Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm starting to like spikes, ac, acid all on one and use to use the fire cannon but prefer the harpoon seems to do more damage, also using trolls with the manual plunger weapon in the space before him.

So far I've got everything unlocked apart from the few weapons at the end which unlocked once I got more traps. Have all of my equipment slots and fully upgraded nearly everything...will take a few more hours yet.

I am not on endless yet but still keep thinking if like to be able to leave the game and it save where I am up to on endless mode. Also come across my first bug with the princess floating in the air if any dev wants to see just pm.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just wanted to come and say I reached stage 7 I believe it was and my Game Center achievements started working!

3. SuperMonkey9988

SuperMonkey9988 Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hmmm, looks interesting; and quite similar to the wii final fantasy spinoff game, my life as a dark lord. If it's anything like that game, I'll for sure buy this one.

4. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've just checked and mine have started working too!

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    They must of found the problem. :)

6. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #106 Intendro, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Looks like there's only one save file. :(
    Virtually every game should have more than one save file for playing through the game again without sacrificing one's "complete" file.

Can I view my achievements without Game "doesn't work offline" Center? :rolleyes:
    I really do not like Game Center. It does not work right. If I accomplished something offline, I shouldn't need to hope it actually syncs to an online server to count as accomplished. It was accomplished, so where's the offline list? Horrible design. Will Apple ever fix it? :eek:

Scrolling and letting go of the screen snaps the view into specific spots, which feels kind of weird to me. An option to have the view stay wherever I let go would be nice.

And here's a minor annoyance: "CastleDoo..."
    The name doesn't fit under the icon on my iPhone 5.
    "C. Doombad" would fit. :p

7. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    What is evilness for?

8. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

#108 GrumpyfaceChris, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Hello Intendro,

Unfortunately having multiple save files is simply a feature that takes a bit of time to implement cleanly, QA, and so on. We definitely would've liked to have included it had time allowed -- hopefully in the future if the opportunity will present itself. For now I hope people find the game to be very replayable even with only one save state (and we do have a 'reset data' if anyone ever does want a clean slate to start fresh)

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't an offline list, however I can tell you that if you DO get an achievement offline, Castle Doombad will re-sync achievements earned offline the next time you have an internet connection (on a game restart).

Ha, good catch! "Castle Doo" is disturbing

Evilness is earned from the optional "To-Doom" challenges. It can be used to buy more power-ups (shield, mega-scream, missiles) when you run out of 'em, and also for the "Princess Recapture" button (the flying monkey)

9. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Just wanted to stop back after spending some time with the game and say this game is a real gem, very fun and enjoyable to play. Great job with Castle Doombad GrumpyfaceChris, I hope it brings you and your team lots of success.:)

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I loooooved Wispin and super mole escape and was sad when SME went free. Glad to see the premium price on this which is so rare coming from adult swim nowadays. Fingers crossed REALLY hard this does well commercially

I'm gonna go buy it now :D

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just wanted to come back and say WOW!!! I'm only halfway through the second chapter, but I'm so hooked. If there was anything that could have pulled me away from the new Sonic racing game, I'm not at all surprised it was a Grumpyface game. It's definitely going to secure a permanent place on my phone.

I have had one little frustrating nitpicky thing to bring up though...

If the princess is taken and you're on the bottom floor, the camera automatically jumps up to the top of the castle. Is there any way to disable this if you have a trap (or more specifically, the trash can/delete icon) selected? It seems like almost every time my princess is taken it's when I'm trying to delete traps and it screws me all up...

I can see why it's done, and I'm not expecting anything to change... But an option to turn off the snap to camera would be awesome. Other than that, this game is absolutely friggin fantastic.

12. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I have read a lot of positive comments about grumpy face studios , which games have they made?

13. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    One question, I'm unsure if I still get the crown if the princess gets moved at all, or if she has to be in the same spot 100% of the level? I have just one master level left before the first world is completely done, and I've done 9 stages of the second world. This is so good. I'm actually really impressed we had such a good week (IMO of course) only three weeks into the year. I'm going to check out both other games from Grumpy as I'm blown away by how good this is.

14. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Put about 1.25 hours in. The game is definitely super fun. I love being able to upgrade traps etc. If you like tower defense games, don't miss this.

I really enjoy when the princess it grabbed because then I replay the level with a different strategy. ;)

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I remember Wispin and Super Mole Escape is from them. I think Bring Me Sandwiches is by them too, together with a Cartoon Network brawler game which the title i cant remember.

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Anyone that purchased the doubler care to comment on their experience with it?

I installed this at hour zero but haven't even opened it lol

17. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Definitely been acid drip, spikes, ac with lil minions as the backbone. Very impressed with the ballistas though since they can fire diagonally through gaps to other floors which surprised me.

Still playing around with ideas and I ground out almost all traps by the second chapter because I was having so much fun experimenting. Upgrading the scream generators was definitely the best to do first.

Surprised that the uber minion doesn't really impress me.

18. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amazing game indeed!

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I initially ignored the game due to me thinking its a cheap game. I have no idea how positive the reviews are here (other than iAP that I honestly don't care about). Bought, downloading and can't wait to play it! :D

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Anyone know any better level to grind? Been doing 10 in chapter 1 as it's really quick and easy to do and gives 400 crown reward.