Or is new mode just like a New Game+?

17. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    There will be a new mode called 'Mew Game' as well as New Game+!

New quests will come in Christmas! Or should I say....'Kitmas'....

18. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    but the story and the quests are the same? no additional content? :(

19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #459 stubbieoz, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    OMG!...... the cat references.......will they never end.

I find it all a bit purrplexing....oh god, did I just do that?! #

20. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    They will never end, and now you're in on it too, muahahaha! XD