Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Have you tried to play around with an arrow on the teleporter? Give it a try and see what you can do.

2. Mjgibson

Mjgibson Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Does anyone have any info?

3. Muckle_Ewe

Muckle_Ewe Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    #183 Muckle_Ewe, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
    Hey folks just sitting on 30884 but needing some tips to give me a few extra hundred.

Just a question to a poster above. How do you know you are missing 80 points? Is there a level by level score guide somewhere?

Only have 499 on trapdoors right now. Aware of the trapdoor trick but can only get that to work on level 34. Any other levels have out of screen solutions like level 36 - up n down n up (or 29 or 32)? Edit: does a matter of angles have one? I've tried to get the ball to go backwards at the start but I can't see how it can work.

Also, what kind if scores should I be looking to get on wisdom tree? I just got 554 by basically following the scenery directly around the tree. (I.e, let cat release ball, use up and up-right arrow to fire it up tree)

Edit: 565
    Edit! 584 but not going up tree...

4. spaceboyo

spaceboyo Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    been trying that for days to no avail!!! it's really frustrating me :(

5. sneil

sneil Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Chester, UK

Hey Muckle Ewe. I found this site linked here a few pages back - http://www.maithai.de/iphone/catphysics/catphysics.html - which has a good start, I picked up quite a few points there. Onto 31148 now, although I'm damned if I can't figure out the teleporter trick on level 6; it just swerves past the cat every time.

6. Muckle_Ewe

Aug 17, 2010
    #186 Muckle_Ewe, Aug 17, 2010
    Ah cool i think I could get a few more from that site cheers. Im on 669 for level 6. If you like I could drop a hint and tell you which arrow goes over the teleporter...

7. Mjgibson

Mjgibson Member

Aug 13, 2010
    To muckle ewe: I have 650 on trapdoors, so at least that much is possible. Also, you can use the trapdoor triick to get you more points on levels 22, 30, 32, 34, and 35. I still need help on A Matter of Angles.

8. greggles

greggles New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    trick??

hey new to this forum, whats this trick u all keep talking about?? can anyone pm me, even a hint would be nice

9. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    OK, I'll drop my solution. I just found it, so I was keeping somewhat quiet about it, but a few people know now, so I will spill the beans.

I currently have a 652 on A Matter of Angles. Go and look at my profile for the Cat Physics album. You'll see a picture. It is easier to see it than for me to try and explain it. The timing is rough, so keep at it.

NOTE: ignore the picture for level 32. That was taken way back when I first started playing the game, and that is NOT the optimal solution.

10. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    #190 mikeg123, Aug 17, 2010
    I'm not quite sure how you are doing it, but you have to use all three arrows. When the ball comes out below, it will do this wonky curve down low and then back up. So you need to play with the teleporter arrow (which should be the arrow that is closest to vertical) so that when it swoops up, the ball comes close to the ending cat. Then use a third arrow (kind of overlapping the rock the cat sits on) to direct the ball to its tail. Use the first arrow partway on the top level to shoot the ball towards the teleporter.

EDIT: Place the teleporter arrow on the left-side of the teleporter, and down slightly (don't cover the teleporter with the arrow). Sorry, it is hard to describe, and I'm too lazy to put up a new screenshot. If you can't get it, then I might try and add a screenshot to my album for you.

11. Muckle_Ewe

Aug 17, 2010
    Ah cool! Good to know that works. I spent a while trying that but never got it to work but at least now I know it works. I'd be interested to see your individual level scores...

12. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, I kept trying that one off and on. And then the other day I finally got the ball to go to the right. Then I had a good feeling that I could get it. Like I said, the timing is critical, and it might take you a ton of runs to get it. But it does work.

I don't think I'm ready to divulge all of my individual scores. At least not yet. :D

13. Mrs Eyrezy

Mrs Eyrezy Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire

Aarrghh, after days of trying to better my score on A Matter of Angles I have just managed to get 642! What a pain in the butt that level is! Don't think I will be trying to improve on that score.

Many many thanks to Mike, who I now know has been giving my other half secret (brilliant) hints, hence my score now I have beat them out of him. We are battling for Number 1 in the UK and now Im ahead, yippeee!

Its comforting to know that there is a real good guy sitting comfortably in the well deserved number 1 spot.

Next target, how on earth to get more points on level 6 - Teleporters - have been trying all day with no luck and yet had no problem with level 50 :( Which damn arrow goes over that teleport, ha ha....

14. Muckle_Ewe

Aug 17, 2010
    Yeah I can get it to go right but not far enough. I take it the idea is to let the ball go so that it hits the shredder thing at the top of a spike and runs down then bounces of the next spike and runs to the right.

15. Muckle_Ewe

Aug 17, 2010
    I'm 8th in UK. 600 points behind you two... Closing in hopefully.

What's your score on teleporters?

16. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    That is exactly what you need to do -- let it hit the top of the spike, roll down, and catch some air off of the next spike. It is all about the timing!

17. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Hi Mrs Eyrezy!

Welcome to TA! Yes, I have been giving your other half some hints, but I did tell him to share with you. :) Just make sure you keep him in his place at #2. ;)

Yeah, a Matter of Angles is a level of patience, and can be extremely frustrating. Nice job on the 642, though!

I went ahead and added two new screenshots to my album for level 6. That should give you guys everything you need to deal with the teleporter.

Good luck!

18. Mrs Eyrezy

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire
    Wow just this minute got 672, after following Mikes instructions again ;)

Nice to have a fellow brit to compete against and keep the fun in the :p

About to get my score caught up with as the hubby has sussed I've been secretly hording points!

19. Mrs Eyrezy

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire
    Hi Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome. He did share them eventually, but only after letting me sit there for ages trying to copy screenshots on the trap door levels that made absolutely no sense (without sharing the secret). He found that hilariously funny!

I am having so much fun with this game though, wish there was more levels.

Getting a lot of pleasure from leapfrogging the other half on the boards just when he thinks he has the edge!

Thanks for the heads up on level 6, I have flattened my battery today because I couldnt put the thing down :)

20. Mjgibson

Mjgibson Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Thanks so much Mikeg for the hint. It sounds like I'm still in for some work though, but at least I know I'm not doing something wrong. I currently have 31,695 so every additional point seems like an accomplishment. Great game and I too hope to see more levels.