Universal Castle Crusade - catapult battles - looking for testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BillyT, Nov 22, 2016.

1. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    #1 BillyT, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Hi all,

Castle Crusade is a catapult battle game for iPhones and iPads. You build your own castle and then go to battle other players or work your way through the single player campaign. We have soft launched in New Zealand but we would love to get some more beta testing done before releasing it in other countries. If you're interested, please submit your test flight ID (usually your Apple ID) here: http://eepurl.com/cacUtv

Below is the promo video and app info.

Thanks for your time,
    Bill

---

---
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    AppInfo above doesn't seem to be working, possibly because it is only available in one country, so I'll post some screenshots and the app description here.

Begin your Crusade!

Inspired by the 1980s classic tabletop game Crossbows and Catapults, Castle Crusade is a tower defence battle game like no other.

Imagine a medieval battlefield where you take charge of the offence and defence to defeat evil enemies and lead your people to victory!

Using your catapult, hurl rocks, fireballs, bombs and other projectiles to smash your opponent’s castle to bits. Strategically build and defend your own castle to survive enemy attacks!

If this sounds like a heap of fun, then Castle Crusade is the game for you!

FEATURES:

• Wage war the medieval way with awesome 3D graphics.
    • Launch your attack using rock, fire, acid and bombs!
    • Destroying your opponent’s castle has never been more of a rush!
    • Construct the ultimate castle to defeat your opponents.
    • Progress through multiple battlefields to rule over all the surrounding lands.
    • Duel players from around the world in real-time and climb the global rankings to be the number 1 player in the world.
    • Challenge your friends to a battle
    • Unlock awesome upgrades to level up and strengthen your castle and catapult.
    • Simple to play yet deep battle strategy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm intrigued by this... do the castle defenses do anything? Like, I see soldiers lined up around the castle walls, do they help in the battles? Or, is just shooting catapults? Not that that isn't a cool concept, just wondering if there was more going on :D Thanks

4. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    At this stage - no - but our plan is to eventually add characters that you would strategically place in your castle design, each with different defensive or offensive abilities. Here's a sketch of one of them - the kings advisor.

[​IMG]

So at the moment the main strategy is around designing your castle using positioning and certain brick types to make it hard to destroy, and then in offence it's about choosing the right type of projectile to destroy certain types of bricks, as well as aiming and shooting as quickly as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

5. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Thanks to everyone who submitted their testflight details. I've added you to the system so if you haven't received a notification from testflight please let me know.

6. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Free or premium?

7. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    At this stage it is a FTP title.

All the best
    Bill

8. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Thanks again to everyone who signed up for beta testing. Apple appears to have disabled the version I had previously uploaded for testing, so I'm uploading a new build now which should be cleared for testing in a day or so.

Thanks
    Bill

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Crashes instantly after loading.
    iPhone 5c

10. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    which version of the game are you running? Did you download it via Test Flight or the New Zealand App Store? The previous test flight build we had was automatically disabled by apple when we added a later version to the app store, so I'm wondering if you were somehow able to download this disabled version?

Thanks

11. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Thanks again to everyone who signed up for the beta testing. I've just pushed the button to make v1.0.2 available via testflight, and you should have received some sort of notification with install instructions. Any problems just let me know.

Thanks
    Bill

12. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Sorry folks. A user reported a serious bug in the castle builder. This has been fixed and I'm uploading a new build now.

13. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    new version now available on TestFlight.

Thanks again

14. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    This, along with a couple of other bugs, should be fixed in the version I just released on TestFlight.

Thanks for your time
    Bill

15. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Hi all,

We're about to do another round of beta testing so if you're interested in checking out Castle Crusade please submit your Apple ID here: http://eepurl.com/cacUtv

A build will be sent out via Test Flight mid next week. iOS device (iPhone or iPad) required.

We've added heaps of new features since the last build, the main one being the addition of playable heroes.

All the best
    Bill

Attached Files: