Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. KillBill18

KillBill18 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Thank you for the response! I'll be sure to buy the game whenever I get another iTunes card. I didn't know about the second stars in the premium version.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Nasty bug on level 42. I 3-starred it with two of the arrows partly off the screen. When the level completed, the two arrows disappeared. I haven't been able to get them to come back, and have since made a third disappear (quitting/rebooting/etc do not help). I was careful to pick a different level where I didn't use all of the arrows and try moving an arrow to the edge of the screen (I used level 39). They didn't disappear but I noticed that they did move slightly.

The worst part is I didn't get credit for my third star :p

3. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    #63 DonutGames, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
    Thanks for the bug report, we'll deal with that and release an update.

Though, you should be able to get your arrows back already now!
    Touch anywhere on the screen, and while keeping your finger pressed down, sweep back and forth along the corners of the screen until you get a hold of the arrow that has slipped off-screen.

4. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #64 Misguided, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
    Hey, thanks for the tip! I got it to keep my score this time (not sure what was different). I've completed all the levels, but still trying to get 3 starts on 4 of them. There were a few in there that I had serious trouble just finishing at all.

Great fun, and one of the few games on the app store that REALLY IS addictive. I couldn't put it down until I hadn't gotten through all 50 levels. I know I've got a great game on my hands when I wind up playing it with the charge cable attached.

I will say that level 43 is extremely frustrating to play and that if there had been more like it, I probably would have quit in disgust. That does bring up the one negative I can think of, which is that the objects in the game don't interact consistently. The ball doesn't always bounce the same way off of identical surfaces, depending on arrow placement. Likewise, placing additional arrows can radically alter how it bounces (or cause it to not bounce at all) when it shouldn't. Not a dealbreaker by any means, but there certainly were some headscratching moments at times. There may be a logical explanation, but it eluded me.

5. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #65 Misguided, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
    Heh, finally got 3 starts on level 22 and beat the goal by a hundred points in the process :rolleyes: It was one of those cases where I knew the approach I needed but took a while to get it to work.

3 left! (29, 43, 47). Not sure I have the patience to try and tackle 43.

Anybody got 3 stars on all 50?

Scratch that, just downed 29. Total scores sits at 28,818.

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Well, I still have 43, 44, and 47. And like you, I'm not looking forward to 43.

7. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I can't believe it, but I just nailed 43 (what a pain!), leaving me with just 47. Part of me doesn't want to try, because then I'll be out of starts to get. I think I know how to do 47, I just haven't been able to get it to work.

8. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, I know how you feel -- you can't stop playing the game, yet you don't want to finish it because it is so fun. Once I get through all of the levels, I might go through all of them again, and see if I can't increase my score a bit. Otherwise, my fingers are crossed for future levels.

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #69 Misguided, May 29, 2010
    Some of these I'd like to go back and see what the longest route you could get to make it through the level successfully would be. They could make it like a "golf" mode where lower score = better.

I keep reading the name of 47 as "A Matter of Angels", which is fitting, since I think divine intervention may be required. :p

Well, I did it. Current score is 28,884. The solution I came up with for 47 is not what I imagined it would be. Truthfully, it feels kinda cheap.

10. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    #70 mikeg123, May 29, 2010
    Nice job! I just got 3 stars on all levels. Level 43 was pure evil! I got exactly 520, and I'm happy with that score. I have no desire to try and improve that level. My grand total is 29,023.

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I had 534 on that one. The bottom section of that level made experimentation on the upper section such a pain.

12. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Awesome game guys!

I'm stuck on level 22 - any tips?

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm pm'ing a solution for 2 stars:) if you don't want a spoiler, don't open it.

Richard

14. Goliath Corp

Goliath Corp Member

Dec 24, 2009
    I'd just like to say that this is a superb game - and one that is truly addictive! The best Donut Games game I have played. :D

I hope that more levels will be made available as DLC or as Cat Physics 2 (definite instant purchase territory).

I haven't run into any bugs with the gameplay but whenever an alarm goes off while I'm playing, the game loses all sounds and the only way to get the them back is to exit the game and restart.

15. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Ok, just to say this is a must buy, one of the best games of the Iphone for me.

Quick to learn, hard to master, but I know I'll be back on this one until I have 3 stars everywhere. Congrats to mikeg, nice score man, I'm only 22th but I'll try !

16. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    This game is freakin' awesome! Can't get enough of it.

17. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    New features are coming...

Good news for Cat Physics fans!

We will be releasing an update soon, added these features:

- Ability to restore the arrows on any level to their default positions

- Ability to revert to the best placement you've ever had... this makes it possible for you to show your solution to your friends at anytime, even though you've moved the arrows around since you beat the record

- Bug fix: Arrows could slip off-screen if you accidentially placed them too close to the screen border

Donut Games

18. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

What about :
    50 new levels!!! :D

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm in total agreement, well maybe not total.

I'll take 25 if you can't match his demand of 50.

20. gatizo

gatizo Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    :) All sounds great.

The one feature I'd still love to see in your games is in-game on-line scores, rather than having to leave the app. I really hope that this will appear one day, even if it's just a simple in-app browser, rather than fully integrated scores.

Also, although it plays great pixel-doubled, I would happily pay again for an iPad version. Any chance of that happening?