Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    this game doesn't NEED A joystick. the tap to move is all very smooth and feels great and natural. you can even just keep dragging your finger and the cat hero will follow.

2. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    #242 Mince0, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Thanks, it grind my gears when people are so silly. Like really? Your not going to play the game because they used a touch interface instead (on a touch screen device might I add) of some random virtual sticks which can be very hard to get right on touch screen.

For example R-play for remote playing ps4 ---> iOS . It biggest criticism is the use of virtual sticks...

3. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I know it's early but once I complete the game I'll probably delete it.

Will any future content/dlc be released before I do?
    And if so what's the eta on iCloud saves?

Ps haha Cara loft

4. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    You know this game is coming to the PS4 that will use the analog sticks, right?

5. al4red_uk

al4red_uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Wow, lots of stick for requesting what's a pretty standard feature in most games.

Trace back and look at what I wrote, it's my own preference and what I'd prefer, I understand the controls work fine for what they are and I ever criticised them (theyre pretty good considering the trouble some devs have with virtual controls).

That said I know I'd enjoy the experience more with what I'm comfortable with and right now I'd prefer a virtual stick or movement controls on one side of the screen. Just my two cents (and a few others), who knows maybe I just need to get used to the auto movement.

6. al4red_uk

May 31, 2011
    Wow, lots of stick for requesting what's a pretty standard feature in most games.

Trace back and look at what I wrote, it's my own preference and what I'd prefer, I understand the controls work fine for what they are and I ever criticised them (theyre pretty good considering the trouble some devs have with virtual controls).

That said I know I'd enjoy the experience more with what I'm comfortable with and right now I'd prefer a virtual stick or movement controls on one side of the screen. Just my two cents (and a few others), who knows maybe I just need to get used to the auto movement.

7. lightasammo

lightasammo Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Loving this game so far. I will probably double dip and purchase for switch because the touch controls sort of get in my way. They work well don't get my wrong but my hands are blocking the screen during battles and after longer play sessions it gets a bit annoying to have to reach or move my arm/hand to point myself towards a certain area. Awesome game though. One of my favs in a long time! I'm hoping for some DLC in the future. I would gladly pay for it! Also being able to dodge or roll would be a great addition. Hats off to the devs!

8. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Nope, completing that quest will grant you the water walking ability. Did you abandon that quest before completing it by any chance?

9. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Do not delete the app yet!

iCloud is coming in the next update. We are applying the finishing touches now.
    Wait till you grab the update, upload your save to the cloud, then you may delete the game. XD

Yes, we are planning to add more content in the future too.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    When is Switch version coming?

11. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Q4 of this year! :)

12. Nykeloc

Nykeloc Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I know you guys wanted people to explore locations instead of scrolling through the large map, but after you've explored areas It would be really helpful to scroll the larger map instead of walking opening it, walking some more then opening again, walking a bit further and repeating. Perhaps a fog of war would be a good alternative, then people wouldn't see locations they haven't explored yet and scrolling on the larger map could be added back.

I also encountered a bug that let me walk while the map was enlarged. Only happened once during a quest dialogue and I haven't been able to duplicate it.

13. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Does gold chest worth buying ?

14. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    yes!!!

15. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    #255 Mince0, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Yes so you know the ps4 has a dedicated controller while iOS has touch screen.

The switch should have been your refrence because it has touch screen and controllers, but point would still remain these devices have a controller.

16. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    No MFI, not for me, just not a fan of tap to move, real shame!! Oh well

17. al4red_uk

May 31, 2011
    Thanks for considering this, i do feel it would only bolster the great rep the app has.

The controls do work great don't get me wrong but Like a couple people before said it's a little annoying to have to tap from one side of the screen to the other to change direction (call it laziness if you want!).

I'm at level 12 now and am thoroughly enjoying it. Just based on my experience, for me, it would be even more better with MFi support or virtual controls.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    @Dev:

I have an idea I think would be great for a future update that wouldn't require thaaat much work but would increase the playability by a lot.

At the start of the game, allow the player to pick a "class." For example we can say Paladin, Mage, and Warrior. Each class would just have a different stat bonus/demerits to start with. Paladin could start with +2 armor. Mage could be +2 magic and -1 attack. Warrior +2 health, etc. On level up, you can change how their stats are allocated. So mage would receive less attack but more magic attack on level up. To change their appearance, you wouldn't need to change that much. I would say you can change the color of the cat sprite and possibly add stripes or whatever which is easy to change the variation of the cat sprite without having to change any equipment designs.

I think this would be a great way to put in with multiple saves and even future updates could just add another cat class. If you want to invest more time in it, each class could have a special skill used as a magic skill that only that class has. Paladin could have an attack that drains health or whatever. You also can make specialized classes like Beserker where they have low health and high damage. If you did this it would add a whole new element of playstyles.

Since people have beaten the game already I think this would keep them occupied for another playthrough easily. Let me know what you think!

19. nvdias

nvdias New Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Awesome

I'm loving the game
    Touch to move and touch to attack is a must have in every mobile RPG, and it's working great in cat quest.
    (Directional controls are only for consoles and physical gamepads)
    Good story.
    Many side quests.
    Nice attacks.
    Great magic.

I suggest to add:
    - iCloud support for save games;
    - ability to scroll the map view and a fast travel option between larger cities (to avoid repeating walking and walking and walking)

20. titivivi

titivivi Active Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Does the 5000 gold chest the same chest as the other golden chest found in cave ? Or is it chest a special one that we should buy ?