Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

The To-Dooms can be completed on any level -- you can even complete them in the endless mode too, or you can go back to earlier easier levels to complete them if you're having trouble but you're far into the game. They are basically meant to be more of a "sidequest" type of things to add extra variety to your goals, rather than the main focus

The reason you can only see 3 at a time is because you're meant to basically advance through them and unlock the later/harder challenges. However, we'll definitely consider a way to be able to view all the ones you've previously completed. Thanks for the feedback!

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    As far as I can see the to dooms are not per level but for the entire game (crush 10 foes with manual trap, slow 10 foes with over active AC, etc)

3. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I figured that game title out thanks to a post on the review. The game this looks very similar to is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A Dark Lord.

That game was great and I have wanted a similar title. This looks to be it! Also, for those of you who enjoy this game, you might want to check out FFCC:MLAADL on wii ware as well. Hopefully it's on wii u...

Grats on the 5 star :)

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    None of them. Thanks for looking into it!

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Damn, you find some of the best, most inventive games on iOS. This one has had me going all morning for sure five stars. A lot of work went into this as well as some love and it shows through! Great game, GOTW locked for sure ;)

6. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #86 Intendro, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Are there multiple save files? I might want to try going through the game again... without upgrades so it's harder. :p
    ...without sacrificing my save file. :eek:
    (Seems to be one file. See my next post for more comments.)

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Great game, but the achivements aren't working for me in Game Center either.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    GOTW - Definitely. Didn't even bother with any of the others.

I just wish there were more minion options! I love actually having units (or villians) on the field. Maybe even add signature characters that are prevailent like Kingdom Rush.

Anyhow, everything seems great. I do hope this game doesn't fly by too fast because I beat world 1 fairly quickly and there's only 2 more worlds left (not counting the endless world).

9. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    review has brought my attention here

1. How long is this game?
    2. Replayability?
    3. Challenge?
    4. rpg elements?

10. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    GOTW! Great game. Reminds me a little of Tiny Heroes, but it is way more polished and better balanced. Well worth the price and i am glad that it is not free to play. Highly recommended!

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A lot of this is already answerd the dev said the game can be 7/9 hours for some people to do the campaign and dabble in endless mode and even longer to unlock everything.

Replayability - Well you can play missions over again to earn extra coin early for upgrade or new traps/minions play them again for fun or to complete the quests and there's endless mode too.

Challenge - Trying to complete all of the quests/challenges along with the game and endless of course : )

Rpg - I'd say the buying of traps and upgrading them is very rpg like as you can chose which you want to buy and which to upgrade and when. Fun to chose which to take into battle and the different strategies for each.

Just really good all round as I just personally played level 10 over and over again simply because it's really easy and to unlock new traps and try them and buy upgrades. Probably been doing it for hours actually...I like to test them all out and see what I like and then I'll carry on playing through the game again to complete it with my favourite toys : )

Also I have to say this game is amazing on battery life, my phone always dies quickly yet I just played for a very long time and still had plenty of life left.

12. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Is it or is there a portrait mode?

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I saw adult swim and thought it was freemium. That 5 star review woke me up 8| I might have to get this haha

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Completely worth the buy :) to the poster above you: no portrait mode.

15. GrumpyfaceJustin

GrumpyfaceJustin New Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Hey everyone, Dev here and long time lurker of the forums. Just wanted to pop in and say THANKS SO MUCH for all the love! We really appreciate it! Keep the feedback coming, both positive and negative. We want this game to be the best that it can be!

Also as rich said, there is no portrait mode. Sorry geno! :(

Thanks again everyone!

16. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Congrats on all the great reviews dudes. I wasn't goin to consider this as I usually relate adult swim to freemium games but all the great posts and reviews have made me pay attention!

My only question is this! Will the game go freemium in the near future!? The worry I have is that the game looks to have freemium elements like premium currency! And I will be raged if I buy then it becomes F2P!!!!

17. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    This game is a fantastic strategy title, has brilliant art style and animation, gameplay is fun and creative, levels are very replayable and the amount and range of traps / minions is a good size.

I would only ask for an update to allow pinch zooming so we can zoom in to the action as it would be great to see the characters up close.

Please feel free to develop extra expansion packs also as I will definitely be up for getting new level designs and brand new trap designs !!!

5 out of 5 stars! Bravo!

Or should I say, mwah hah harrrr!

18. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Screw it! Got bored and just downloaded it anyway!!!

Loved it instantly so just threw down a nice 5star review on the AppStore for you guys! Great work

19. GrumpyfaceJustin

GrumpyfaceJustin New Member

Jan 9, 2014
    #99 GrumpyfaceJustin, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Hey wigz! Thanks so much for the kind words and the review! Its much appreciated!

RickyBrooke, Thanks so much for the suggestions! We love this type of feed back! We definitely listen and appreciate it!

20. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It's been a while since I got hooked on a game like this. I didn't do anything I was supposed to do today because the time just disappeared as I played as an Evil mastermind setting traps...I love it. Everything about this game really works, even the icon is awesome! Tons of content and replayability...seriously doh.

Anyone have a favorite technique? I've been doing segments of spikes-AC-buzz saw all on the same square, with fireball cannon shooting at it...and it's hilarious.