Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Don't know if this has been adressed or not.... But the icon name reads " CastleDoo..." Is there any plans to change it? Possibly to just "Doombad"?

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It has already been mentioned and the dev knows.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #223 Exact-Psience, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Was looking at my purchases on itunes last night and i remembered Stop the Knights which reminded me of Castle Doombad, and they are pretty similar. Main difference is that it is more focused on summoning units than placing traps.

Anyone else played this before?

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, actually now that you bring it up, I remember it, and Tiny Heroes and one other game - I think it was freemium and more 3D, but with an isometric view. I can't think of the name right now... I think it had 'keep' in the name... =oP

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Searched it on the UK store but barely any reviews and no screenshots. Had to search on the Internet, doesn't look anywhere near as good but maybe in its day? I'd try for free but don't want to buy it now.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I tried dungeon keeper on my Canadian account for a while but deleted it pretty soon after. Tired of playing games with timers I wouldn't wen remotely compare it to this. Maybe the old versions.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Dungeon Keeper. That were the times. Slapping goblins was priceless. When Castle Doombad goes underground on the third chapter it reminded me a bit of that. Good times.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Which one? Stop the Knights? It's got an average of 4.5 stars on the PH appstore with about 100 reviews.

It is pretty easy to say Castle Doombad tops it in most ways though.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yes in the UK store it has only about 8 reviews and all for previous version before bug fix update.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The bane of being unpopular. LOL.

It is pretty good though. I remember playing through it and enjoying it mostly.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I would love to Give Stop the Knights a try because honestly I love summoning units more but looking at the only 1 gameplay video on Youtube it looks pretty dated and cluttered. It seems more of "spamming as many units as fast as you can" than any strategy. And it looks like it was free at some point so I probably don't think it's good enough to buy. But the art seems nice. I just think that the game play might be a let down like those other scroller defense games where you just have to spam as fast as possible.

13. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    It looks like screams that aren't grabbed are automatically grabbed after some time. Maybe coins too? (I don't have the doubler.)
    Considering you'd have to scroll all over the place because of multiple floors... That's good. :)

14. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    This is indeed the case.

15. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok so you guys said this is like tiny heros, which I tried, it was ok but nothing amazing, is this way better? and yes I do like tower defense games.

and im sorry how many levels are in this game?

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    SOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTUR. Tiny Heroes didnt grab me that long til i abandoned it.

This however, has a permanent spot on my ipad air, and im not even a fan of defense games in general.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It is so much better and has 45 levels plus endless the endless could do with work but still a great game just off campaign and some will like how endless works.

18. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Didn't get a chance to say so earlier, but thank you for everyone who provided suggestions for what you'd like to see in an update! We read 'em all and it's a big help to see what people are interested in (and I love the creativity!)

19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

More levels please, lol. Managed to get all "crowns", totally loving it! Now off to endless, lol

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If you like tower defenses get this, this is almost on par with Plants Vs Zombies regarding quality and fun.