Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Monsters that cast spells.. If u let auto hit do its work they won't able to cast it... Lol
    BTW dev are you guys from malaysia or singapore? I notice some familiar names

2. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    Singapore.

3. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
  4. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Hor seh la!!!!! So proud of u guys!!!

5. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    i wish the developer would release a mac appstore version also so i can share the progress wth icloud

now i am torn between steam and appstore ver

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been brought up, any chance for iCloud saves?

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Yeap the dev said it they are working on it right now ;)

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The devs have stated that they will be implementing seperate audio sliders for music and sound effects in an upcoming patch, so you should be fine.

And like rotating screens, I too think seperate audio sliders should be a standard feature for all iOS games.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is incredible. I love just how smooth it is, the animations flow seamlessly.

My only current wishes are to have the inventory screen with more of the space used (preferably a bigger sprite of your cat). It looks like everything is really really small in the inventory and then there's plenty of white space unused. Would be better to make use of the space and make it easier on the eyes.

The other thing I wish is that the inventory button should be on the right. Generally you play this game with one hand holding the device and the other hand tapping / actions. For a right handed person, it's odd to have to move you hand to the left side of the screen to open the inventory since it's easier to press buttons on the right side of the screen. Zoom is on the right side but zoom is rarely used compared to the inventory. This is similar to how action games on mobile generally have all the buttons and inventory on the right side of the screen. This definitely feels left handed when I play.

And probably not going to happen but virtual stick and button controls would definitely be great. The touch works well but the animations are so gorgeous I'd rather not have my fingers blocking the screen.

Thanks for the amazing game :)

10. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Prices for the loot chests are terrible. Normal $50. Next teir $5000. What??? Almost makes me believe this awsome game nearly went F2P/iap

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Adding on praise. I'm typically not a huge fan of this control scheme but it is done right here so well done.

Two questions:
    1) I'm at level 11 and at, what I assume, is the 2nd "boss." Can't make a dent in him, let alone beat him. What am I missing?

2) Have you ever considered moving the area that launchs your spells to the side of the device. Feel like it would be easier if there was a button on the right hand side vs right on top of the cat

12. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Are you talking about the dragon you fight after you get the water walking ability, or the one before that?
    Whatever the case, the game gives you a tip - go do some sidequests and explore dungeons for loot. Both of those will make you stronger via levels and gear.

2. You really do adjust to the combat with the spell menu on the cat. It's especially useful when you combo/chain spells.

Speaking of which, I am just about done with all the dungeons and sidequests. Hit 89 this morning! A few thoughts/tips/questions:

1. Spells max out at level 10. Heal is OK, but honestly, I found the gold investment not worth it. I would almost forgo leveling it for more useful spells like Fire, Ice, and the AoE attack.

2. Anyone kill
    Cathulhu
    without cheesing him? I tried and tried and tried, but eventually had to go to the cheese method. I'd be curious to know other ways to do it.

3. The
    Pirate's Treasure is just 5000 gold
    , right?

4. I know of the location where you can farm gold
    the island south of the starting point
    , but is there a better place? The gold there, while OK, is still way too little to make grinding for those 5000g chests a bit of a waste. Also, don't bother opening those chests until post game. You are MUCH better off leveling spells.

I should be done with everything by the end of the day! I'm really excited for any possible updates this game may bring. I'll definitely be buying it on Switch the day that happens!

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Thanks man!

Im talking about the big red dragon. I don't have the walking on water ability. Is that needed to beat it? Only have the fire and lighting spells

Can't even make a dent in him. I'm at level 11....think I need more side quests to beat?

14. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    So some side quests and hunt some dungeons for gear. That said, remember that the fire spell weakens the enemy. Level your fire spell up a few times, explore, etc. Your partner even says you need to be a lot stronger since the boss comes pretty quick.

Also, if you find the ice spell, that will help. But gear and levels will give you an edge for survival.

15. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    It's impossible to kill the 2nd dragon less than level 15 no mater how skillful u are!!! I got him at level 16 barely!! I honestly wanna know anyone manage to kill him level 15?

16. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    I was minimum level 20 when I beat the dragon. I tried at a lower level but couldnt do it.

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Ok thanks all. That makes me feel better....did a bunch of side quests and now at level 15.

18. ogunther

ogunther Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2009
    I understand not wanting a player to automatically see the whole map, that's why the "fog of war" is pretty standard practice. Having to walk back and forth to the same areas over and over again because you can't zoom the map just to check if something unlocked isn't adding fun to the game but tedium and artificially increasing "play" time.

Ditto with the golden chests. I completely agree that players should have to explore a cave before knowing if it contains a golden chest but why make us re-explore all the caves again once we have the ability to open the golden chests. Once again this just feels like padding your play time numbers and isn't in service of players having fun with your game. A simple fix would be: after a player has explored a cave, simply changing the "?" to an "X" (for complete) and an "!" (for golden chest still inside) would help tremendously.

Like I've said before, this game gets so much right but these choices are confusing as they go against player fun and instead add monotony and boredom to an otherwise great game.

19. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Alright! Level 90, all dungeons, all quests, 4/7 spells maxed.

I will probably grind to 99 for fun, but getting all the gold chests for the "all equipment" achievement is not on my list of things to do. The fact is, I'd have to make a spreadsheet and keep track of which dungeons I have and have not found the gold chest in. That sounds like zero fun to me, ha.

So! I hope that gets added in a future update so I can clean it up! Great great game that I look forward to supporting more in the future!!

20. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    The gold chest is meant for late/post game. By then you'll be earning enough gold to afford them relatively easily, and then you'll look back and see how far you've come.

There was a version with the spells on one side, then came the issue of right and left handed people saying they preferred it on one side compared to the other. We wanted a control scheme that works right off the bat, so we opted for the middle.
    We even had a version where players used two fingers to open the menu...and we want to forget we ever tried that! XD

Internally, the record is level 5. ;)