Castlevania: Lords of Shadow new trailers and gameplay.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Sep 21, 2010.

1. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    From what I played of Castlevania so far, it is was a worthwhile pickup, very good game according to my taste. I haven't started Enslaved yet, but I think my plan is gonna be to start it up this weekend and beat it so I can trade it in for some decent credit immediately after. My reasoning is that while Enslaved seems like a fun game with a great storyline, it probably doesn't have any replay value after you go through it the first time.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Honestly mate, I only have two words to say to that... Shinji Mikami!

3. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I'll wait for the full game reviews, obviously I only played the demo, but did not get a great first impression.

I also thought the controls were a little finicky in the game.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The controls were slightly unusual for me at first (Vanquish) but that's pretty much because it's just not played the way other games are. Once you get into the swing of things (especially in the JP demo, as it's a challenge mode so you can go for scores) it becomes second nature.

5. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
  6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Belmont's Theme.

7. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009

Some peaks at some of the later castle levels. No story spoilers.

8. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    That's a pretty good review vid. I don't know what the hell IGN and Gamespot were smoking when they gave this game a 7.5. I know there's a lot of old fashion Castlevaniers upset about how this game is different than the others, I have a feeling there was a lot of spitefulness going on because of the change when those 2 sites rated this game. But damn this game is good, to me its a 9/10 minimum and a game that will be a part of my video game collection forever.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've played a few chapters so far and I agree with the 7.5. It looks nice, the enemy character models are nice... it's all just nice. There's nothing I haven't done before, it's not giving me any new experiences, changing my perception on what games are capable or or even just wowing me with technical prowess. It's a solid game, but perhaps the reason it's so solid is because all it does is take directly from existing games and wrap it around a Castlevania story.

10. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Glad I didn't pick it up after reading this mate. I shall put it on my Xmas pressie list though.

11. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Totally true about the gameplay being a copy of other games, its done so well though that this is a rare example of it that I can say I don't mind it. Also, I actually find the presentation, story and atmosphere of this game more immersive than GOW.

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Well holy shit at the ending! I wish it was hinted a lot more during the game instead of those long drawn out Patrick Stewart narrations but that was cool as hell.

13. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Great fanart.

[​IMG]