Castlevania: Lords of Shadow new trailers and gameplay.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Sep 21, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    100% agree Johnny. Vanquish will be a solid 90%... I would bet.

As I said earlier, the longer the game, the less I want to bother buying it these days. I know I'll buy it full price, play it for 20 minutes a night and by the time I'm done with it, it'll be half price on Play.com (hahaha).

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Ah, I still need my games long. Enslaved being 8-10 hours means I'll be done with it in a day, or two days if I'm trying to make it last. I really need some replay value to get my moneys worth these days, I suppose that's why I've put so many hours into Rock Band and all it's DLC.

3. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Damn mate, do you make so much time to play games? I need you to teach me how. I spent most of my free time sitting down wasting away.

4. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I decided to pick up Castlevania too today after watching some new youtube vids posted last night.

5. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    How are you liking them both pal?

6. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
  7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    F***ing TROLLS! And f***ing baby trolls!

If I had made this post an hour earlier when I jumped down the tree trunk the title would have been F**KING SPIDERS, but I figured out the rhythm of them and now blow through them easily. But the first time I met that troll and his little friends I spent damn near 1/2 hour on them before I figured the rhythm out. That's what I get for starting the game on the hardest difficulty. Can't imagine how the vampires are going to be in later chapters. The game is HARD folks.

And there's some parts where the camera angles are a little annoying, like the end part just before you first encounter the mute girl.

But wow at the spectacle and the combat. Got the Shadow magic and I got thrills switching up between both magic and focus. It really feels different from God of War with the different meters.

Can't wait to buy some relics and go Light Magic>Hold Triangle>Jump + R2 to Divekick>Shadow Magic> Chain Storm.

That's my nigh incoherant stream of consciousness thoughts on the game, going back now to find the girl with that awesome shadow magic spell.

8. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    The videos look great freedog! Enjoy!

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Just got the money I was waiting for. Ordering Castlevania now! Should arrive tomorrow morning on my doorstep :)

10. kingcobra

kingcobra Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Let us know if its worth the full price or just to wait for a price drop....its definitely looking like a wait for me, even though the game does look beautiful

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I actually forgot to order it, haha. I had to do it before 5:30pm for morning delivery. Looks like I'll either be taking a trip into town tomorrow or ordering it for a Saturday delivery.

12. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
  13. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    This or Vanquish?

14. kingcobra

kingcobra Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    ^ I would wait until the Vanquish reviews are out...

Also, check out Borderlands game of the year, and Fallout New Vegas....2 amazing games

15. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Already buying both of those plus Medal of Honor.. Way too many good games this year :(

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm buying both, but prefered the Vanquish demo by quite a wide margin.

17. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    The Castlevania demo is now out in the U.S. I'm not sure how much justice the demo does the game, I didn't start raising my interest in the game until I saw some of the new youtube videos posted last night covering gameplay deeper into the game.

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The demo is part of chapter 1, which is part of a long combat tutorial that spans nearly 2 chapter.

When you get the light/ shadow/ focus meters with powered up sub moves, that's when it truly shines.

19. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'm going to finish DR2, sell it along with Spiderman (I need to hurry as it's going to join the bargain bin soon). Then I'm going to buy Enslaved, sell it once I'm done... Pick up Vanquish and blitz that for a while, next comes Castlevania, if it's discounted by then, great, if not, still dropping the beans on it.

20. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I tried the demo for Vanquish, I just don't see what's so great about that game, what makes it stand out... its kinda like a fast paced Gears of War, while I did get a good feeling of action while playing it, it didn't seem all that interesting, I didn't think it was bad or anything but it doesn't seem like a game that would be worth a $60 price.