Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. Peter D

Peter D Member

Aug 10, 2010
    People do respond - I believe 17 pages of forum discussion make that clear.

The only thing I know to do on that level is similar to what is shown here: http://www.maithai.de/iphone/catphysics/catphysics.html#47

Except that you get the second arrow to bounce the ball up higher to the right and move the rightmost arrow higher. I have 614 on this level. Perhaps I could eek out a few more points, unless there really is some trick that I'm not aware of...

2. Mjgibson

Mjgibson Member

Aug 13, 2010
    #162 Mjgibson, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
    Thanks so much CygnetSeven and Peter D! I'll keep trying to eke some more points too, but I just wasn't aware of any trick to the level that could net me significantly more points. Have fun!

3. abjr

abjr Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    CT
    I'm currently #66 and #16 in USA with 31,027 points...not knowing this trap door trick/bug is really killing my score.

Anyway, glad to see there's a forum for us Cat Physics fanatics!

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Only 490 so far.

5. Peter D

Peter D Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Is there a level by level high score list?

I'm just curious to see how I've done compared to the best on this list...

--Peter

6. Deborah

Deborah Member

Aug 1, 2010
    That was fun, I CANNOT get that darn trapdoor trick, I am thinking of going to the darkside and asking for the secret.

7. Deborah

Deborah Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Thanks Mike, I am almost ready to give in and ask for help on the trapdoors:)

8. abjr

abjr Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    CT
    #168 abjr, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
    Keep trying, Deborah!

I just figured it about an hour ago myself. It's what I thought it was, I just could never get it to work until today.
    I've not mastered it yet, but I'm slowly getting there.

9. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Do you mind me asking: what did you find? You can PM me the answer. But there are really two trapdoor exploits. The first seems a bit more obvious, and I would expect a lot more people to figure it out. However, the second, is an egregious bug that really should never have made it in to the game. And the only reason I found that was completely by accident.

Or maybe, instead of PM'ng the answer, I'll ask: did you find that you could use arrows to jam the ball through a closed trapdoor? That is what I was referring to as the "first" one.

10. abjr

abjr Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    CT
    #170 abjr, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
    At the risk of being super-spoilery, I PM'd you...

11. spaceboyo

spaceboyo Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    I always knew you must be able to get through the trap doors using the arrows, just can't seem to do it!!

12. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    As I mentioned before, that is only part of it, and something that I'm sure has crossed everyones mind that has played the game. The "real" trapdoor bug is another beast. And that is the one that I have only divulged to folks that have sent me a PM.

13. okemo

okemo Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Great game

14. abjr

abjr Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    CT
    To exploit or not exploit, that is the question now :confused: I've used it on one level and feel a tad guilty...

15. sneil

sneil Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Chester, UK
    Signed up here because I am addicted to Cat Physics, and have just got past 30,000 (yay me).

I've figured out how to use arrows to jam the ball through one way thingies - Does it work through trapdoors, too?

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Welcome to TA! Alot more to see!

17. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Still stuck on Level 48, Fragile Bridge. Any hints? (Feel free to PM)

18. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I just beat the game today, and it never crossed my mind. Just thought I'd share. :)

As much as I love the game, I feel like there's too much gotta-be-on-precisely-the-right-pixels-to-get-the-three-stars fudginess.

I would have preferred to have more oddities, misdirection, multiple solutions on every level (as opposed to many/most), and, of course, more levels.

19. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    The jamming the ball through the trapdoors didn't occur to me at first either. But after some time, I thought that I should at least try and see. And it worked! :)

There definitely is the precision factor to this game. Not to mention the timing levels that have moving objects -- those levels are a pain, and the score can vary so greatly.

I agree, I love the oddities, misdirection, and multiple solutions. And I do wish that there was more of it. However, after playing Cat Physics for a while now, I am surprised by the amount of variation you can get by thinking outside of the box. But not on every level.

The more levels thing would be great. I know I want to see more levels. I haven't seen any posts from Donut Games stating that they plan on adding more levels. My fingers are crossed. :)

20. spaceboyo

spaceboyo Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    can't seem to find that extra 80 points in level 6 - teleporters