Castle Cats - Control a cat army! By PocApp Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PocApp Studios, May 20, 2016.

1. PocApp Studios

PocApp Studios Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Hi Bluejacker,

Can you tell me exactly what Android LePan you have? If the device has less than 1GB of RAM Castle Cats might have difficulties running on that device. If it has more than 1GB it should be able to run depending on how much RAM the device itself are using.

We're looking into every feedback we're receiving and we are trying to optimize the game the best we can. Castle Cats is very heavy in terms of graphical assets and it's difficult to make the game run on older devices.

Sorry for the late reply and I hope you understand. We're doing updates every other week to try to fix this problem so that as many of our players can enjoy the game.

Thank you for the feedback!

Best regards,
    Tim

2. Tauqoc

Tauqoc New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    #42 Tauqoc, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Castle cats

I have noticed that their is a time glitch. I also have the suggestion to have the game data saved to the cloud.

Thanks for reading. Love the game so far.

3. Kagari

Kagari New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Student
    California, USA
  4. wilcox1232

wilcox1232 New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Stuck main quest

Loving the game playing it a ton and really leveling fast, i got 2 things to report though. Leaderboard wise stoped tracking at level 40 (im currently 47 still 40 though on leaderboard). Secondly the main quest stormy seas needs Heroic Athletic Crafty Crafty in a 2 cat slot. I currently have every cat at max level and to do it you need a heroic crafty and athletic crafty (since theres no double skill cats). Curio covers the athletic craft, but theres no heroic crafty so i'm stuck atm, guess i'll just keep leveling and doing gem quests to stack for new cats :p (also cloud saving would be amazing i started on my phone but would love to play on my tablet to.)

5. Wilcoxamye

Wilcoxamye New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Google play button dead on android tablet

So at this point ive lost all progression was lvl 16 with quite a few upgraded cats. On my tablet i am unable to connect to google play or see leader boards. The google play button under settings is a dead button. If loaded on my phone the google play aspect of the game is working. Since i already lost all progression, i attempted to uninstall - restart - reinstall to the same issue. Maybe im not the only one. Kinda sad. Love cats.

Tablet is SM-T310 V 4.4.2 fully updated kernel: 3.0.31-1729796:confused:

6. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Hi,
    Would you mind explaining the time glitch for me?
    Google Save Cloud will be implemented in the next update! :)
    Thank you for playing!

Hi, We're soon going to start another iOS TestFlight beta. I will announce it when it's ready!

Hi, thank you for testing our game so much!
    Somehow our leaderboard stopped tracking for a while. We will look into it!
    Stormy Seas is fixed for the next update, we made a wrong combination of skills :) Thank you for noticing! Keep in mind that you're almost at the end of the Story Quests. We will produce more soon! :) Cloud Saving is also on it's way!

Hi,

Do you have internet on your tablet? Our Google Play was down for some days until we noticed it, that might've been the reason. We're working on Cloud Saving and hopefully we can release it in the next Beta Update!
    Thank you so much for playing the game and leaving feedback! :)

Best Regards,
    Tim

7. SythSynner

SythSynner New Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Awesome! That's good to know. I will keep an eye on this forum then! When it's time do we PM you our email address?

8. _hnng_

_hnng_ Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2016
  9. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    #49 PocApp Studios, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Hey everyone!

We've been testing Castle Cats on both iOS and Google Play Early Access for a while and we're very thankful for all the feedback that we've received so far!

One of the biggest request is to implement a "Battle System" to make the game more fun to play - transforming the game from being completely idle to more action-centered gameplay. And that is exactly what we've been doing!

You can now enter the quests the cats are on and help them fight through hordes of enemies!

But you might as well not enter at all, and keep playing it just as you did before (completely idle).

Now we need your help (again) to evaluate our battle-prototype!

We gave the battle system great deal of thought - trying to please our idle audience as well players who just need more to do in the game - without trying to overachieve and create something very complex. So we've kept it simple:

By helping the cats fight you actively shorten the time it takes for quests to finish! Basically the enemies health is correlated to the quests timers - and by fighting (tapping the enemies) and using the cats ultimate attacks you can finish longer quests in the blink of an eye! Reaping rewards way quicker than you used to before and thus progressing much faster in the game.

Do you want to help us evaluate our completely new battle-prototype? If so, just reply or PM with your testflight email! :)

Screenshots below:
    Please keep in mind that this is very early in-game footage!

