Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    You can't sell or drop gear. Instead what happens is every time you find a peice of the same gear, it upgrades your existing peice a level.

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Ahh that's great feedback thank you - I was wondering why I picked up a staff for the 2nd time and couldn't find it in my inventory LOL.

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why does anyone need dodge roll in this game? I don't see anyone complain in crashlands? The game work fine... You need dodge probably coz you suck in this game, maybe.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    When is Switch version anyone know? Will it have dodge roll button?

5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Can someone please tell me a way to beat that little ball of annoying fur on the lonely island!?! I'm about to go crazy. I'm level 52 and found the quest for it but he just destroys me lol. Idc if it's the easy way at this point haha

6. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    ^ I beat the lonely island when i was 60+ and already have the lvl-99 quest weapon. I equip high magic armor/helm. then used (max)Enlarge->(max)Fire->(max)Trap combo.

**edits** oh wait its the lvl200 cave right? not sure if i have a quest for that on my playthrough.

right now i'm only missing the fashionista achievement. missing 2 items (faith and willpower)..

7. Nykeloc

Nykeloc Member

Dec 14, 2008
    It's not too hard, just max out flamepurr and wear your highest magic gear and the courage item that gives you 700 hp. My flamepurr does 651 damage and I am level 60 so I have 11 mana and can cast it 5 times. Just be patient, move north and get close cast flamepurr and run south, repeat five times. Then you'll need to cast two more times to kill it so just run up quick hit him once to regain a mana and run south same as when you cast the spell. You shouldn't get hit but if you do once the courage armor will keep you alive. I got the courage armor from the gold chest behind that guy when I was level 30, it's easy to get the chest without killing him. beating the quest didn't give me anything good just a basic mage staff reward.

8. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    The Switch version will be Q4 of this year, no confirmed release date yet unfortunately. :(
    It will have the same controls as PS4 and PC, so yes, it will have the dodge roll.

Glad to see everyone enjoying Cat Quest! Its really nice for us to read everyone's conversation on the game! :D

Just an update, but we've already submitted an update that adds iCloud! We're just waiting for it to be approved before we can release it! It will also contain the option to mute the music separate from the SFX, along with some other minor bug fixes.

9. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    can you give some hints on where to find willpower and faith? even those at steam forums are stumped on these 2 items :confused::confused:

10. Oynox

Oynox Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Does the quest line at Queen's Resort continue at some point of time?

11. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Another easy trick is to use ice to slow him down and the AoE spike trap attack to whittle him down. The ice attack slows him enough where he should die in 2-3 cycles depending on your magic stat and level of AoE spell. The ice attack should also give you an opening to regen mana if absolutely necessary.

12. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    ETA for the new Update? I want to play this game on my iPad with the progress from my iPhone :)

13. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Will this game ever get a virtua stick and button controll? I truely want to play this, but i hate tapping all over the screen. I like to see the game.
    And the missing dodge roll from the pc version is also a big bummer. This could be easily implemented with buttons and a virtua stick.

14. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    We've already issued the update, and its pending approval. Any day now! :)

15. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

yes!!!

16. warahyuu

warahyuu Active Member

Nov 10, 2015
    has anyone found faith and willpower?

I found on the steam forums that said faith is in the "Hidden Cave, there is a hidden road to the right of that two big dragons" but walked all the walls and couldn't find anything

same with willpower "North west ice island that Lv 0 hidden cave, walk til the very end and you will see a exp pearl, there's a road to the right and you will see two normal chests and one gold chest, keep going and you will eventually reach the chest for willpower" I walked around in the water for like 20 min and couldn't see anything.

I updated the latest version on iOS is it just not there yet?

17. al4red_uk

al4red_uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Sorry don't want to start a game war but given a lot of people say this is similar to Crashlands and I haven't played that. Is it worth getting crashlands too? and what do you think is better, this or that.

So far I'm loving this a lot, so similar games would be cool and help me stretch this one out too.

18. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    People keep talking about an "AoE" spell. All the direct damage spells are AoE to some extent. Do they mean cattrap? It seems really weak to me...does it get better if you level it up?

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #299 anthony78, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    I personally like this much more than Crashlands. But that’s also because crafting is a major focus of that game. It’s more streamlined than other “survival” games but still has a lot of time spending on gathering resources and stuff. Just not my thing.

The combat is decent and some fun quests but, overall, Cat Quest is a better game IMO.

Crashlands is also a blend of survival and RPG so, other than controls, it isn’t really all that comparable.

If you like this, I’d recommend Batttleheart Legacy, which is a lot deeper than this, but is an action RPG and a great game.

20. warahyuu

warahyuu Active Member

Nov 10, 2015
    cat trap + purrzerk soo OP makes last dungeons so much easier