Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well achievements are unlocking in game but not when you go into Game Center. Anyone else have this issue? Loving the game though.

2. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Is it just me or is that game basically the same as Tiny Heroes, just from another angle ?

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Damnit, I wasn't going to get any games this week (getting fewer games was my resolution for 2014...), and I was fine with this being an Adult Swim game and not getting it right away, but then finding out it's done by Grumpyface, one of my favorite development teams, I had to run up to the bank and throw what change I could find into my account this morning hoping I had enough there to get this and wound up with a balance of 3.76... =oD

Anyway, I can't wait to get into it. EVERY ONE of your previous games are still on my phone, and I'm sure this will secure its own place as well. =oD

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Enjoying playing and so far my only difficulty is deciding which traps/minions I want to take and upgrade : ( personally I blame the developer for making them all fiendishly good!

But yes on a serious note still enjoying it and well worth the price, so far certainly no need for any IAP, great graphics and gameplay and no bugs for me as of yet.

5. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    There was a game on either Wii shop or psn that this looks a lot like and that game was fantastic. I wish I could remember the name because this makes me want to replay that again. I'll definitely be downloading this today. It is always a huge plus factor for me when the devs take time to participate in the forums.

It's too bad past games soil iap. I like the idea behind this game's currency. But people see dual currency and assume the worst. Also, the game is 3 bucks... I am pretty sure I paid 15 for the unknown title I mentioned. Sure I like a deal but in reality Id pay 10 for a game like this. Crazy how the ios market is. I suppose ios gets more downloads than psn, wii shop etc so maybe that off sets it. Man I really rambled off course and I know you wanted to nix the iap talk, sorry :) I'll post my thoughts later. If anyone remembers the game I mentioned, let me know!

6. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Rocks

Loving the game like I do pretty much every adult swim game :) very fun and can't wait to tackle endless mode for leaderboards. Great buy and well worth it.

7. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone! I can't tell you how much of a joy it is to see this sort of reception -- our games are our babies, and releasing them into the world is quite a scary thing... so when it goes over well it's always a relief ;)

Hmm, are none of your achievement appearing, or is it just the Mind Your Manor one? (we had another report about that one) Also ,did you try quitting the game (kill in multitasking) and reopen it and looking again?

We'll be taking a look today at bugs in general and will likely have a fix for issues like this in a few days -- thanks for reporting :)

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Really diggin this game so far. Haven't played a whole lot (level 11) but what I have played is quite enjoyable. Of the three games I purchased this week this is the best. Hopefully it gets enough attention to warrant new content.

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Also, is there any way to see the list of to-doom that has been completed and the list that has not been completed? I can't tell at all. Are the lists only available in GameCenter? What happen if you don't use GameCenter?

10. Fuzzyaardvark

Fuzzyaardvark Active Member

Dec 24, 2011
    UK
    I just want to echo what everyone else is saying... this is truly a great game. I was awake until the early hours of the morning playing it.

I see on the front page that it has just been given a 5 star review. Well deserved.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aaaaand a 5-star review from TA. Looks like im buying another game today.

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    It's 100% worth every penny.(Or your regional equivalent ;))

13. Sternstunden

Sternstunden Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Just watched about 2min of that gameplay video and I am soooo sold. This is how iOS gaming should be! I Love these Kind of games :)

14. GrumpyfaceChris

Hi y2kmp3,

No, I'm afraid that you can only see the three "To-Dooms" you have active. However, To-Dooms are actually infinite challenges -- once you complete the 30 unique challenges they reset and you can play through all of them again (and get the rewards again).

15. GrumpyfaceChris

16. Diverge

Diverge Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Can you play the same game save on multiple devices like plants vs zombies 2?

17. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Stellar reviews have sold me!

18. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Reminds me of Orcs must die on Pc

19. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    This defiantly takes tower defence to a whole NEW level. It's completely different from any TD I've played but they've executed perfectly.

When I see Adult Swim I think of small little mini games on the mobile platform. I was skeptical at first but all these great reviews make up my mind.

They were all right! It's a lot of fun and I can't wait to continue playing. It's pretty challenging and all the traps & towers are nifty.

20. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Are these "To-Dooms" challenges predetermined for each level or are they just randomly allocated for each level?

Please consider having a separate list showing the current round of 30 "To-Dooms" so we can track which ones need to do to maximize the reward.