Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Aww! We would love to see that! :D

Thank you so much for the support! :)

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Whoa! PS4 physical?! I've got to get my paws on one of those! Will it get the Mew Game Plus update too?

3. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    It might not have it at launch(we have to send it to Sony's approval now!), but it will of course be getting it as soon as Mew Game is done! :)

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Nice! Thanks for all the hard work on this one.

5. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks for your support too! :)

6. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
  7. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Just finished the game, obviously I enjoyed it a lot to finish it :). Couple things...

Wasn’t a fan of the golden key aspect. I found that getting a lot of that equipment that early made a lot of the game trivial.

Quest management was fought to manage. Maybe a status screen with the main quest and up to 3 side quests that, when you click on them, they change the arrow location.

I enjoyed he simplified stats, though it would be much better to be able to distribute points at level up instead of he standard. Maybe make the health stat grant 10 HP, and you get like 3 points at up to level 10, 4 points up to 20 and so on. Then I can put all I t magic or whatever I want to customize my kitty a bit more.

Maybe another item slot like necklace or collar :)

Overall, very enjoyable game.

8. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks! This is all feedback we're bringing to our future games! :)

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Switch version info?

10. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Switch and PS4 announcement next week! :)

11. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Nerfing Willpower, Faith and Courage!

As the topic suggests, we plan to nerf these three legendaries because, well...they're way too powerful!

Originally, when designing it, we didn't think players would be able to get these pieces so early, because of the skill required, and how hidden some of these pieces were. One of them is also guarded by a level 200 enemy!

However, with the internet being what it is, and some players devising strategies we never thought of(good job you guys!), the most powerful gear set in the game can technically be got really early, thus breaking the balance for the rest of the game!

It's definitely our fault for not anticipating this, but don't fret though! With the new 'Mew Game' update, we're giving players the ability to level up Willpower, Faith and Courage! So you can bring it back to its former glory. Only now, these items will be balanced for first time players of the game! :)

Now, we know nerfing stuff is always a sensitive subject, and hence we wanted to get some feedback on this first! Will you guys be okay if we nerfed these armors and weapons?

12. Zuzax

Zuzax Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Sure. I was still struggling with the Water Dragon at level 48-ish. So I went exploring and I stumbled onto the secret cave and got Willpower and was able to dispatch the water dragon quite easily at level 50. For me Willpower has no icon or equipped visual - I assume that's because true "willpower" is invisible?

While I like a good boomstick, it seems like I might speed-run through the rest of the game with such an overpowered weapon so I really don't mind it being nerfed. I was probably going to go back to my normal weapon and just pull Willpower out to clear stubborn monsters. I haven't found the other overpowered items yet.

Unrelated - making active quest boards a bit more obvious when zoomed out would be a nice touch. It's a pain finding a village with active quests at my current level.

And on yet another topic, are you going to be adding an indicator that shows when a cleared dungeon still has an unopened gold chest? It will be tedious to go through all the dungeons cleared prior to getting the
    gold key

Great game and awesome on an iPad.

13. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks for the feedback!
    That is definitely something on our list of 'things to do'! :)

14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I am good with that. Would upgrades to those three persist through mew games? Maybe make that the only way to level those items, giving more incentive to try all the different mewgames. Also, set bonuses would be nice. Thank you for not only the great game, but for engaging with us in the forums here. You guys get it.

15. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Thanks for the support as well!

Yes, the only way to level up those three would be through Mew Game! The armor persists as well, and you can even choose to use your original collection of armor, or try to beat Mew Game with a completely fresh start! We have a versatile modifier mechanic for that. :)

16. Zuzax

Zuzax Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    What is the deal with Box Armor? If you don't get lucky and have it spawn in the gold chest on Founders' Island you end up where I am: over 250,000 gold spent on chests at Kit's and still no Box Armor. It takes a lot of grinding in the Founders' Island cave at 1,890 gold per run to get that much gold. From what I can gather from reading the Steam/PC boards, this rather punitive achievement has carried over intact from PC to iOS. Why?

It's the ONE armor remaining for the Fashionista achievement. Everything else is gradually attained through the normal course of playing - sorta like how all the other achievements work.

Which brings up related point: FIVE UI touches to buy and open a chest at Kit's is about three too many, especially if you are buying and opening dozens of chests in a row trying to find the @%$#@%! Box Armor.

In your next update when you nerf Willpower, Faith, and Courage can you also un-nerf the Box Armor drop rate?

17. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    #437 The Gentlebros, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Hello, you can refer to this nifty guide made by a player! :)
    It documents where to find every armor and which caves contains golden chests.

Also the Box Armor set can be found in a secret chest in Founders Cave, no need to roll for it.

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Ummm, where? #

19. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Founder's Cave is located on Founder's Island, and once inside, hug the walls till you find an invisible path. Follow that path and you will come across a Golden Chest. That chest contains the Box Armor.

20. Zuzax

Zuzax Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    That's the problem. I'm one of those players (like those posting previously on the Steam boards with the same issue) that did not have the Box Armor spawn from the Founders' Cave gold chest. We received other items from that chest, not Box Armor. Now we're at the mercy of an RNG that may or may not ever spawn Box Armor in Kits'.

Is there an option or future fix for those of us who did not get Box Armor in Founders' Cave other than endless chest rolling?