Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    How about we stop attacking CookingPie? He has his own priorities and everyone else's is different so yea. I don't want another fight thread... Literally!

2. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    The update is now live (at least I'm seeing it, may take longer to get out everywhere). :D

3. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Yup. Just updated! Can't wait to play. Awesome new icon!

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Why oh why couldn't this be 99mb so I could download the update at work lol.

5. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    I forgot to mention that this update also includes iCloud support and saving in Endless Mode. I know a lot of folks really wanted both of those. :)

6. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    iCloud support? That sells it for me. Nothing I hate more than games which don't backup save progress. Most people have more than one device and get a new one every 1-2 years so if you are into a game and need to delete and reinstall it at a later date you want to be able to restore progress.

7. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    #447 extreme472000, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    This update is broken :(. Now it no longer fits my full iphone 6 screen. Update** i reinstalled and that fixed it.

8. CookingPie

CookingPie Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Eh?
    I'm not saying it's not worth the price. The current price is fine. Just know that occasionally, a price drop can boost sales and potential customers who had their beady eyes on other games (of which there are many) may just look this way. Then the Dev gets a sale he otherwise wouldn't have had !

Congrats with the update. It's great that the Dev is still bringing more content to this fairly old game!

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo sounds good, I wish it could reclaw my old save back though : ( but I'm sure I'll play through again at some point anyway as even when I was grinding the game for currency it didn't feel like a grind.

10. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    So we've gotten some reports that the upgrade has wiped some people's progress. Anyone updated successfully? During testing we did upgrade testing and had no issues, so we're trying to track down what the problem might be. Anyone who's upgraded, please let me know what device, iOS version, and whether it successfully brought your progress over. Thanks!

11. cowtruck123

Oct 13, 2012
    I didn't loose any progress

12. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Which version of the game are you on? Premium or free? And what device/OS? Thanks! :D

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #453 syntheticvoid, May 28, 2015
    WOW!!!

Mind=blown.

I'm totally diggin the new update. I was pretty surprised to see that I hadn't already bought the coin doubler, so I went ahead and snagged it... I might wind up buying a couple of coin packs too. =oP

The new stages are definitely cool, but having the new traps is awesome. I just re-installed this about a week ago and am about half way through the third original world, but now I've gone back and started playing from 1-6 just to take advantage of the new traps... build em up a bit (it's almost like a sequel...). =oP
    The daily challenge is also a fantastic addition... I can totally see this as something I get really into after completing the game again. =oD

Anyway... as we've kind of come to expect, Grumpyface knocks it out of the park with this update. =oD

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

**edit**

oh yeah, updated, no issues, kept my progress... iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2 not jailbroken

14. doudemoTed

doudemoTed Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Why should I see Ads in Paid Version??

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^ They're not always there - just when a new Adult Swim game is released, and I haven't seen any since I bought the currency doubler...

16. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    That's technically not an "ad" - it's a cross-promotion. And yeah as synthetic said, it's only when we release a new game.

17. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

#457 GrumpyfaceChris, May 28, 2015
    Hey all,

First of all: thanks synthetic and others for the support and love as always! We were very excited to go back to Doombad, a game that we love, and add some fun new additions we thought everyone would enjoy (and that we wanted to see ourselves!) As always we had a great time working with the nice folks at Adult Swim!

Now for the bad news: unfortunately we've discovered that the Free To Slay version is NOT correctly retaining save states when updating to the newest version of the game. The FTS version will temporarily be pulled off the App Store until a fix is available.

If you already have the new Free to Slay version (or if your device has automatically downloaded it), the upcoming fix update will still be able to recover your full save data as long as you don't progress in the new version of the game -- so for now, FTS users should hold off on playing the update until we can get a fix out (which hopefully will not be longer than a few days -- I will update this thread as well as our twitter when it's available http://www.twitter.com/grumpyface ).

Very sorry for this unfortunate issue, FTS players. Thanks again all

18. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    No worries, I Pay-to-Slay. ;-)

19. cowtruck123

Oct 13, 2012
    Paid. Current iOS. Air 2

20. Mrtanner69

Mrtanner69 Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Endless mode still broken. It drops the 8th trap and the save fails a lot of the time.