Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

We have a few exciting things in the works, but not much I can reveal atm other than to say we'll have more than one big new release this year :) I'm hoping we will have the opportunity to share some pre release previews over the next few months, which we aren't always able to do.

Thanks very much for the interest!

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Since there's already Endless, charging people for "proper Endless" sounds kind of a rip off. :eek:

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Not really since the endless at the minute was just thrown together and rushed and isn't a real endless mode it's more of a how long have you got to sit in one go mode.

4. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    wow I love the new Boulder Manual Trap, so much fun!

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I looooooooooooooooove this icon :)

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    How come my icon didnt change post update? I want the new icon!

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The new update...

SUPERB!!! I can FINALLY play the Endless mode without worrying about the little bugs - the new world is awesome, the new items are awesome... it's just... great! Definitely worth the wait!

Thank you so so so so so much Grumpyface! =oD

8. GrumpyfaceChris

Ah whoops, I didn't mean to mislead: that themed icon wasn't chosen to go live (instead it was decided to stick with the classic icon) and I was sharing it here more for a behind the scenes thing for you guys to check out. Sorry it didn't get used!

Awesome, thanks syntheticvoid! We felt bad that some of those bugs went unfixed for a number of weeks.. the fixes end obviously ended up getting rolled into this content update which took a little longer to get out. Either way, glad you're enjoying everything so far!

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think of the difficulty level of the last few Slaycation chapters. It gets a bit devious :)

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm going to sit down and try and put a few hours into this later this evening, looks cool though and adult swim don't usually publish rubbish so I'm thinking this is a safe bet. :D

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks GrumpyfaceChris for the game! Will open it up later today

11. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Really enjoying the game. Thanks for the sale.

12. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    About random trap select...

Scream generator is pretty much required. This is a problem for random select. :eek:

Looks like you can see which traps were randomly selected by whether the trap says equip or unequip. *evil laugh* :p

13. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    It's workin fine tons of fun thanks for the sale!!!!

14. GrumpyfaceChris

That's the beauty of the randomize traps feature though.. it gets you out of your comfort zone and forces you to change up your normal strategies! :) Although the scream generator is a hugely useful tool, it's definitely possible to beat even some of the harder stages without it if you get strategic enough. (Also, if you have all traps unlocked, the slot machine and iron maiden both work as scream generator alternatives, believe it or not...)

BTW regarding that 'equip/unequip' secret for seeing randomized traps... we caught this one too late to fix... d'oh! Consider it a cheat code for now ;)

Awesome! Glad to hear it :)

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    A lot of the time I'm not taking a scream generater opting to take a full list of traps instead. :D haven't tried random selection yet but I'll certainly be trying it out when I've finished the normal levels.

16. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Quick question, Castle Doombad has very good ratings throughout and is currently on sale as well.

Its just, that I absolutely hate Tower Defense games. Or at least they usually do nothing for me.
    I played the original Plants vs Zombies for some levels and enjoyed it, as well as the first of the Anomaly series.

But after playing some levels I always lost interest and never touched them again.
    Also tried some free ones, but never got into them.

Is CD somehow "different" and do you think I might like it anyway?

Its not so much about the Dollar itself, but I'd hate to have another game I dont play ...

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It's definitely one of the most unique TD games I've played, maybe more so than PvZ. I think this is different because 1. It requires constant attention and manual activation of some traps, making it more hands on. And 2. There's a bunch of upgrades for every tower. I'd say trying it is worth the buck.

18. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Meanwhilte I bought it, played to level 9 ... and already I am bored :-(
    It's not the game's fault, I even love the humor. But it seems TD is just not for me.

19. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #399 Intendro, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    I'm not strategic enough to win a hard stage with minimal resources due to lack of resource generator. The number of heroes gets massive, they destroy my traps... :eek:

I could just cheat with the glitch to see if the scream generator is selected... I don't usually cheat, but of course I could exit the stage anyway if the scream generator wasn't selected. Same thing. Not exactly cheating then, is it? :p

Eh? I seem to be missing all of my achievements. Including one of the new ones. :confused:
    [They've shown up again.]

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I seen the one and only updated review in the UK App Store and the person called the game simple and a bit of fun, side scrolling but it isn't either of those. Had to update my review just so hopefully his doesn't put people off.