Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You've answered about IAP very well already now but you'll still sadly get people coming in and not even reading a couple of posts above to see the answer.

I'll be picking it up tonight as it's the only game I want so far this week. As for your comment on endless I'll have to wait to see how the game plays to see if I like it being just see how far you can get in one run. Doesn't a run take long then I assume? Normally I'd of thought it gets increasingly difficult and you see how long you can last but would like it to save upon exit as it is on a portable device : )

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Unfortunately, people would rather think the worst even when proven wrong. I know we've had some examples of extreme greed but we've also had examples of benevolence. The amount of negativity in most threads is quite surprising. I for one am very much looking forward to the game! Cheers for producing a premium model game that looks very appealing!

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Its PikPok, so my reaction is natural for me. Too many games by them like that already for me to not be afraid.

4. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    It's not PikPok...the developer has already corrected you on that :p

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Looks like a great game. I'll be checking it out tonight. Thanks for keeping IAP optional.

6. This is an Adult Swim game.

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Who was playing this? They did terrible.

8. Xissoric

Xissoric Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    If you're going to ask a question, why don't you read the answer you receive. Instead, you just made yourself look pretty dumb. The dev has already stated that they are not PikPok literally a couple posts up.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Dude, it's not PikPok.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sigh... $3 entry price, with a doubler god knows how much. I dont care about consumables, but the entry price+doubler is giving me headache whether to get this or not. Looks really good though.

11. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Gonna play this tomorrow looks like the best game this week, if it plays as good as it looks it will be much fun.

12. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    i have to ask, does it play on ipod 4G?

13. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    The doubler is there (1.99), but is not a necessary purchase. The economy is balanced very nicely/evenly in my (biased?) opinion. I think players are going to have fun with this game without buying the doubler.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I can't comment yet as I don't have the game but I agree on the whole in my experience doublers are just there to speed things up and I have never ever purchased one in any game and still enjoyed them so don't let that put you off.

Just over 2 hours left for me : (

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I know its Adult Swim and not PikPok... I just speak from my past PikPok experiences...

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Also, just watched Sanuku video and the game looks awesome. Time for some castle defense! (Buying in 1 hours 14 minutes)

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Glad you come around : )

18. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    After watching sanuku's video, it's another game I'll have to pick up. It looks awesome!

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The only thing that interests me this week. I was hoping for a bunch of new releases for the new year but doesn't seem like too many that are eye catching. I was hoping for FF6....

20. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Definitely a day 1 buy not in small part to the gameplay vid and the developer chat in this thread. Well done and happy gaming!