Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Finally got it. Your right pixel precision describes this level to a "T"... Just extremely minor adjustments make a world of difference. Funny thing is the few levels I have played after level 22 have been comparatively simple. Makes me think level 22 should have been put closer to the end of the game rather than the middle of it. Oh well, finally got passed it. Thanks for the advice...

2. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    And what fun would that be for you? ;) Actually, if you haven't noticed, the teleporters act strangely when you place arrows on them. Try it out and see what happens when the ball reappears.

Hint1: Try playing around with the various arrows on the teleporter above the starting cat's head.

Hint2: You do not need to open the trapdoor.

If you still can't figure it out, let me know and I can try to give some more hints, or send you a picture.

BTW, I did raise my level 50 score to 743. :D

3. jerry hunter

jerry hunter Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    It's really amazing! Awesome game, should be taken...

4. Petermedlare

Petermedlare Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I just managed to get 31006 :) I can't figure out hot to get another 700 :confused: But I think I can survive that :)

5. Cld

Cld New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Cat Physics single level High Scores

If you want to share your Cat Physics single level best scores, you can fill this form... I have just made with mine (my current global score is 30960).

6. tonyspoken

tonyspoken New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Doing a rough comparison i figured out the weakest level i've played till now it's level 22 , where i managed to do 492 :mad:, but i saw that more than 600 is possible.
    Could you please give me any clue? Thanks!

7. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    This game has been a HUGE surprise hit for me. I initially thought nothing of the game, but when it went free I decided to try it. I have been playing several late nights in a row and finally finished level 50 today!!!! It is such a great game! I'm closing in on 27,000 points so I still have a long way to go to get my score up, but I've already started going back through and working on getting my 1 stars to become 2 or 3 stars.

Thank you Donut Games! Your games are terrific.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Started playing this last night and it's alot of fun. I had just finished Angry Birds so this filled the void nicely. Yet another great Donut game. Thanks.

9. Liberty Wings

Liberty Wings Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Looks fun!
    and it's free!

10. lightspeed

lightspeed New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Level 13: is it possible to get the ball up to the white cat via the opening on the right, instead of going through the gears on the left?

11. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    I have wondered the same thing about level 13. However, I haven't been able to do it. And even if you could get the ball to the opening, I'm not so sure it would fit.

Oh, and welcome to TA, lightspeed!

12. lightspeed

lightspeed New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Thanks Mike.

13. Dewflop

Dewflop Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I'm in the top 20 globally, but I can't seem to figure out that "special way" to do 30. Someone (Mike :)) wanna throw me a bone/pm?

Much appreciated!!

14. lightspeed

lightspeed New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    If you're in the top 20 you already *know* the *special way* to do 30. You just need to apply it to level 30.

15. Dewflop

Dewflop Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Well, ya I know that there is a special way, but i can't seem to find the proper arrow placement. Was hoping for a screenshot or hint or something.

16. Pappnase

Pappnase Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Schlaaand!
    #22, #30 and #34 are a royal PITA. At least if you do it the special way because it takes AGES to do so. I know there are at least 185 points to get for me (got 634/652/534), but I can't get myself to do it.

Also #11. I've got 608 which is not too bad. But I know there's at least 648 to get but I can't figure it out. All those butterfly wing physics levels drive me crazy. Bl***y windmills. Change the arrow by one pixel and get completely different results.

Pappnase (currently #6)

17. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, doing those levels the special way is about the only thing you need to know. Otherwise, it is just trial-and-error in your placements. I actually liked those levels a lot more than the moving levels like the windmills.

I currently have 629 on windmills so there are still 19 points to be had for me. I also have 535 on level 43 (surface tension), so I know there are at least 5 or so more points to be had there.

Besides that, I have a bunch of levels where I can still get anywhere from 1 to 5 more points, but I'm running out of patience. :) The player called "numberfive" has been offering a good challenge. We keep leapfrogging each other for the #1 spot. But I have a feeling that there isn't another level that has one of those "oh wow, there is a new secret way to do it" that will give a lot of points.

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    We all need to call it how it is in here, Mike is the man to ask about this game. Cat Physics champ!

19. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Ha! Thanks, sammysin. :) Though I'm not the current champ at the moment. But I'll get #1 back soon enough. At least I can say that I broke 32000 first. :p

Oh, and I definitely had my share of help from Pappnase and Petermedlare. Thanks guys!

I really hope that Donut Games releases more levels for Cat Physics. This has been my favorite DG game by far. I have to put this game right up there with iBlast Moki in terms of two of my favorite physic puzzlers. I love these games where you think you are reaching a maximum score, only to find that you can start doing crazy things on various levels that really extend your score.

20. Pappnase

Pappnase Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Schlaaand!
    Wonder if they design these in on purpose. The "crazy" way in #36, yes, almost for sure. The way to get 775 in #38, rather not. The trapdoor thing, almost for sure not. Maybe that's why I'm struggling with these levels.