iPad CastleMaze is out !! - US$1.99 Intro Price

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sserye, Jul 10, 2009.

1. sserye

sserye Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    SV
    #1 sserye, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
    Hi,

We are proud to announce the amazing Castlemaze for iPhone and iPodTouch.

What is CastleMaze?
    The amazing world of mazes, riddles, keys, doors, secret places, gardens, caves and much more...

Game Objective:
    Find all they keys to open up your imagination and they will bump up your skills to open each one of the doors that will take you to an unique world and at the end you will find the hidden treasure inside the Castlemaze medieval castle.

Features:
    Sensational 3D world.
    Multitouch advancing controls.

We were inspired by games titles like Myst and RealMaze 3D.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game Video:
    video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK30lXcSOC0

AppStore Link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320999053&mt=8

We hope you enjoy playing this game as we enjoyed developing it.

Regards,

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I am intrigued. The 3D environments look real nice, the only think I'm not sure of is longevity...how many hours of gameplay would you say it provides?

Oh, and also, it's not really an "FPS" because there's no Shooting

3. sserye

sserye Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    SV
    It depends... you can complete the game in a whole day or less if you play it until finished...

4. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Ok, whatever. I gotta leave now, but if no one has downloaded by the time I get back I might toftt

5. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    How many keys are there to find?

6. sserye

sserye Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    SV
    Hi, you have to find 3 keys. The first one is really easy to find. The others ones, are hidden, but there are some gems around the game with tips to find them out...Each key opens a door in the main room. You will find many books with tips and secrets around the game, so is better to stop and read them.

7. imaumac

imaumac Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    This game is nice, sounds, graphics, and insid history. very awosome !

8. jonathan likes iphone

jonathan likes iphone Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    This looks really nice.

9. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    It's a fun little game with cool environments to walk through, but it's not really like a maze until the bit towards the end, since there really aren't a lot of different routes to take. I finished this game in about 20 minutes, but maybe I'm extremely lucky. But it IS fun and I would recomend it, despite the short gameplay.

10. sserye

sserye Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    SV
    Hi,

Yeah, you have been really lucky, but we are happy to know that you finished.
    We are developing an scene where you can get out the castle with the treasure, so stay in touch....

Thanks for your post.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Replay value???

12. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    There is not much replay value since it's only one maze and once you finish it you're done. But if the dev says they are going to add more to the game, like having to escape the castle with the treasure and hopefully some new puzzles I might replay it.

13. sserye

sserye Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    SV
    Hi,

Just to clarify, there are three differents mazes in the game, each door you open is a new one with a new complexity.

Regards,

14. imaumac

imaumac Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #14 imaumac, Jul 10, 2009
    Very Nice Game, and I have not finished all the maze
    I love the medieval environment of the game, Its reminds me some parts of Myst.

I hope to finish and complete the whole game this weekend.
    In general, Very interesting and excellent game for curious people.
    nice ! nice game. !!!!

15. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    I can see how it's three mazes, but they are all needed to finish the game, so i counted it as one big maze. Like I said I really enjoyed this game and I would encourage everybody to give it a try and I hope maybe more mazes will be added to it in the future.

16. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I guess I can't really justify to myself paying one dollar for every ten minutes of gameplay...

17. sserye

sserye Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    SV
    Hi,

It depends how fast you are resolving mazes....:) so i bet you to try it out!

18. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    #18 Fletch, Jul 10, 2009
    Ok, so I just played through the whole game. It took me a total of 40 minutes. I can say that my experience with the game, was very enjoyable, just too short. The controls work great, and the framerate is solid. The graphics are also very nice, for the most part. You created a nice little world serrye, but you just gotta find some way to increase the longevity if you want to see some real sales. A few ideas, off the top of my head...

-make thee different environments more maze-y. The second maze had pratically no forks in it. You cited Realmaze 3D as inspiration, think aobut how hectic it gets trying to find you're way out of one of those mazes, and try to transfer some of the confusion into yours. Put simply, for a maze game, there just wasn't enough maze. Adding more twists and turns, would also increase the length of gameplay, as it would take longer for players to find the keys. Get us lost :)

-Add in more side puzzles like the one in the last maze

-Add other creatures/people to interact with - e.g. a dragon in the forest that you have to sneek past,

-instead of gems, have people that will give you hints, but at the price of doing a side mission

-Add in weapons :) and people/creatures to duel along the way

-Make some parts of the maze randomly generated, to provide replay value

That's all I got for now...

19. sserye

sserye Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    SV
    Fletch,

Thanks for you comments, and suggestions. We will use them to improve the game in every update.