Casual game type that works well with compositions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by luniac, Mar 25, 2016.

1. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    Hey guys,

There's something i've been wondering about for awhile now and i'm curious if anyone has any thoughts.

Basically, I'm in the wonderfully frustrating world of making games, focusing on simple casual games since i'm a 1 man team.
    I also know some musical theory and often �������� around on my piano composing little random stuff here and there.
    Sometimes its funky stuff, sometimes kind of ambient atmospheric stuff, etc... not always piano sound, i got string, electric, jazz and few other sounds too.

Point is, i really want to make some casual game where i could put a bunch of little compositions into the game, but im not sure what kind of game would i make that's simple casual but would also be cool with lots of different little compositions in the game.

I was thinking maybe some kind of puzzle game with different screens, each screen having different music.
    But that's pushing the border of "casual" because there's gonna be a lot of artwork to be done and i'm not an artist. Although maybe if i made some kind of sketched art style maybe it would work.

Or maybe i can make some kind of infinite casual game where the farther you get the more new music plays or something.

But mostly i wanna do something really atmospheric and ambient, maybe even a little creepy and eery, i don't know lol lots of thoughts bouncing around...

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Your name makes me think of a sort of lunar lander, maybe sideways scrolling, moving to different landing pads triggers new music.

3. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    interesting idea regarding triggering new music, thanks.

LOL i gotta change that name to my company name!