Universal Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (by KONAMI)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 4, 2020.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh how good it is to see you 'round these parts again Cyggy. :)

Hmmm, I believe it took around 20 days of playing anywhere between 15 to 120 minute sessions.

CygnetSeven likes this.
  2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Ok I am not using a controller just playing on my
    iPad and the only time I’ve had a problem with the controls is now that I have the mist ability I am in the long library trying to pass through the mistt grate there to get to if I remember correctly the soul of bat but I just can’t get through there. How do I use the mist ability? I’m really struggling I just can’t hold the form

3. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Do you have the “Power of mist” relic that lets you use the mist form for a longer period of time

4. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Yep I got it, I turn to mist and it only lasts for a sec I jump up toward the grate and don’t even turn to mist (no matter how quick I hit the button) till I’m on the floor again

5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

How about just holding it down?

6. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Alright I finally got through the grate :p BUT I’m confused again... So I hadn’t even found everything yet and I was just exploring around trying to get everything when I happened upon Richter and ended up fighting and beating him and ...game over. Credits roll. But that’s not what’s supposed to happen right? What I remember is that now the castle is supposed to switch over to reverse castle and continue on from there. Did I screw up somewhere?

7. InsuranceMan

InsuranceMan Member

Mar 27, 2013
    No spoilers, but make sure you've explored ALL of the Catacombs and Chapel.

8. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Ohhhh yeah, I missed a ton lol I got myself sorted out and I’m on the right track now I just never actually beat Richter before I had the stuff I was supposed to have and it threw me off

9. ED27337E-0733-410E-A58C-C876AA7FDA1C.jpeg i tried to give sotn some love a few times in the past but ended up giving it all up because I did not sync with the jump and combat rhythm, and the first boss really kicked ass. But after I watched a video by my fav youtuber who kinda had a similar experience with it in the past, I decided to try it again and tried to stick with it. Boys, the game is brilliant even today! though it was released some 20 years ago. In my first playthrough, I got 60% of the map. Now I'm diving in again!

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Apologies for the necrobump, but I was just stoked to see that Konami had updated this a couple of months ago, after going against my word and deleting it. Just wanted to pop in and say that File Sharing, which I had mentioned earlier in the thread, works flawlessly. Went from a smooth-as-a-baby’s-bottom fresh install to my hardened as **** 200.6% save in mere seconds. I know iCloud is king, but having my SotN progress backed up to my laptop AND manually saved to my iCloud Drive…this is it ladies and gentlemen. The ultimate chef’s kiss!

sebgo, Skall and Alex DeLargest like this.