Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks for clearing that up. It did catch me off guard into getting something different than i initially thought i bought for.

On that note, the doubler does seem to need a little improvement as it isnt making an impact for the permanent price to activate it.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #142 TheFrost, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Good to know that the coin doubler was a bug. Will buy it now. Lets see...

3. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Wow what a pleasant surprise this game is! I do not like tower defense games and plants vs zombies also could not keep my interest , but all these positive comments made me curious so , although not intendet, I bought the game. and I am glad I did! Before I knew it 1,5 hour passed and I was having a blast. The game does not feel like a TD at all .. It has loads of humour and you somehow get captivated by all the action that is going on, the interactable traps give me the feeling that I am in control and not the usual TD feeling of watching a preset movie. The crisp graphics eery sound and general atmosphere makes this game the best I have played in a very long time.

4. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I think this might be a little bugged, I've just had at least eight running at once on stage seven numerous times and I can't get it to trigger.

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#145 Bronxsta, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    This game is so good. Tons of tactics and strategy and the diverse enemies really add a lot of challenge. The visuals have so much character and charm and the manual traps give the game a tactile element that other TD games don't have. Recommended

As for the whole IAP debate, I'll post my thoughts later once I've played more, but as of now, seems the game feels balanced and progressing nicely.
    ---
    As for suggestions, got two environment ideas
    - Moon base (every proper bad guy needs a moon base)
    - Jungle temple (potential for some tribal/ancient ruin type traps or minions)

6. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    can anyone please explain the powerups? i can't find any description on them. also how do we get more?

nuke - just kills everything.
    shell princess - makes the princess into a shell?
    remove cost of next unit - that's it?

7. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

We'll take a look at this -- thanks for bringing to our attention. (In the meantime, one potential option if anyone runs into a broken To-Doom: the "skip" button will fully complete it for you. Obviously not an true solution (since you have to have to spend a few coins to skip a to-doom), but thought I'd mention it as an option for those who want to free-up that To-Doom slot to move on to the other ones until we've had time to fix it)

Bronxsta: Glad you're enjoying it :) LOVE the moon base suggestion! (For some reason my mind went to the old Duck Tales game...) Thanks!

8. GrumpyfaceChris

Doomsday missiles deal big damage across the entire castle. Usually kills the majority of heroes inside the castle -- but it's not a guarantee they'll all get hit/killed

Princess Shield adds armor around the Scream Machine, which means heroes will need to spend time breaking it before they can seize her

Mega Scream automatically resets all cooldowns in a pinch and makes the next trap you pick cost 0 Screams

And finally, you can get more power-ups using Evilness (the little blue tokens awarded from completing challenges at the end of each level). You buy them from a shop window that's displayed when you tap on a deactivated Power-Up button (they deactivate after you use them once in a level), or tapping on a Power-Up button that is depleted (as in, you have zero left)

9. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
  10. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Hey devs, awesome game, but I was wondering if you will be adding iphone 5 support to your sandwiches game? I was thinking of purchasing it becuae of how good this game is but it doesn't support the 5's screen

11. GrumpyfaceChris

Hi cowtruck,

Unfortunately there aren't plans at this time, though we'd love to go back and do it one day if we get the chance.

The game will still play on 5/5S screens, though unfortunately it will have black bars on the side. However, Bring Me Sandwiches!! still holds a special place in our heart and we're still really proud of it -- hope you get a chance to check it out anyway (especially if you're a fan of platformers!)

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    @GrumpyfaceChris: Will you tweak the doubler to make it more rewarding? It doesnt really do much as it is right now.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well I mentioned earlier in the thread (maybe you missed it?) about adding more Minions since the choices in here are rather slim, and the first minion seems the most usable.

Also I mentioned maybe adding persistent "villains" like Kingdom Rush where they stay on the map and help. Though they wouldn't be too powerful or have some sort of limitation.

Or were you asking for an exact type like "evil robot minion" that can electrocute stun enemies or a giant "rock" minion that can shove enemies backwards?

14. GrumpyfaceChris

As it is right now it's meant to be a more long-term/game-lifetime benefit, however I understand that it could be improved. We are evaluating it and should any changes be made I'll definitely update this forum. Thanks for your feedback -- we never take player's requests lightly

Thanks for the ideas -- we always consider all types of requests, both broad and specific. (For Super Mole Escape, we came up with and added the "Gizmole" character after a number of fans said they'd love to see a robot, for example ;) )

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Cheers for the response to be Honsest given how much I'm playing it losing 500 coins to skip isn't a massive deal, but it definitely doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried it 3 times now and on (I think) level 1-10 and seen at least 7 running on each occasion.... Using a touch 5th gen iOS 7 if that helps.

Still an ace game tho and loving every minute of it despite that!

16. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Some more ideas (could already be in the game, because I haven't unlocked everything yet):

Manual
    - Mind Control Ray (tap and hold on a hero to select, temporarily causes hero to fight other heroes, upgrades allow you to convert more than one hero at a time, allow you to control more advanced heroes, etc.)
    - Hungry Shark Worm (a mutant shark/worm hybrid burrow, placed on wall, tap to eat passing hero, cooldown while worm digests hero, upgrades reduce cooldown, eat multiple heroes in a row

Minions
    - Shield Minions - wield a riot shield and actively push heroes back
    - Spider Minions - very acrobatic, can crawl on ceilings and jump across gaps, but weak

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Repeatable bug: if you try to build a trap outside the castle and get the pop-up saying "traps must be build in the castle" (or something like that) when "next wave" is about to happen, the castle won't expand and the princess won't be moved.

18. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #158 Mack the Knife, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    i'm an old man and may not live long enough to read through the previous 16 pages so i apologize if my questions have been answered. i did read that people are calling "these" currencies and i think grumpychris even said the names.

1. in the upper right corner are the "currencies", right? top one with the ! let's you activate the stuff in your box along the bottom of the game (traps, etc), correct? the babe screaming supplies these, right?

2. the second one that looks like gold from Lords of Waterdeep is used for buying and upgrading stuff, correct? and you get these by winning, killing heroes, and keeping the babe inside her iron lung machine, yes?

3. dunno what the third (blue face) thingy is and how you get more.

thanks for any help!!

@grumpychris - wanted to note a small thing. i have an iPad2 and Apple only allows 13 characters for the app name on the home screen. yours comes out as 'CastleDoom...' so you are trying to use more (CastleDoomBad probably) and it is thus truncated and looks dumb. could you please fix in an update? Maybe just shorten it to 'Doombad' or just 'CastleDoom' - thanks

19. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    The only problem with this is that it won't let you play music in the background. Please fix this ASAP.

20. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Thank you for the reply, I just managed to complete it by only using treadmills in the castle with no other traps laid down if that is any help.