Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Nice! Now that the cat is out of the bag, you beat my 634 by 1 point. This was one of my scores I was trying to keep under-wraps -- at least for a little while longer.

Oh, and for anyone that has PM'd me, I probably won't get a chance to reply until this evening.

2. Mrs Eyrezy

Mrs Eyrezy Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire

And my 602, curious to know where the extra 30 points are now :confused:

3. CatAddict

CatAddict Member

Aug 19, 2010
    :eek:
    There is a special way for this level ??
    I can't score over 531 !

(fun stat about me : total play duration : 40:22 hours... :D )

4. spaceboyo

spaceboyo Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    up the right side wall

5. abjr

abjr Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    CT
    This is becoming kind of a tricky situation. I know everyone wants to be helpful but if we do give all our tricks away, it's gonna be hard to climb the leader board (assuming people care about their rank).

I'm trying to only give away solutions (or higher scores that I know of) that I've come up with myself or I will ask the person that gave it to me if it's OK to share. If I know of a publicly posted solution I'll direct the requester to it.

Thoughts?

6. Dewflop

Dewflop Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Ohh, nice, I don't know the 635 way, I only have 609. Time to tweak!!

7. Deborah

Deborah Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I can understand what you mean. The pursuit of a higher score is obviously a bit addicting. I do not really worry too much about sharing my tricks, but then again, most of the real big jumps I took came from you folks on this board. I really appreciate everyone's help, even though I haven't directly attributed my score to each of you. This is a such a cozy forum:eek:

8. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I really do like the openness with everyone sharing tips and solutions. Even though I am a competitive guy, I really enjoy the camaraderie that has been going on in this thread and PMs. Just like how the early days of playing iBlast Moki was for me. I try to keep some of my scores to myself -- one to not ruin it for everyone, and two to try and maintain what little lead I have. :) Given that I can't say I have any secret scores at this point. And I have tried to give tips, hints and solutions to anyone that has asked me. Plus I have gotten a ton of tips, hints and solutions from a lot of folks here! Actually, I'm almost to the point of saying "I'm done" and posting screens of all my scores for everyone to see. I told myself I would do that at 32400, but I haven't yet.
    :rolleyes:

I had some folks ask about level 27, so I'll just post here. Go right, and use all of the arrows. The placements are really tricky, but it is possible. Use the almost vertical, right-facing arrow to the left of the starting cat -- that arrow will bounce the ball off of the sloping part of the roof and back to the right. Use the two left-facing arrows to get the ball up and over to the white cat. And finally use the almost right-facing arrow to slam the ball into the white cat's tail. I hope that helps. I'm at 636 now!

9. CatAddict

CatAddict Member

Aug 19, 2010
    On my opinion about the help and solutions given to players, it is a good thing to share the possibility like get the ball thought the doors without bumping the button to open it : like this, all the players have the same "weapons" to play.
    I think the adices like "try to go to the wall on the right" are a good thing between our community too.

But I am not for the screen copies giving the solution !

10. nicolaxl

nicolaxl Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    photograph
    italy
    i wonder why is still not free....

11. Ato

Ato New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philippines
    Departure Speed.

Hello All

I've been following for a while and decided to register to contribute.

Have you noticed that the ball does not always leave the cat's tail at the same speed? This can be important in some levels. Try level 17 with no arrows and see if you can spot the pattern ;)

12. Muckle_Ewe

Muckle_Ewe Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Well actually it does but with level 17 if you release the ball quickly after a restart the bridge will still be moving slightly so that slows the ball. Try waiting a few seconds after the restart and you'll see what I mean.

As for the sharing solutions issue I can't
    really see a problem with it considering...

1) a lot here will have the correct arrow placements anyway but just need a couple of pixels tweaking.

2) even with a screenshot it can still be incredibly difficult to get the same score.

13. Ato

Ato New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philippines
    #333 Ato, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    You may be right about the bridge but anyway I got a 731 on Level 17

14. Muckle_Ewe

Aug 17, 2010
    #334 Muckle_Ewe, Aug 23, 2010
    Nice one. I'm only on 725 on that one but the weird thing is if I go back to my best arrow combo I get 719 every time...

15. Stevesol

Stevesol Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Layer
    London
    A thought/question. Do you think that every arrow on each level does have a purpose or are some put in there as decoys? I think there are levels where they don't seem to be used (50 is an example) but I wonder if that is because the clevel users on here have by passed solutions or if donut did intend that each arrow had a use?

16. Muckle_Ewe

Aug 17, 2010
    For most levels the 'standard' solution will involve all the arrows. Things like level 50 don't really have a standard solution as far as I'm concerned.

Another Q for you folks. What kinds scores you all getting on level 15, breaking glass?

17. Dennis

Dennis Well-Known Member

704 here

18. Dennis

Dennis Well-Known Member

I have a 732 on level 17

19. Ato

Ato New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philippines
    #339 Ato, Aug 23, 2010