Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Absolutely love this game. Gets quite a bit more challenging than I thought it would. Had to do most of the available side quests just to stay on track with the main story’s level of difficulty.

Anyway, I’m at the part where you need to walk on water and am stuck.

Already did the quest where you find the puss who is supposed to teach you how to walk on water. Thought he was supposed to go back to town but he’s not there.

Main quest goes back to the dragon on the water which I still cannot get to (am still probably underpowered at level 20 anyway). But can’t figure out where to go next to get the water walking ability.

2. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    It is the same. Upgrade your magic first. There are a LOT of those gold chests for free in dungeons. Just need the key

3. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    does magic have maximum level or just infinity ? xD upgrade magic is costy :D

4. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Magic maxes at level 10. Some spells are very expensive to level while others are not.

5. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Sounds like a good idea! Could be something we could group in with the DLC or extra content... :)

iCloud is coming in the next update which will be next week. :D

Grab the next quest from the Pawt City questboard. :)

6. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #266 anthony78, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Thanks. Grabbed it even though it says level 22 (I’m 21). But now I have a bigger problem. I some how got behind the quest board there and I cannot get out! :(

Tried closing and reopening the game and my character is still stuck behind it.

Is there some way to force it to load a previous save? Or am a stuck until a fix (or starting a whole new game)?

Edit: finally got out after messing around for a while... :)

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #267 Cilo, Aug 13, 2017
    Fun game, only issues I see so far is the armory has $50 chest and $5000 chest, why such a huge gap? Is it basically to deter from buying the $5000 because the item is so legendary it will break the game? If that $5000 chest item ends up being a beefed up common I'm definitely going to be pissed for grinding it out.

Also what's up with all the golden chests lying around locked and no keys anywhere? Can't buy keys in a shop and can't find keys in dungeons so idk?

Also here's a little criticism about the touch controls - if you're going to keep the current controls with no other options then at least make it intelligent. If I tap to move to a spot, my character should be able to move around objects until he reaches that spot, but that doesn't happen. What happens is I tap and then a wall, fence, or building blocks my way and I have to resort to dragging the cat around, which negates the point of tap to move in the first place because I now constantly have my finger on the screen to move my character so why not just use a dpad. My suggestion is either implement other control options or improve the current one to work how it is intended to.

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Sorry for the second post, I couldn't attach a screen shot on that one, but take a look at where my character is. No matter how many times I tap the cat will not walk around objects given a control scheme that should be automatic, which then forces me to apply a direct control of dragging.

Attached Files:

9. Nykeloc

Nykeloc Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #269 Nykeloc, Aug 13, 2017
    The key is easy to get once you have water walking. It's from an island on the southwest corner of the map. The 5000 gold chests are the same as the locked chest and honestly once you have the key you can enter any dungeon, run past the enemies and open all the chests. I wouldn't waste money on the 5000 gold chest and I agree they are too expensive and should be more like 1000 gold mostly because they are so random. You will likely get an item you won't use so spend your money to upgrade skills. I even ran by the level 200 dungeon guy and got the commando cat item that gave me another 700 HP when I was level 35. Chests probably shouldn't be openable until the entire dungeon is defeated or at least all the monsters in the immediate area are dead.

10. Nykeloc

Nykeloc Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Something that would be beneficial due to the fact that different monsters have resistances would be having two equipment loadout buttons. That way a person could easily go into the menu and switch their equipment to their magic loadout and then back to their physical equipment easy. The menu is too clunky with all items lumped together, it makes it harder to find the item you want. What would be nice is the ability to get rid of or sell items and actually let the blacksmith upgrade equipment instead of random chest pulls. Upgrading would make grinding for gold feel like it's being used for something the player wants instead of on the 5000 gold chest to pull or upgrade an item the player isn't going to use. There are plenty of free locked chests to earn all of the game items that there is really no need for the 5000 gold chest. It's a fun game but the replayability is lacking and these changes could make people play longer. Especially if there is a new game plus eventually.