Early Access Trailer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best regards,
    Tim

10. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    #50 PocApp Studios, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Thank you for all the PM:s! If you're still interested there's some spots left!

Best regards,
    Tim

11. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    #51 PocApp Studios, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Hello!

Here's some gifs of our WIP Battle System in Castle Cats. What do you think? :p:D
    If you want to Beta Test and help us improve don't hesitate to reach out!

Best regards,
    Tim

12. Phoenix Gold

Phoenix Gold New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    The new update is looking good. However it is running slow on the Android based phones. And there are some graphical glitches by where you collect your materials. Like cloth wood and gold.

One other major issue I see is evolving the cats, in which you require souls. I have dismissed a couple of cats and didn't receive any souls for doing so. In which I can't evolve my cats.

Any thoughts?

13. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Hey,

We're still optimizing for all devices. Recently we've lowered the FPS from 60 to 30. This keeps the device from getting to warm = better performance. We forgot to add the images for the material stations *woops* will update this week!

There's 2 types of Souls, Common and Rares. Maybe you got the rare ones? Look at your rare/legendary cats and see if you can find the souls there. This system is very new and we are currently working hard to release a new update this week so that players can receive souls from regular quests and daily quests.

Best regards,
    Tim

14. artless

artless New Member

Feb 15, 2017
    #54 artless, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Another 2-cents feedback. Sorry for my mistakes since english is not my mother tongue.

- On the fortress screen, it would be good to show which color of ember goes to which cat. Currently we have to touch each cat's "evolve" button to figure out, it's annoying. Or maybe i am missing something here.

- It would also be convenient to be able to drag & drop cats between active and inactive slots, on the fortress screen.

- I feel there's a lack liberty about the order in which we can purchase upgrades (fortress, resources, questboard). I was quite disappointed when i figured out i couldn't specialize in anything but had to upgrade things by following a pattern. Also, maybe the level of resource production and the amount you can stockpile should be separate upgrades.

- Valentine's event rewards are always 3 letters / flowers / chocolates, regardless of your level (or so it seems, because i'm still doing level 8 quests). I figured out you should repeat level 3 quests instead, as they give the same amount of objects, are quicker and don't cost anything. Maybe you should give more incentive on doing higher level quests (or the contrary, less incentive on doing lower level ones).

- After completing a battle, the player should be taken to the loot screen instead of the main screen. Currently you have to re-enter the quest board and touch the quest you just finished, it's kind of fiddly.

15. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Hey,

Thank you so much for the feedback!

- In the newest update we've made so that you can see what ember you need to evolve a cat before you press the button.

- Drag n Drop is a really a good idea, we will put it in the idea-icebox!

- I understand what you mean and like the idea of splitting them up into different upgrades

- We're still figuring out how we should do the event giveaways. Maybe we can try increasing the rewards in future events! If you press the Love Boost you can increase the amount of materials you gain.

- Yes, that's something we have planned to do :)

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Best regards,
    Tim

16. Jaywhisker

Jaywhisker New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    #56 Jaywhisker, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Game feedback

Overall the game is really fun, got me engaged and so. But when I get new cats,they are unable to join quests as their levels are too low... Perhaps you can add more training quest or even have a training centre available for these new cats to train up their levels

17. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

May 15, 2017
    Leveling cats

Hey! I was wondering if there would be easier ways to train your low level cats instead of waiting for a low level quest. Thanks! :D

18. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Hi, is this game still accepting Beta testers? This looks like something I'd be interested in playing and helping test out.

19. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    As you can see we have updated the game based on the feedback we have received from you and we will start posting and updating here more frequently!

Hey Jay and Jimmeh,

Thanks for the kind words and feedback! To level up your low-level cats you can either:
    1) Make them Active in the fortress and wait for the quest-timer to reset and you will receive low-level quests.
    2) On ordinary quests (not the red story-quests) you can send low-level cats together with high-level cats. Your success chance will go down but as long as you use the right skills and find cats with traits that increase the success chance you should be golden! :)

Hey,
    Right now we're in review and waiting for approval. Hopefully we will be able to send out Testflight/Promo Codes for you guys to play before the release! :)

Best,
    Tim

20. PocApp Studios

Jul 22, 2015
    Developer
    Sweden
    Localization is Finally done!

Hey all!

I wanted to show you our simple yet beautiful start menu. What do you think? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

We've also finished localizing Castle Cats into 6 more languages which feels amazing! :eek::p

[​IMG]

Best regards,
    Tim