iPad Castle Conflict - update submitted - old version promo codes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrokenKings, Sep 6, 2010.

1. BrokenKings

BrokenKings Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    #1 BrokenKings, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
    Hello fellow gamers!

We at Broken Kings are excited to let you guys know that we submitted the update to Castle Conflict to Apple this last Friday. It was quite the ride to get it submitted, and we will admit that it took much longer to get to this point that we hoped. So much so that we are looking to restructure a lot of things so that we can get much quicker at developing and turning around products.

But - while we wait for Apple to update the application, we have a bunch of promo codes that are good with the current version that will go to waste. So we'd love to share those promo codes with you guys :)

A screenshot to whet the thirst of those of you who have been awaiting the new update:

[​IMG]

This new update takes place in a large forest, and we've focussed on tree based strategies for the new units. Remember the archer and the planter balloon? We've got a couple new surprises in store for players who enjoyed that.

We truly believe that Castle Conflict is the best game of it's style (Castle Defense) on the app store right now, due to the additional strategy added by the inclusion of resources, the variety of units, and number of levels. Don't believe us? Then give the game a shot! We'd love to hear what you think, how we can improve, etc.

And now, on to the promised promo codes. Here's five for starts. After we receive feedback on the game, we will post five more :D

All promos taken - more given once feedback is received

Please note that when Apple approves the update, these promo codes will no longer be valid.

2. ZureaL

ZureaL Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I snagged...

6EJF9MNX974F -- Thanks!

3. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    ugh missed em all. my itouch wasnt working to put in code, kept giving me error message, and by the time i got to my cpu, they were all gone.

4. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Zureal, would love to know what you think of it, and same to anyone else who took a promo code. :)

5. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    I must admit it's a bit disappointing - I'm hoping to get some good conversation going with you guys but the promo codes seem to just entice people to come into the conversation, grab a promo code, and leave without a word.

So let's talk about the game a bit. For those who have played, what are some good strategies you have found?

6. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Sorry about your results. Lots of times promo codes do generate conversation, but it seems like only about 20% leave immediate feedback.

Please don't lose faith in the TA community - many of us are very good about sharing our impressions and giving feedback.

I haven't played Castle Conflict yet, but it's on my wishlist. It looks like a very polished app.
    :)

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I have had this app for a couple months now and I really enjoy it. It offers just the right amount of challenge. The units are all balanced nicely. The art style is really neat too. Sorry I can't think of much else to say, it's really late here and my brain just isn't functioning like it should. Anyway the game is great and easily worth the price u payed for it.

8. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    We had it free for a little while on Free App A Day so a lot of people who aren't necessarily interested in strategy games downloaded it and rated it poorly. It happens :)

Glad to hear some of the positive feedback. Let's test that 20% rule ... here are 10 more promo codes, hoping for 2 feedbacks (that's bad english for sure!)

WK97NAFTK3AH
    YKHXPRTP63LW
    PKXT443XWJ6E
    LMKKNJPF9HWJ
    AEKEWJ9XTKXK
    RT973W7LMY9H
    34P4T7F4FJM4
    JH9KTL9WE4MN
    9RLLFLWLJ37P
    F3W9KTY6J64X

Here's also some news on the future direction of Broken Kings ...

9. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks!

I took LMKKNJPF9HWJ. Thanks so much - I will start playing this afternoon and post my impressions here and a review on iTunes within 24 hours. Thanks!!

10. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    I used WK97NAFTK3AH! Thanks, I will have to post some feedback later but I will be busy most of today.

11. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    @brokenkings I bought this game back in dec '09. Nice to know that u are still working on it. Do u have any plans for an ipad Version?

12. dorm3nt

dorm3nt Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    got AEKEWJ9XTKXK thanks very much :) looks pretty neat, will review/rate when I get a chance to give it a try

13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I love this game! Looking forward to the update. :)

14. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Game Impressions

Okay, I know I said I'd submit feedback in 24 hours, but I already love it. I've conquered 6 castles and am busily adding units and upgrading my castle. And I really HATE thieves. :)

The graphics are great - crisp, clean and appealling. Also, they scale really well on my iPad (and I'm really picky about that)!

I've posted my review on iTunes and I'll add more feedback here as I progress. Thanks again for the code, and I can't wait for the update!

Any idea exactly when it will be released?!? :D

15. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Get dogs. They are thief and worker assassins.

16. Brawnydt

Brawnydt Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Marketing consultant and Game designer
    California
    Game Impressions

Just wanted to say that I've had this game for months, ever since the original version came out and I agree it's the best in the genre on the app store. Lots and lots of fun and I'm stoked on this update!

I'd beaten the game a while ago and then forgotten about it all together, can't wait to play the updates!

I love using thieves and they play a key role in my strategy. Would love to see a thief dropping balloon! Or just a thief balloon for that matter... hmm...

17. s-tan

s-tan Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Awesome Game, waiting for the update to pop-up!

18. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    It's been submitted for four days, Apple typically is able to get things out in about a week. So it should be out in the next three days.

19. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009

The biggest difficulty is the art. We've talked about it, and it's not something Josiah thinks he would be able to undertake for a little while. In the meantime, we've been talking with another artist who is interested in doing the art, so we'll see where those talks go.

20. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Game Impressions

Castle Conflict is a great strategy game which reminds me of Crystal Wars.
    The game is balanced with nice progression difficulty. It has tremendous gameplay value and becomes extremely challenging. It is unwise to use the same units for every level, and even just choosing the units you want to build at a particular time in a level can lead to victory or defeat.

One thing that can be improved is the audio. There isn't much music to set the mood and give the game a really nice feel. The sound effects are alright, but I think there could be more, like giving you units things to say or a unique sound that only they make.

The art style is really the main thing I don't like. It is too much like doodle graphics, which sucks in every which way. Here I am with one of technologies greatest achievements including retina display and I am forced to look at doodle graphics? No thank you. Don't get me started on games like Doodle Jump. :( Look at Crystal Wars, it has really nice graphics. The menus and user interface would aslo benefit from a better looking art style. A good art style just gives the game a polished feel that is enjoyable to look at and very pleasing to the eye.

Other than that it is a nice game that would benefit from content updates that expand the number of levels and give the player more to play. The forest update should be a great addition to the game.