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ive managed to get myself stuck behind quest boards in a few places - it's my only major bug bear to be honest

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    So I keep encountering these creatures that lay a matrix of spikes on the ground that do me a repeated 1hp of damage until I die. I'm unable to move once caught in this. Seems like a bug... is it?

13. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    You're able to move but unable to attack. That's what I've noticed while farmin them.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #274 stubbieoz, Aug 13, 2017
    I encourage everyone that can to try the Steam demo version of the game.
    It has the dodge mechanic implemented.

While the devs have stated above that the game was not originally designed with dodge however when you play the pc version you quickly realise what an important tactical movement you have. They seem to have it incorporated it excellently in the pc version.
    I hope the devs will implement the dodge mechanic into the iOS version.
    They mentioned that a double tap "only served to conflict with the other controls or made accidents way more common."

I have tried double tapping all over the pace and I haven't had it conflict with any thing that I could see. I don't know what they meant by it causing accidents either. I don't doubt that it might, I am just saying that I couldn't see where it would.

Perhaps they could design the dodge double tap mechanic to happen only when a player is in the enemies red attack range? That should stop any potential conflicts or accidents.
    Maybe give an option in the main menu to make a double tap a dodge roll?
    Then those who have a problem with it can elect to not have it and have the tapping behave as it does now.

I don't mean to harper on about the missing dodge in the iOS version but after trying the Steam demo you soon realise that having a dodge roll can make the tactical side of the game much more enjoyable.

Try it for yourself.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think personally double tap would be the biggest culprit for accidental dodge roll. You tap multiple times if you want to move to a different spot or change enemy targets. Especially in the heat of battle, you might end up tapping multiple times to run away and reposition. People also naturally tap twice on movement spots when they feel like the input isn't fast enough as a twitch reflex. I would not recommend that tbh.

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I think a quick swipe to the left or right could work for a dodge roll. I mean you generally should be either dragging or tapping so don’t think that would interfere. I too would love to see it implemented. I especially think in boss fights, the dodge roll would be a nice thing to have in your skill set for strategy.

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #277 stubbieoz, Aug 13, 2017
    Thats fine. Everyone is different and I appreciate your feedback.
    Perhaps an option in the menu like I suggested would be preferable for people who don't have that twitch reflex or a natural tap twice inclination when input is not fast enough. I am one of those people.

Just suggesting an option which would make the iOS game a bit more tactical than it is.
    The pc demo shows what a good idea the dodge roll is. Have you tried it?

At least the dev did suggest that if it was for the betterment of the game they would try to implement it. Making it an option in the menu should help everyone...no?

A quick swipe is also a good option.
    Your point about boss fights is exactly where I think the dodge roll is so tactically important.

What I do know is that when I am playing the iOS version and sometimes I try to get out of the enemies red zone, I am unable in a lot of cases to retreat back quickly enough to miss getting hit, whereas in the pc version that doesn't happen with dodge roll.

Please don't get me wrong people. I am loving the game immensely. I think it is one of the best games available atm.
    I am just trying to give an opinion on something that I think would make the game even better than it currently is.

18. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    #278 baconcow, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Does this game have MFI controller support? I see that the PC version has controller support so I assume it either does or will get it. Was hoping for confirmation.

Edit: Looked back several pages and it seems there is no MFI support and there may be none coming. Very confusing development decision considering other platforms it is on (or coming to) use physical controls (PC, PS4, Switch). I played all of Crashlands with a controller and this game appears to have similar style of gameplay.

19. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Please save me from reading through 20+ pages...is there something to do with all the trash gear? I can't find a place to sell it or a way to drop it. Thanks!

20. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    People in this forum are saying that this game don't even support MFI controllers .?????
    That's funny
    I'm sure the dodge roll could be implement as an optional for MFI users if you couldn't do it with touchscreen